Reviews of Raglan Road

Lunch Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/raglan-road/lunch
Dinner Menu:
Child's Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/raglan-road/child-lunch-dinner

Reviewed by kw1411 Review Date: 08/10/2015

We dined here on 7/23 with a 8:15 reservation. Upon arrival, I requested to be seated in the main dining room and as a result, we didn't get our table until 9:00. We had a table in between the main stage and the stage in the center of the room and I have to say, it made dinner alot of fun! It was dark and loud but that was part of the experience. As far as the food, my DH and I both ordered the Braised Be Beef and it was very good. It came served in a pot and was soaking in a wonderful sauce/gravy. My DS (15) got the fish and chips and while it tasted fine, it was on the small side. The fish and chips at Yorkshire Fish Shop in Epcot was much larger and better tasting. My DD got the burger and she enjoyed it. I had to try the Bread Pudding for dessert as that was all I heard about...and it was good, but our family enjoyed the bread pudding at Ohana 10x better. This is a place we would definitely consider returning to.

Pros:

Fun Atmosphere

Reviewed by lisadunn40 Review Date: 01/14/2015

Our first night in (Dec 13) was spent in Downtown Disney. We were planning on trying out the new food trucks for dinner but on our way to that side of Downtown Disney we heard live entertainment coming from Raglan Road. We had eaten there years ago when they first opened and thought the food was good but nothing special. But we were hungry and the music was good, so we decided to give it another try. We were seated outdoors within minutes right in front of the performers. They were wonderful but the music was a little loud that close. We ordered some adult beverages and our food. We ate the Raglan Risotto which was fabulous, Shepherds Pie which was the best we ever had, Bangers and Booz which was delicious and the Fish and Chips which was actually our least favorite but tasty. We all had to try each others food because it was really that good. It really was a great surprise to come back after all of those years and see how much they have improved their menu and the dining experience. Our server was very attentive as well. It was a great start to a great vacation!

Pros:

great food, entertainment, outdoor seating

Cons:

music can be a little loud depending on where you sit

Reviewed by debsil4 Review Date: 02/13/2014

I was happy to finally eat at this restaurant and it was worth the wait. I came here with 2 friends and we all throughly enjoyed the whole experience. We arrived with no ADRs and decided to wait for a table on the outdoor patio instead of 45 minutes for an inside table. It was a cool night but was nice and cozy with all the gas heaters. Our server, Danielle, was so wonderful. She patiently answered our many questions and gave us her recommendations when asked. When there was a problem with our appetizer, the manager actually came over to apologize even though we made no fuss about it. We had the chowder, bangers & mash, and the beef with mashed potatoes and fried parsnips. All were very good. The Irish trio playing was very entertaining and engaged their audience.

Pros:

Food and service were wonderful

Reviewed by beaner1219 Review Date: 01/07/2014

Seated quickly, good service, had fish and chips, which were great.

Pros:

Good dining experience

Reviewed by ADisneyGinger Review Date: 05/02/2013

DH and I ate here on April 25, with a 7 pm reservation. We loved the entertainment and atmosphere - the band was incredible, and the dancing was fun to watch. We sang along with songs whenever we were invited/instructed to do so, and had a great time. Bread service comes with a Guiness reduction, which was so good, I looked up the recipe and made it at home the first day we got back from our trip. I think we cleaned up the whole portion that we were given. I had fish and chips, which were pretty normal (although the fish kept falling out of its breading), and DH had the heavenly ham, which was a giant portion, and really did taste quite heavenly. I had a few bites, and would whole-heartedly recommend it. It comes with two sauces on the plate - the sweet raisin sauce is a bit jarring with the ham (and I usually love sweet things), but the cheesy sauce is to die for. For dessert, we ordered the bread pudding. The couple next to us had a different server and were given bread pudding for free to celebrate their anniversary. We were also celebrating our anniversary (and had on our buttons), but our server still charged us for the dessert. A little disappointing because of the inconsistency, but the bread pudding was spectacular. One of the best desserts of the trip.

Pros:

Entertainment, Bread Pudding, Guiness Reduction

Cons:

Service

Reviewed by maze4 Review Date: 03/31/2013

This was a last minute ressie upon the request of my DH for his birthday. It was our last day and wasn't sure of our plans. My mother had joined us on this trip and is a snowbird so she met us in Disney. She was being picked up that day and had friends meet us there for lunch on 3/23. The resort bus dropped us off at the Marketplace not realizing that Raglan Road was on the other side. My mother had rented a scooter for this trip but didn't think she would need one for downtown. We were wrong. This is one place we don't visit, we like the parks. We trekked across Downtown taking 15 minutes with all the slow moving walkers. We just made our ressies. We were seated immediately. The place was empty. We were on the dining plan and had credits left which was nice.

I made sure to note that it was my DH birthday. We told our waitress that we had to make sure to make it back to our resort to catch magical express and she told us about the bus pick up right outside Raglan Road. She said not everyone knows about this stop. I wish we did earlier.

We ordered appetizers which we knew we had to pay for. My DS20 ordered the ribs and DS14 ordered the wings. Both were delicious and large portions. My mother had the soup of the day which was potato, ham, and cabbage. She loved it. We were a party of 9. Mostly had hamburgers, and chicken sandwiches. Everything was good. My only complaint was it took over an hour to get our food. Again we were the only ones in the restaurant. The waitress kept refilling our drinks and our conversation was lively. My DD4 feel asleep and missed her food.

The waitress acknowledged my DH birthday by giving him a cupcake with a candle in it He didn't eat it since he ordered the lemon dessert which was like a lemon tart ok. I had the bread pudding with two types of sauces: vanilla and Guiness. It was huge, hot, and heaven. Too much to eat though and felt like I wasted it but was nice to try.

We all decided that even though it took forever to get our food we would try this again but would like to come for dinner so that we can see the entertainment.

Pros:

Irish food, atmosphere

Cons:

location at downtown Disney

Reviewed by lcavese Review Date: 01/17/2013

My family stumbled upon this restaurant a few years ago when Le Celier was full and we decided to try something out of our comfort zone. The reservations specialist recommended Raglan Road, and we all loved it. In November, my mom and I were at Disney celebrating my birthday, and our first reservation and stop of the trip was at RR. Our food was excellent, and at the end, our waitress brought us a Bread Pudding for my birthday treat! I had never tasted Bread Pudding before and am very picky, but this was AMAZING! HIGHLY recommend to everyone!

Reviewed by recmouse Review Date: 01/17/2013

We were a party of 7 and had made reservations. When we checked in, we got our pager and it went off within 10 minutes and we were seated. We weren't in the main dining room by the stage, which bummed us out at first, we were in a side room. We could still hear the band quite well and then the step-dancers came into our room several times. It ended up being great because it wasn't too loud but still entertaining. Our waiter was great! Didn't rush us and was very informative and attentive. He also made sure our drinks didn't go empty!

We started with the appetizer sampler platter which had wings, ribs, bangers, scallops and maybe something else and some dipping sauces. We got two of them for the table and it was plenty. The presentation was great too!

For dinner I had the "It's Not Bleedin' Chowder" except I asked them to not put mussels in mine and add extra scallops and/or shrimp instead. They did it and it was fantastic. My husband got his with the mussels and he enjoyed his as well. Our friend got the Shepherds Pie, which he liked, but the portion wasn't enough for him. Another got the braised beef that he said was ok. Two friends got burgers and LOVED them!

We saved some room for dessert and you should too! Get the bread pudding - wow! I've never been a fan of bread pudding but this is fantastic! We also got the strawberry and apple crumble, and a lemon curd tart... both good.

We just had a really good time and we all said we would definitely go back!

Pros:

Food and fun!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

December 2017 I found myself without dinner plans so I headed to Raglan Road and grabbed a seat at the bar.

Wasn't sure that anything sounded good, but bartendess recommended what is now at the top of my favorite Disney Meals list.
Cider Salmon - pan roasted north Atlantic salmon, golden potatoes, sauteed spinach & charred lemon with a strawberry & lime cider glaze $29
Wowza.
Heading back the end of October and will be going back to have it again!

Pros:

Great staff, nice entertainment and surprisingly great food.

Cons:

Can get very noisy and crowded.

Reviewed by Dsnyaddct19 Review Date: 08/14/2018

The greatest experience the entire week! We arrived ten minutes early and were seated exactly at our res time. Alexander was our waiter and he was awesome! Very attentive and knowledgeable. He gave us recommendations and we decided to take them. We were NOT disappointed. We had the Dalkey Duo and kiss before shrimp for appetizers. Both Delish. The shrimp was garlicky and had a kick to it, so skip it if you don't like spice. The Dalkey Duo were battered sausages with a tasty dipping sauce. SO GOOD. For Dinner we both had the Braised beef with mash and seasonal veggies. Melted in your mouth! For dessert, the bread pudding. again, out of this world. There isn't a single this I can say that is negative. Excellent from start to finish. Can't wait to go back!

Pros:

Food, Service, Entertainment