Reviews of Rainforest Cafe

View Menus at Rainforest Cafe Dining Location

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Disney Springs Marketplace

Lunch/Dinner Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/rainforest-cafe-downtown-disney/lunch-dinner
Child's Menu:

Reviewer: Lora Neville Review Date: 10/01/2018

Love eating breakfast here

Pros:

Fun

Cons:

Non

Reviewer: Kathy Review Date: 09/29/2018

Would never ever go back here again! First time we went we really enjoyed. Following year we went and it was like day and night! Server kept trying to sell us some kind of rewards/pointsnprogram all night long making us very uncomfortable! Food was horrible this time around. So bad that it was inedible for my son who ordered crabcakes as he was a vegetarian. He said they tasted weird and my Husband tried a piece and said same. Oh boy. By end of night the two were vomiting and running to bathroom all night and the following 2 days ruining our trip! Can you say food Poisoning! I can !
Never ever again!

Reviewer: magicalcouple Review Date: 09/27/2018

I could type a very long and negative review but I'll brief it up and say:
Neglectful service, no refills
Server forgot to enter order after us checking twice in 90 minutes on said order

We were seated quickly because we had reservations and that was pleasing. But the experience was upsetting in many ways and I cannot recommend this place. The food did not make up for it, though I had already been soured by the service so maybe it was better than my mean ole mind was telling me it was!

Certainly, this can happen at any restaurant. But we went by unnoticed by our server and management after repeatedly asking for assistance.

Our food order was: 1 kids chicken meal with sprite, 1 adult burger with unsweet tea, 1 appetizer as a meal with water.

But I would like to end with a positive, the atmosphere is a neat one for the kiddos.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

Service

Reviewer: mawdryn Review Date: 07/17/2017

We had reservations for 4 after our plane landed in Orlando on June 28th. I think our reservation was for about 11:30, and we were seated as soon as we checked in. The service was very good and the food was just ok. I expected this, having dined at Rain Forest Cafe numerous times. We hadn't been there in awhile, and my 17 year old twins really wanted to go back...It's fun to do once or twice, but with all the other options in Disney Springs, this one will take a back seat...

Pros:

Location

Reviewer: bethocindigo Review Date: 10/20/2016

So we decided we were SICK of mediocre Disney Quick-Service food options after 4 days and wanted to go to Disney Springs and enjoy some REAL food for lunch before we had to make the 8 hour trek back home by car through 3 states.

I REALLY wanted to eat here as we have done it before a few times a few years ago and it was a SUPERB dining choice with super-fresh seafood and 4 star quality entrée selections. The receptionist told us that early in the morning (11 ish) there would be a 45-60 minute wait or we could be seated directly at the bar. We were starving and chose the bar option. The seats are high stools on colorfully-painted animal backsides. Too-funny, but a bit wooden and stiff. As we walked closer to the bar we noticed that there were TABLE, after TABLE, after TABLE which were empty in the dining section. OK, so they don't have waiters and waitresses working until noon? Annoying.

We ordered mixed drinks in souvenier glasses and they were absolutely delicious and very well made. Then I got the large appetizer platter which comes with guac, fried cheese, chicken tenders, crab dip, and southwest eggrolls. I highly recommend the crab dip; it is out of this world!

Our son ordered the bacon cheeseburger and it is VERY thick and big. He could not eat very much of it so I took it home. Tastes FABULOUS! My husband had the Prime Rib steak which comes with butter on top. If you're allergic, ask them to leave it off or take a pill.

Overall, this is a GREAT place with an animatronic Rainforest-themed animal show that comes to live every 20 minutes and the food is to DIE for. Just make sure you get reservations or you'll be waiting a long time.

Pros:

delicious drinks, food, and atmosphere

Cons:

reservations are a MUST or you'll be stuck at the bar in a stiff stool

Reviewer: Mhines507 Review Date: 10/11/2016

We had 11 am reservations and they had no one able to check us in until a quarter after. If that was all it would have been fine but we ended up spending another two hours inside the restaurant to eat lunch. It was so painful. We also know that it isn't a Disney Restaurant and we did not need to be told this every time the waiter stopped at the table. The food was the only good thing but by the time we got done it did not do anything to make the experience better. I don't think we should have planned on spending over two hours for lunch, when we had reservations, at this location. If you want to plan anything else in your day, avoid this location.

Pros:

Cons:

Wait time and time spent in restaurant

Reviewer: KCKAS Review Date: 12/20/2015

Too loud to have a conversation. Steak and shrimp was adequate. Son had steak and liked it. 2 daughters had burgers, one liked, other was too salty to eat. I had blue something sandwich, had no flavor. We loved our waiter. He was terrific. Took desserts to go because noise was ridiculous.

Pros:

kids liked ambiance

Cons:

noise level, food

Reviewer: NJDzneMom Review Date: 12/12/2015

We dined at Rain Forest Cafe the week of Dec 6, 2015. We had dined at the AK location in the past and decided to try to DW location on this trip.

I didn't think the decorations - animals, trees and effects - were as good at this location as they are at AK. That was a little disappointing. There was lightning but no rain showers. Maybe we had a bad table but I only saw gorillas. Generally a little disappointed when compared to the other location.

The food was average. The temperature of the food was warm, not hot. And the quality was okay, but certainly not as good as many of the other restaurants we enjoyed during our trip.

Our waitress was attentive and very friendly. She brought drink refills automatically and seemed eager to please. Unfortunately, the lack of food quality and loudness of this restaurant were just not appealing to our family.

I would not recommend this specific location. If you're going for the effects - go to the AK location. If you're going for food, skip this one.

Pros:

Service

Cons:

Noise, Food Quality

Reviewer: sreynolds5 Review Date: 02/20/2015

We really enjoyed our lunch here on our last day at Disney. We were able to get a reservation for 11 a.m. the night before we ate there. The restaurant opens at 11 a.m., so this turned out to be a low crowd time. Because we were eating early, we skipped breakfast. We were seated right on time and our server was pleasant and very efficient. We ordered Rainforest burgers and a Turkey Club with a Chocolate Volcano for dessert -- enough for the 4 of us to share! Everything was delicious. A nostalgic experience for us, since we had not been in this restaurant since our now teenage children were young enough to be frightened by the thunderstorms:) Were also pleased to find a couple of nice t-shirts in the gift shop for just $15 each.
Just can't think of 1 thing to complain about -- so it's a 10!

Pros:

Fun Atmosphere, Good Food

Cons:

Pricey

Reviewer: kelhalmom Review Date: 12/23/2014

I'm surprised that the reviews here are as low as they are. I had an ADR, but didn't need one bc I am a member of Landry's Select Club. You are treated almost like royalty, so that's fun. Our meal was good as well. My children loved the theming and the fish. We will def come back.
The only con I have is that when we requested our check it took a little while to get to us. They were very busy though!

Pros:

Animals fun, theming awesome, food good

Cons:

wait on check