Reviews of Port Orleans French Quarter (Moderate Resort)

A Disney Moderate Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_po.htm

Reviewed by Tink68 Review Date: 09/28/2018

My family and I love everything about this resort. The friendly staff, carriage rides, boat rides to Disney Springs, everything was perfect!

Pros:

Friendly and very helpful staff Beautiful scenery

Reviewed by Lauren kilpatrick Review Date: 09/27/2018

Probably my favorute resort to stay at. Great atmosphere and small and quaint. grest food options and a boat to disney springs

Pros:

Boat to disney springs

Cons:

Never included on dining plan

Reviewed by TLynch Review Date: 09/26/2018

My favorite resort.

Pros:

Smaller, rooms closer to bus transportation, great staff, boat available to Disney Springs.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

This is the second time we stayed in French Quarter. I love this Resort. It is small enough to get around very easily. We had our grandchildren with us - their first Disney trip - and they still ask when we can go back to the French Quarter. The staff was wonderful with the kids. We had newly refurbished rooms in building 4 - garden view. Lovely. The food court is close by and so is the pool. We walked to Riverside one night - so close.

Pros:

Small resort. Personable cast members. Just a lovely feel to the whole Resort.

Reviewed by Hayls Review Date: 09/26/2018

quiet and clean resort.

Pros:

the slide at the pool!

Cons:

it is not as decorated as some of the other resorts.

Reviewed by Stacy H Review Date: 09/26/2018

This is a great resort. It is small, so no matter which building you are in, getting to the food court, main pool, and bus stop is pretty convenient. Food court is very good and the resort provides water taxi transportation to Disney Springs, so that is a plus for a moderate resort price.

Pros:

Small resort which makes it easy to get to the food court, main pool, bus stop, and boat taxi.

Cons:

I guess the only con I can come up with is they only have one bus stop for the resort, but we found it to be more than adequate for us to get to and from the parks and our wait was never more than 20 minutes.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

We have been coming to Orlando for the last ten years from the UK. We stopped off site for the first few years but since then have stopped on property which we absolutely love. This was our first stay in a moderate our previous vacations being at Old Key West and Saratoga Springs. We had heard some great things about French Quarter and we were not disappointed. Such a compact but homely resort with great New Orleans theming throughout. We had a pool view room which was perfect for myself and my husband. We used the buses as we did not hire a car and on the whole it was fine if very busy at times with just the two bus stops. Buses did occasionally go into riverside but mainly on an evening. The quick service restaurant is really good with all sorts of delicious things on offer including their famous beignets. The pool is fabulous and the area is very relaxing. The washing machines are numerous and although you have to pay for them (which you don't at Old Key West and Saratoga Springs) it is easy to pay by debit card. The boat to disney springs is a real bonus and we really enjoyed using it on many occasions. We enjoyed our holiday so much we are staying there again in a couple of weeks' time and would highly recommend it to anyone on a budget that doesn't want to splash out on the deluxe resorts but wants something a bit more than the value resorts

Pros:

Quick service restaurant, compact site, water taxi

Reviewed by citcatt1 Review Date: 09/26/2018

A coworker moved to Orlando so Labor day weekend me and two of her former co-workers headed to Disney world to visit. POFQ was the perfect place! The hotel was beautiful, we stayed in building 2 Riverview and it was close to everything! We we're steps away from the pool a short walk to the restaurant and store and the boat to Disney Springs was right outside our door! POFQ has an indoor bar and there was a live band one of the nights we were there. The pool was warm yet refreshing with plenty of loungers and towels. The food was good with a lot of different selections. This was the first time I've used the barcoded soda cup and you can refill it! ( Twice I think) We had a great long weekend with lots of laughs!

Pros:

Close to Disney Springs

Cons:

No sit down restaurant

Reviewed by jude1114 Review Date: 09/17/2018

I think the lizards were sneaking into the arcade to play Frogger!! It was such an exciting experience walking around POFQ and seeing all the lizards dashing around! They definitely rule the roost. Then the black snake on our path on departure was classic. We are military and my husband (he's still active 26+ years) and I were together (in the army) in the Mojave Desert 23 years ago on a training mission when he came upon a rattle snake and stopped dead in his tracks...same here....we had to re-route...Now, for my review...WE LOVE POFQ!! We are already planning our next vacation with our daughter and her twins. Our room was not large, but very comfortable. Bed was awesome, love the new wood flooring, Large tv, and the best thing, we had a bit of pixie dust sprinkled...we had a garden room booked, and we got the end room, building 1, room 1233, two windows, so we got a garden view AND a river view! Cast Members were fabulous, Nate the Bartender was awesome, he always remembered us (well we were there 11 days), Myong, I believe her name is, we met her in the Laundry room, she was so fun to talk to and helped keep the very clean, well maintained facility tip top. Please forward those two a Disney thank you for wonderful service. I also want to praise the bartenders at the pool bar, unfortunately I do not recall their names, but, nonetheless, they were great! Fabulous drinks! MouseKeeping was great, always a fresh room to come back to. The ladies in the gift shop were always wonderful and pleasant. The Door Man opened the front doors with a swoop of his hand. LOL
We had a fantastic stay, cannot wait to bring our grand-daughters back with us and play in the kiddy water park. Our only negative was the food in the food court. The Beignets were very good, however the other fare was not so good. We are from California, so maybe southern food isn't for us, but the eggs were the liquid ones, biscuits were too dense and the gravy, tasteless. Bacon and sausage were ok. Whole wheat Croissants are kind of an oxymoron. Too tough. No HARD BOILED EGGS!?!? Strange. Overall, we had a wonderful 11 days at POFQ and as I said, cannot wait to return!

Pros:

smaller resort

Cons:

food

Reviewed by PolynesianStitch Review Date: 06/17/2018

Excellent room, newly renovated, excellent mattresses, immaculate housekeeping.
Liked that there is only one bus stop and it is conveniently situated. Also appreciated short distances between, lobby, food court, bus stop, pool, and rooms. Very quiet. Nice décor. Highly recommend

Pros:

newly rennovated room, superb housekeeping