Reviews of Port Orleans French Quarter (Moderate Resort)

A Disney Moderate Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_po.htm

Reviewed by PolynesianStitch Review Date: 06/17/2018

Excellent room, newly renovated, excellent mattresses, immaculate housekeeping.
Liked that there is only one bus stop and it is conveniently situated. Also appreciated short distances between, lobby, food court, bus stop, pool, and rooms. Very quiet. Nice décor. Highly recommend

Pros:

newly rennovated room, superb housekeeping

Reviewed by ruthann Review Date: 03/15/2018

My husband and I stayed at POFQ for the first time from 2/27/18 to 3/3/18. We usually stay at POR, but wanted to try a smaller resort due to our mobility issues.
When we arrived, the front desk CM was very helpful and friendly. We found that all the CM's at FQ were friendly.
We got a newly refurbished room in bldg. 2 and it was very nice. Loved the laminate flooring, new bigger tv, pedestal beds, everything about it. There were nice subtle French quarter touches but nothing garish. I didn't think I would like the refurbs, but it was beautiful.
The food court is small but has a wide range of selections and there were plenty of places to sit and eat. We preferred eating outside at a table.
The bus stop was fine. Early in the AM it is crowded, as is expected. Our longest wait was 20 minutes, most were 10 min.
We loved the ambience of fFQ from the cobblestone "streets" to the courtyards and fountains. We have found our new home at WDW and will be back.

Pros:

Beautiful grounds, compact resort

Reviewed by mbelerique19 Review Date: 10/10/2017

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon and absolutely loved it. This will be our favorite moderate resort every time. The gift shop features authentic Southern flare and the food doesn't disappoint either. There is no need to pay for a preferred room here since the layout is more compact. I would say it is definitely a more mature resort than others. Everything about this resort is perfect! We made two trips back here on our most recent visit just because we loved the hotel so much!

Pros:

Beautiful lobby, great rooms, fabulous theming

Cons:

NONE

Reviewed by disneydiner Review Date: 09/02/2017

French Quarter is my favorite WDW resort. An unexpected visit in mid-August to celebrate my birthday was a gift from my sister. She knows how much I love this resort. I sometimes travel alone and have always felt safe and secure here, The resort is small and compact compared to others and the staff is always friendly. I have been disappointed my last few trips that I have been unable to book a room here with a passholder
discount. FQ is always my first choice. I love the
boat service to Disney Springs. Come on Mickey, open up some rooms to passholders!

Pros:

My favorite Disney resort!

Cons:

never passholder discounts

Reviewed by mandaep Review Date: 05/28/2017

This is our 3rd stay here, 2nd with our children. Paid for the garden view hoping to get a close building but I knew it wasn't guaranteed. Received a text that we were placed in a building 7 garden view room. I was hoping we wouldn't be that far away! (I placed preferences for particular closer buildings). We called from the airport asking for a closer room just to take a chance, and they were so friendly. They placed us in building #2, which was so much closer. This is a small resort, yes, and the buildings are all very reasonably located but we love being close to the food court. The next time we will pay for the pool view.

The grounds are always so quiet and I feel at home here. You frequently see the horse making rounds in the evening with the carriage. I got to visit the original french quarter in NOLA this year and I have to say I LOVE the architecture at POFQ. It really did feel like the original, I especially love the horse head hitching posts.

The pool is nice. I have two small kids who are still learning to swim and we use the life jackets that are provided every time. ** I wish they had more extra or small vests available because I'd say 50% of the time we had to search for one that was not being used. The lifeguards are diligent and I am always impressed with their attention.

I hate to hear that some people don't like the busses because the last two trips we have been here we have had an exceptional experience with them (the first time was 2009 and it wasn't so great, long waits and drives to riverside).
There is only 1 bus stop but its never really bad. We leave in the morning at "busy times" too. I would say 90% of the time we waited less than 10 minutes. In the morning when it is busier, there is a cast member assisting with lines. One time we waited maybe 20 minutes for a bus and they gave us a fast pass for whatever we wanted (except froze of course) at epcot. I couldn't have asked for better service.

The food court, I miss the floats! I was excited about the renovation and I was okay with letting them go. I loved the decorations above BUT I felt like the fluer de lis that were spray painted on the floors made the floor look dirty especially near the garbage cans. I liked the nicer dishes used, and the fact that they are cutting down on waste by having them returned and washed. And there is a section for food to be composted. The mickey waffles were always soft and fresh. The section for the french toast and oatmeal, I just couldn't believe that there was only one person operation that section because there are a lot of duties involved with making the baguette french toast, etc. I think it would be better for the employee that does that section to have a little extra help.

The bus to disney springs and POR were very frequent.. my daughter and I rode to POR to check it out because I haven't been to it before. Very close and quick!

We will be back next year. I can't imagine staying anywhere else, even over the deluxes.

Pros:

small size, 1 bus stop, beautiful grounds, boat to POR and disney springs, fun pool

Cons:

food court design, need more staff at stations in morning

Reviewed by Jchuges7 Review Date: 05/19/2017

We LOVED our experience at POFQ. We were in room 4130 which was 4 doors down from the food court. This made getting drinks from the Coke Freestyle machines very easy. Despite being so close to the food court and main buildings our room was extremely quiet. We also loved being very close to the bus stop which made our tired legs happy at the end of a long day at the parks. Mousekeeping was great. Short walk to POR provided great views of the river as we went to see Yee-Haw Bob's show. We would highly recommend POFQ to anyone.

Pros:

Theming, small size, atmosphere

Reviewed by Deaova Review Date: 05/17/2017

This is my 2nd stay at this resort and was not disappointed. Even though it was more crowded than my 1st time it didn't seem that way. After a hectic day at the parks it was a pleasure to return for a little downtime. Busses were plentiful and boat ride to Disney Springs was a great way to unwind. Any issues we had were nicely addressed by the staff. I will certainly be returning.

Pros:

Relaxing atmosphere ; beautiful grounds; clean rooms and great staff

Reviewed by Meyer4 Review Date: 04/25/2017

This is my wife's fav. We like to take the boat to Disney Springs. The bus service is very slow here. The resort is a great little gem. Hope it stays that way. Try to get room with water view.

Pros:

Quiet little place

Cons:

Bus service

Reviewed by alerner3410 Review Date: 02/16/2017

Its a great place for the rooms and sides I have been to three different hotels the French Quarter is my favorite the slide its a dragon slide its in the top five best resorts in Disney.

Pros:

rooms are nice great silde

Reviewed by Deaova Review Date: 11/15/2016

First time here. Stayed 1st week of November. Very quiet , rooms clean, general ambiance delightful . Enjoyed taking boat to Disney Springs , also buses stopped at this resort first so always room. Would definitely stay here again.

Pros:

Beautiful grounds ,boat and buses, ambiance, quiet, relaxing atmosphere