Reviews of Raglan Road

Lunch Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/raglan-road/lunch
Dinner Menu:
Child's Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/raglan-road/child-lunch-dinner

Reviewed by maze4 Review Date: 03/31/2013

This was a last minute ressie upon the request of my DH for his birthday. It was our last day and wasn't sure of our plans. My mother had joined us on this trip and is a snowbird so she met us in Disney. She was being picked up that day and had friends meet us there for lunch on 3/23. The resort bus dropped us off at the Marketplace not realizing that Raglan Road was on the other side. My mother had rented a scooter for this trip but didn't think she would need one for downtown. We were wrong. This is one place we don't visit, we like the parks. We trekked across Downtown taking 15 minutes with all the slow moving walkers. We just made our ressies. We were seated immediately. The place was empty. We were on the dining plan and had credits left which was nice.

I made sure to note that it was my DH birthday. We told our waitress that we had to make sure to make it back to our resort to catch magical express and she told us about the bus pick up right outside Raglan Road. She said not everyone knows about this stop. I wish we did earlier.

We ordered appetizers which we knew we had to pay for. My DS20 ordered the ribs and DS14 ordered the wings. Both were delicious and large portions. My mother had the soup of the day which was potato, ham, and cabbage. She loved it. We were a party of 9. Mostly had hamburgers, and chicken sandwiches. Everything was good. My only complaint was it took over an hour to get our food. Again we were the only ones in the restaurant. The waitress kept refilling our drinks and our conversation was lively. My DD4 feel asleep and missed her food.

The waitress acknowledged my DH birthday by giving him a cupcake with a candle in it He didn't eat it since he ordered the lemon dessert which was like a lemon tart ok. I had the bread pudding with two types of sauces: vanilla and Guiness. It was huge, hot, and heaven. Too much to eat though and felt like I wasted it but was nice to try.

We all decided that even though it took forever to get our food we would try this again but would like to come for dinner so that we can see the entertainment.

Pros:

Irish food, atmosphere

Cons:

location at downtown Disney

Reviewed by LoriC Review Date: 02/24/2013

My sons and I had dinner at Raglan Road recently. We had made priority seating arrangements, but when we arrived, was told they did not have record of our reservation. So, we waited outside for a table. Our wait was only about 25 minutes and we were seated close to the entertainment. We ordered the Serious Steak, Fish and Chips, and a kids meal. It took over a half an hour just to get the bread delivered. Then, another half an hour to get our dinner. They were very busy that night, but I felt it was too long to have to wait for food. Once delivered, the meal was outstanding! Probably the best steak dinner I've had in years. The music and entertainment added to the fun of sitting outside at downtown Disney.

Pros:

Food and Entertainment

Cons:

Speed of Service

Reviewed by lcavese Review Date: 01/17/2013

My family stumbled upon this restaurant a few years ago when Le Celier was full and we decided to try something out of our comfort zone. The reservations specialist recommended Raglan Road, and we all loved it. In November, my mom and I were at Disney celebrating my birthday, and our first reservation and stop of the trip was at RR. Our food was excellent, and at the end, our waitress brought us a Bread Pudding for my birthday treat! I had never tasted Bread Pudding before and am very picky, but this was AMAZING! HIGHLY recommend to everyone!

Reviewed by recmouse Review Date: 01/17/2013

We were a party of 7 and had made reservations. When we checked in, we got our pager and it went off within 10 minutes and we were seated. We weren't in the main dining room by the stage, which bummed us out at first, we were in a side room. We could still hear the band quite well and then the step-dancers came into our room several times. It ended up being great because it wasn't too loud but still entertaining. Our waiter was great! Didn't rush us and was very informative and attentive. He also made sure our drinks didn't go empty!

We started with the appetizer sampler platter which had wings, ribs, bangers, scallops and maybe something else and some dipping sauces. We got two of them for the table and it was plenty. The presentation was great too!

For dinner I had the "It's Not Bleedin' Chowder" except I asked them to not put mussels in mine and add extra scallops and/or shrimp instead. They did it and it was fantastic. My husband got his with the mussels and he enjoyed his as well. Our friend got the Shepherds Pie, which he liked, but the portion wasn't enough for him. Another got the braised beef that he said was ok. Two friends got burgers and LOVED them!

We saved some room for dessert and you should too! Get the bread pudding - wow! I've never been a fan of bread pudding but this is fantastic! We also got the strawberry and apple crumble, and a lemon curd tart... both good.

We just had a really good time and we all said we would definitely go back!

Pros:

Food and fun!

Reviewed by lovingeire Review Date: 01/01/2013

Ended up with extra dining credits and a free night so we ate here at the recommendation of a friend from Ireland, I wasn't sure what to eat, but the food was nothing short of amazing! I had the heavenly ham and it was heavenly indeed. Like the ham suppers I had in Ireland with a kick! DH had Braised be Beef I believe and my 12 year old had its not bleeding chowder. Both enjoyed their meals. Bread pudding for dessert was AMAZING!

Irish dancers were fun. My two year old was clapping along with the music. We were seated with a clear view to the stage, but also had the little "solo" stage next to our table. Great experience!

Best part of the dinner might have been my pint of Magners (Bulmers in Ireland). It was about as perfect as could be! We will be returning on our next trip!

Pros:

Food, atmosphere, entertainment, beer selection

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/18/2019

Granted we were tired, it was our traveling day, but we had high expectations here and were disappointed

Pros:

The waiter and food was good, but not great

Cons:

The stage has limited viewing by only a few tables. Could not see anything but tops of bobbing heads from where we were sitting. Found two chicken bones in my pot pie and my daughter didn't like the fish

Reviewed by Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

we did not love it

Pros:

its ok

Cons:

didn't love the menu

Reviewed by MelissaStone Review Date: 08/31/2017

The wait for food was long and I asked for medium rare on 4 steak, all were over-cooked like cook well. Manager did ask if we want to exchange but we didn't because didn't want to wait another 30 minutes for the steak. The music here is too noise and can't have any conversation, not good for kids here.

Pros:

nothing

Cons:

Noise, food overcooked

Reviewed by cmoranski Review Date: 04/25/2017

A much anticipated anniversary dinner was horrible. Snotty waiter, alcohol in all of the entrees, alcohol in the desserts. Had to order fish and chips which came from the quickservice next door for half the price. Husbands braised beef was cold and minuscule serving. Colcannon potatoes had cold stringy onions in it. Two entrees a beer and a Coke $75.

Pros:

Entertainment

Cons:

Food, price, service

Reviewed by ssdh90 Review Date: 08/19/2015

Just got back from a fantastic Disney World trip (Is there any other kind?). The only disappointment was Raglan Road. Food was very disappointing - Fish in "Fish and Chips" was incredibly dry, Pot pie was adequate at best. The atmosphere and music was so incredibly loud we couldn't talk. Ate the fish and chips next store at Cook's and at Epcot- so much better. Maybe it was a bad night, but you could tell this restaurant is NOT operated by Disney.

Pros:

Cute decor

Cons:

Very loud - food was disappointing