Reviews of Raglan Road

Lunch Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/raglan-road/lunch
Dinner Menu:
Child's Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/raglan-road/child-lunch-dinner

Reviewed by recmouse Review Date: 01/17/2013

We were a party of 7 and had made reservations. When we checked in, we got our pager and it went off within 10 minutes and we were seated. We weren't in the main dining room by the stage, which bummed us out at first, we were in a side room. We could still hear the band quite well and then the step-dancers came into our room several times. It ended up being great because it wasn't too loud but still entertaining. Our waiter was great! Didn't rush us and was very informative and attentive. He also made sure our drinks didn't go empty!

We started with the appetizer sampler platter which had wings, ribs, bangers, scallops and maybe something else and some dipping sauces. We got two of them for the table and it was plenty. The presentation was great too!

For dinner I had the "It's Not Bleedin' Chowder" except I asked them to not put mussels in mine and add extra scallops and/or shrimp instead. They did it and it was fantastic. My husband got his with the mussels and he enjoyed his as well. Our friend got the Shepherds Pie, which he liked, but the portion wasn't enough for him. Another got the braised beef that he said was ok. Two friends got burgers and LOVED them!

We saved some room for dessert and you should too! Get the bread pudding - wow! I've never been a fan of bread pudding but this is fantastic! We also got the strawberry and apple crumble, and a lemon curd tart... both good.

We just had a really good time and we all said we would definitely go back!

Pros:

Food and fun!

Reviewed by CanadianHolly68 Review Date: 12/07/2016

Wonderful time here - good food (lamb, seafood chowder) - best desserts anywhere - good beer (Guinness :) - daughter danced on stage :) - great service - was very loud and too dark to read menu but we managed

too bad it is located in the Disney Springs area - I really dislike this "new" downtown Disney and we will avoid it as much as possible - horrendously crowded , too spaced out and overpriced fancy stores - there are some good restaurants here but it might not be worth the headache getting to them

Pros:

food, dancing, music

Cons:

Disney Springs!

Reviewed by 3leggedtable Review Date: 09/29/2014

Our party of 9 ate lunch here on Tuesday August 26, 2014. The restaurant was quiet and we were seated right at our reservation time.

We ordered 3 gluten free meals; fish and chips, salmon in a light cream sauce, mushroom risotto, and a side order of onion rings. All 3 meals were good. My husband did not like that the skin was still on his fried fish.

Others in our party ordered cheese burgers, shepherds pie and sod and stew. Everyone was happy with their lunch.

Pros:

Cons:

Dark interior

Reviewed by nlg0517 Review Date: 09/27/2014

Our party of five was seated quickly. I was hoping to be in view of the stage but we were seated close to the door, which is my only complaint. We started with the Daulkey Duo the sausages were delicious! Everyone liked them, except DD9 who doesn't eat sausage ever! I had the Heavenly Hash it was very good. My DH had the bangers & Booz which was also good. The girls in the party had the cod which was pretty bland. DS 12 had grilled chicken, let's face it, there's not much you can do to ruin chicken. Then we had dessert. I liked the bread pudding but the Black Kiss didn't have much taste. I would set here again, the menu is large & I'd like to try the apple strawberry tart

Pros:

Good food

Cons:

Loud

Reviewed by Mich97 Review Date: 08/30/2013

We ate here this past July. As always the food was good. I had the fish & chips and it was more than enough. DD had the bangers and booze and was quite full. DN had the shepherd's pie and loved it. My only complaint was that they were doing some construction on the inside during our visit and so we had some obstruction of our view of the stage.

Pros:

food

Reviewed by bellebookworm9 Review Date: 08/01/2013

My two friends and I dined here for dinner on 7/25. Our reservation was for 8:30pm, and we arrived right on time. We did have to wait a bit to be seated, but we spent time browsing the gift shop. Our table was in the main room with the entertainment, far enough away that we could still see the dancers and band but still have a conversation.

I ordered the Shepherd's Pie, one person chose the Braised Beef and the third went with the Serious Steak. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals. For dessert, we had Ger's Bread & Butter pudding, Black Forest Kiss, and the Strawberry & Apple Crumble. The fruit was baked into an oatmeal type tart, which was not what I was expecting, but it was still very good.

Our server was Rachelle, and while she was friendly enough, she didn't seem happy to be there. I suppose she was just busy. We did love the dancers and the band; my friend has family in Ireland and she had a great time singing along to the songs. Highly recommend this restaurant for a fun time!

Pros:

Excellent food, band and dancers

Cons:

So-so service

Reviewed by LoriC Review Date: 02/24/2013

My sons and I had dinner at Raglan Road recently. We had made priority seating arrangements, but when we arrived, was told they did not have record of our reservation. So, we waited outside for a table. Our wait was only about 25 minutes and we were seated close to the entertainment. We ordered the Serious Steak, Fish and Chips, and a kids meal. It took over a half an hour just to get the bread delivered. Then, another half an hour to get our dinner. They were very busy that night, but I felt it was too long to have to wait for food. Once delivered, the meal was outstanding! Probably the best steak dinner I've had in years. The music and entertainment added to the fun of sitting outside at downtown Disney.

Pros:

Food and Entertainment

Cons:

Speed of Service

Reviewed by Stitch1623 Review Date: 06/13/2019

Menu has a large variety, my child likes to eat here because the kids meal is not typical Disney fare. We have had the bangers and mash, fish, risotto, and burgers. Food was pretty good. We like the fish and chips the best. Beer choices are great. The kids like the dancing the most. Restaurant does get loud and crowded.

Pros:

Good food, great drinks, Irish dancing with the kids

Cons:

Loud and crowded, may not be for picky eaters

Reviewed by jannielane Review Date: 05/07/2019

This was not my favorite visit to Raglan Road. When making our reservation I requested that we be seated where we could see the band and the dancers perform. We were seated behind a wall and could neither hear nor see the performance, and our request to move was refused. However, our server was more than gracious about our grumpy moods and we had an enjoyable dinner.

However, it is time that the menu at Raglan Road be refreshed for repeat visitors. The food is heavy, and it would be nice to add a few warm weather entrees. I had the Heavenly Ham and could eat only half of it, despite having not eaten in almost 8 hours. The dish was delicious, but way too much. I recommend the restaurant, although I will probably give it a miss on our next vacation to Disney World. I might try the outside patio.

Pros:

Good atmosphere if you get good seating; decent food

Cons:

Music and dancing not accessible in all areas of restaurant

Reviewed by MaryMcc Review Date: 01/09/2019

Hi, my brother and I went here November 27,2018 on our first visit to Disney. We were really looking forward to this restaurant. We were seated over one hour beyond our reservation time, but we had a great band to watch right outside and we ended up getting a table right at the stage. The dancers were fantastic. The problem was our server. My mom was a waitress for years so I have a great respect for the hard work they do. Our server was great the first minutes until he heard we were on the dining plan. I don't know if the dining plan is frowned upon at Springs. The other possibility is wait staff count on big tippers in that area and he assumed he assumed he wouldn't get a good tip from us. I never expected anything like this. He was friendly to his other diners. My brother and I are over tippers. He served our dinners without word in a timely manner and I had a great show to watch, so we tipped as usual. My brother however was uncomfortable and refuses to go back. It's a shame. This was his top pick restaurant. Tommy liked his chicken. My gnocchi was heavy and tasted like under cooked gluten balls. The scallops tasted good but tiny.

Pros:

Entertainment

Cons:

The waiter and gnocchi. Recommend only for the entertainment.