Reviews of Raglan Road

Lunch Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/raglan-road/lunch
Dinner Menu:
Child's Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/raglan-road/child-lunch-dinner

Reviewed by beaner1219 Review Date: 01/07/2014

Seated quickly, good service, had fish and chips, which were great.

Pros:

Good dining experience

Reviewed by toolmanjan Review Date: 12/29/2013

We ate here on Saturday 12/28. My family of 4 all agree we would eat here again. The food was excellent. If you are looking for a quiet dinner this is not the place. After adjusting to the noise and atmosphere we enjoyed the entertainment.

Pros:

Great Food

Cons:

A little noisy

Reviewed by MellieBeans Review Date: 12/11/2013

We dined here on Monday December 9, 2013, for the very first time. I'd been reading many reviews of the food before our trip and so we decided based on that to try it. I wish we hadn't. The food was pretty good, but I didn't appreciate, or enjoy the entertainment. We were seated early, almost 45 minutes before our scheduled reservation time, which was a bonus. But, we were seated by the platform in the middle of the main dining area and during our dinner, and it felt almost like we had someone dancing on our own table. Dust, dirt and wood was flying around and dropping off the platform right onto our table while we ate, and I have no idea why we were seated there to begin with, we practically had the entire restaurant to ourselves! I'm no prude, but I really don't want to look up at someone's butt while I am eating my food, and between the girl's short skirt, and the guy dancing, I really was left with no choice but to look away.
The place was fantastic, visually. I loved the decor and overall look.
The food, it was okay. DH ordered Mammy's roast chicken and he didn't really care for it. I can't say that I blame him, it was seriously overcooked and he didn't care for the sauce. My dinner was Kevin's Heavenly Ham and I loved the raisin jus that came with it, for without it I'm afraid the ham would have been terrible. The colcannon potatoes were a delight and we both enjoyed the bread and Guiness reduction sauce.
All in all I would have to say we probably won't be going back to Raglan Road, ever again.

Pros:

Price, portions, visual

Cons:

Noise, entertainment

Reviewed by DeanMoriarity Review Date: 09/02/2013

Ate here on 8/29/13 and I was seated right at my reservation time. My waitress Naomi was great. I was quickly attended to and she never seemed to be too far away. She took my order for drinks and appetizers in a timely manner and did a very good job answering my questions about the items on the menu.

The menu is really outstanding. The chef that put this together managed to present some traditional Irish dishes with a contemporary twist. I had the scallop forest for an appetizer. It was good, and it comes with two dipping sauces. For an entree, my wife had one of the most traditional of Irish dishes, the shepherds pie. I've had this dish many times in other restaurants but Raglan Road has their own unique, and tasty, version. Well worth the 18 dollars it cost. I had the Braised Beef and I got a large portion of moist & meaty beef along with all the vegetables. Also a very good choice. The portions are large and we were very full when asked about desserts. Now this was at the end of my WDW vacation, and I can tell you the Raglan Road had the best dessert menu I'd seen all week. Inspired by this, I decided to try the strawberry/apple crumble. This was excellent and I would not hesitate to order this again.

As one would expect in an Irish Pub, there is entertainment. Though I wasn't fortunate enough to sit near the main stage, I could see the dancers from my seat and the house band was very good.

For those who are trying to decide where to eat at Downtown Disney, I highly recommend this place. Good food, great service and a lively atmosphere makes for a memorable night out.

Pros:

Irish Theme/Food

Reviewed by Mich97 Review Date: 08/30/2013

We ate here this past July. As always the food was good. I had the fish & chips and it was more than enough. DD had the bangers and booze and was quite full. DN had the shepherd's pie and loved it. My only complaint was that they were doing some construction on the inside during our visit and so we had some obstruction of our view of the stage.

Pros:

food

Reviewed by bellebookworm9 Review Date: 08/01/2013

My two friends and I dined here for dinner on 7/25. Our reservation was for 8:30pm, and we arrived right on time. We did have to wait a bit to be seated, but we spent time browsing the gift shop. Our table was in the main room with the entertainment, far enough away that we could still see the dancers and band but still have a conversation.

I ordered the Shepherd's Pie, one person chose the Braised Beef and the third went with the Serious Steak. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals. For dessert, we had Ger's Bread & Butter pudding, Black Forest Kiss, and the Strawberry & Apple Crumble. The fruit was baked into an oatmeal type tart, which was not what I was expecting, but it was still very good.

Our server was Rachelle, and while she was friendly enough, she didn't seem happy to be there. I suppose she was just busy. We did love the dancers and the band; my friend has family in Ireland and she had a great time singing along to the songs. Highly recommend this restaurant for a fun time!

Pros:

Excellent food, band and dancers

Cons:

So-so service

Reviewed by peytonshea02 Review Date: 06/16/2013

It took us 10+ trips to the World before we finally tried this place! Had dinner here in May - The atmosphere is very fun! - We were seated in a room off to the side, but the fabulous entertainers brought a small stage into the room so we could see the show up close! The Irish Step dancers are amazing! Our waiter was excellent. We are an Irish family from Boston and were thrilled to have an Yankees fan from NY as our server! He was fabulous and we had a lot of fun with him.

We were starving so the 4 of us decided to share the some ginourmous appetizer sampling platter. The scallops were to DIE for..the ribs with Guinness BBQ sauce were ok and the Dalkey Duo were the least of our favorites. Next time it will be all scallops.

For dinner, DH decided to try the Sod the Stew - why he chose this on a 90 degree day, I have no idea. He must have been inspired by the fabulous dancing and his cold beer. In any event, he LOVED it. I had the It's Not Bleedin' Chowder! and it was very good. I did enjoy it but I will definately try something else next time. There was a very strong flavor of bacon, which was a little odd with all the fresh seafood. Both kids had the fish and chips and enjoyed them as well.
We had the Ger's Bread & Butter Pudding for dessert...I am not sure if we were just full from dinner or if we are just missing the boat here...but we just didn't love it...sooooo sweet. Tasty, but sweet (did I mention sweet) and super heavy. A few bites for each of us and we were done.

We really enjoyed our meal here...we were very happy with our first try and will definately go back!

Reviewed by ADisneyGinger Review Date: 05/02/2013

DH and I ate here on April 25, with a 7 pm reservation. We loved the entertainment and atmosphere - the band was incredible, and the dancing was fun to watch. We sang along with songs whenever we were invited/instructed to do so, and had a great time. Bread service comes with a Guiness reduction, which was so good, I looked up the recipe and made it at home the first day we got back from our trip. I think we cleaned up the whole portion that we were given. I had fish and chips, which were pretty normal (although the fish kept falling out of its breading), and DH had the heavenly ham, which was a giant portion, and really did taste quite heavenly. I had a few bites, and would whole-heartedly recommend it. It comes with two sauces on the plate - the sweet raisin sauce is a bit jarring with the ham (and I usually love sweet things), but the cheesy sauce is to die for. For dessert, we ordered the bread pudding. The couple next to us had a different server and were given bread pudding for free to celebrate their anniversary. We were also celebrating our anniversary (and had on our buttons), but our server still charged us for the dessert. A little disappointing because of the inconsistency, but the bread pudding was spectacular. One of the best desserts of the trip.

Pros:

Entertainment, Bread Pudding, Guiness Reduction

Cons:

Service

Reviewed by bodean4god Review Date: 04/20/2013

This is a fun place to eat and enjoy the music and dancing! **Know that music/dancing is usually after 6pm** Good selection of food and fairly good service. It is loud during dinner hours, but tolerable and we always like going here.

Pros:

Great food, atmosphere cool and fun.

Cons:

service sometimes slow

Reviewed by maze4 Review Date: 03/31/2013

This was a last minute ressie upon the request of my DH for his birthday. It was our last day and wasn't sure of our plans. My mother had joined us on this trip and is a snowbird so she met us in Disney. She was being picked up that day and had friends meet us there for lunch on 3/23. The resort bus dropped us off at the Marketplace not realizing that Raglan Road was on the other side. My mother had rented a scooter for this trip but didn't think she would need one for downtown. We were wrong. This is one place we don't visit, we like the parks. We trekked across Downtown taking 15 minutes with all the slow moving walkers. We just made our ressies. We were seated immediately. The place was empty. We were on the dining plan and had credits left which was nice.

I made sure to note that it was my DH birthday. We told our waitress that we had to make sure to make it back to our resort to catch magical express and she told us about the bus pick up right outside Raglan Road. She said not everyone knows about this stop. I wish we did earlier.

We ordered appetizers which we knew we had to pay for. My DS20 ordered the ribs and DS14 ordered the wings. Both were delicious and large portions. My mother had the soup of the day which was potato, ham, and cabbage. She loved it. We were a party of 9. Mostly had hamburgers, and chicken sandwiches. Everything was good. My only complaint was it took over an hour to get our food. Again we were the only ones in the restaurant. The waitress kept refilling our drinks and our conversation was lively. My DD4 feel asleep and missed her food.

The waitress acknowledged my DH birthday by giving him a cupcake with a candle in it He didn't eat it since he ordered the lemon dessert which was like a lemon tart ok. I had the bread pudding with two types of sauces: vanilla and Guiness. It was huge, hot, and heaven. Too much to eat though and felt like I wasted it but was nice to try.

We all decided that even though it took forever to get our food we would try this again but would like to come for dinner so that we can see the entertainment.

Pros:

Irish food, atmosphere

Cons:

location at downtown Disney