Reviews of Port Orleans French Quarter (Moderate Resort)

A Disney Moderate Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_po.htm

Reviewer: tink Review Date: 03/21/2018

Stayed the end on January. Stayed in a garden view room in building 4 which is near the food court and bus stop. the room was clean and quiet. The food court had a good variety of food. Most food stations opened at 7 but the bakery opened earlier. I liked walking along the river and being able to take a boat to Disney Springs. I also liked being able to walk to Riverside next door. It was nice seeing the carriage rides come though the resort. The bus service was good. The buses ran every 20 minutes . One morning not everyone got on the bus to MK the next one was coming in 15 min. The buses went straight to the parks.

Pros:

theme, river, boat ride to Disney Springs

Reviewer: ruthann Review Date: 03/15/2018

My husband and I stayed at POFQ for the first time from 2/27/18 to 3/3/18. We usually stay at POR, but wanted to try a smaller resort due to our mobility issues.
When we arrived, the front desk CM was very helpful and friendly. We found that all the CM's at FQ were friendly.
We got a newly refurbished room in bldg. 2 and it was very nice. Loved the laminate flooring, new bigger tv, pedestal beds, everything about it. There were nice subtle French quarter touches but nothing garish. I didn't think I would like the refurbs, but it was beautiful.
The food court is small but has a wide range of selections and there were plenty of places to sit and eat. We preferred eating outside at a table.
The bus stop was fine. Early in the AM it is crowded, as is expected. Our longest wait was 20 minutes, most were 10 min.
We loved the ambience of fFQ from the cobblestone "streets" to the courtyards and fountains. We have found our new home at WDW and will be back.

Pros:

Beautiful grounds, compact resort

Reviewer: HOBBES Review Date: 11/23/2017

Before I start, let me say POFQ is far and away our favourite resort. This is our 3rd stay and we wouldn't stay anywhere else now BUT...
Our room absolutley stank of sweaty feet-and not ours! It was noticeable from the moment we opened the door on arrival and was still noticeable 2 weeks later when we left. I understand the planned refurb is doing away with carpets and this must be the reason why!
The beds both sagged-one had a definite slant to the left and one to the right! It rteally felt like the springs had gone.
Bus service was erratic. Why on earth POFQ has to share AK buses at all times of the day with POR is anyone's guess. One day we left our room at 5pm for a fastpass at AK which expired at 6.10. No bus arrived until 5.30 and it then took nearly 20 minutes to go round POR, so we did not even arrive at AK until 6.05. Needless to say we missed our Fastpass (didn't help that the CMs had roped off the pathway to EE for ROL standby!) Even at park closing the AK bus was picking up for both resorts, so you had a packed bus, only half of whom were getting off at FQ, trying to climb over people standing on the bus-very poor. (AK was the only park that ever seemd to share a bus but it was ALL the time!)
We were offered cash if we turned down Mousekeeping but I like having someone else make my bed for me so we refused-plus it keeps jobs open for them. Mousekeeping did a good job and common areas of the resort-food court, pool, etc was alway clean.
I feel guilty moaning about POFQ but the rooms are looking tired currently

Pros:

Small

Cons:

Food court, buses

Reviewer: Dizwiz328 Review Date: 11/19/2017

First time stay at POR- FQ - Week of 11/13 - 11/18 2017
We loved this place. We have stayed at several other Disney Resorts over the many years that we have been going to WDW. The compact size of POR - FQ made it easy to get to all this resort has to offer. The pool area was fun and my granddaughter (12) was very impressed. The food court can get very busy at times but for the most part was manageable. Never waited more than 10 min for any bus or boat. Every cast member we met was friendly, helpful and very easy to talk to.
Housekeeping was very poor. Our room was never really cleaned up to the standards we have come to expect from Disney. Items like tissues and toiletries were not replenished.

Pros:

Size,Pool,Food Court, Transportation, and Cast Members

Cons:

House Keeping

Reviewer: mbelerique19 Review Date: 10/10/2017

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon and absolutely loved it. This will be our favorite moderate resort every time. The gift shop features authentic Southern flare and the food doesn't disappoint either. There is no need to pay for a preferred room here since the layout is more compact. I would say it is definitely a more mature resort than others. Everything about this resort is perfect! We made two trips back here on our most recent visit just because we loved the hotel so much!

Pros:

Beautiful lobby, great rooms, fabulous theming

Cons:

NONE

Reviewer: disneydiner Review Date: 09/02/2017

French Quarter is my favorite WDW resort. An unexpected visit in mid-August to celebrate my birthday was a gift from my sister. She knows how much I love this resort. I sometimes travel alone and have always felt safe and secure here, The resort is small and compact compared to others and the staff is always friendly. I have been disappointed my last few trips that I have been unable to book a room here with a passholder
discount. FQ is always my first choice. I love the
boat service to Disney Springs. Come on Mickey, open up some rooms to passholders!

Pros:

My favorite Disney resort!

Cons:

never passholder discounts

Reviewer: minniemouse50 Review Date: 07/20/2017

Stayed at this hotel from July 1st to the 9th. This is a great hotel because no matter which building you are in you are close to the lobby and food. I found our room to be clean and neat everyday. Loved that you could take a boat to Disney Springs. We will definitely stay here again

Pros:

Location and cleanliness

Reviewer: mandaep Review Date: 05/28/2017

This is our 3rd stay here, 2nd with our children. Paid for the garden view hoping to get a close building but I knew it wasn't guaranteed. Received a text that we were placed in a building 7 garden view room. I was hoping we wouldn't be that far away! (I placed preferences for particular closer buildings). We called from the airport asking for a closer room just to take a chance, and they were so friendly. They placed us in building #2, which was so much closer. This is a small resort, yes, and the buildings are all very reasonably located but we love being close to the food court. The next time we will pay for the pool view.

The grounds are always so quiet and I feel at home here. You frequently see the horse making rounds in the evening with the carriage. I got to visit the original french quarter in NOLA this year and I have to say I LOVE the architecture at POFQ. It really did feel like the original, I especially love the horse head hitching posts.

The pool is nice. I have two small kids who are still learning to swim and we use the life jackets that are provided every time. ** I wish they had more extra or small vests available because I'd say 50% of the time we had to search for one that was not being used. The lifeguards are diligent and I am always impressed with their attention.

I hate to hear that some people don't like the busses because the last two trips we have been here we have had an exceptional experience with them (the first time was 2009 and it wasn't so great, long waits and drives to riverside).
There is only 1 bus stop but its never really bad. We leave in the morning at "busy times" too. I would say 90% of the time we waited less than 10 minutes. In the morning when it is busier, there is a cast member assisting with lines. One time we waited maybe 20 minutes for a bus and they gave us a fast pass for whatever we wanted (except froze of course) at epcot. I couldn't have asked for better service.

The food court, I miss the floats! I was excited about the renovation and I was okay with letting them go. I loved the decorations above BUT I felt like the fluer de lis that were spray painted on the floors made the floor look dirty especially near the garbage cans. I liked the nicer dishes used, and the fact that they are cutting down on waste by having them returned and washed. And there is a section for food to be composted. The mickey waffles were always soft and fresh. The section for the french toast and oatmeal, I just couldn't believe that there was only one person operation that section because there are a lot of duties involved with making the baguette french toast, etc. I think it would be better for the employee that does that section to have a little extra help.

The bus to disney springs and POR were very frequent.. my daughter and I rode to POR to check it out because I haven't been to it before. Very close and quick!

We will be back next year. I can't imagine staying anywhere else, even over the deluxes.

Pros:

small size, 1 bus stop, beautiful grounds, boat to POR and disney springs, fun pool

Cons:

food court design, need more staff at stations in morning

Reviewer: Jchuges7 Review Date: 05/19/2017

We LOVED our experience at POFQ. We were in room 4130 which was 4 doors down from the food court. This made getting drinks from the Coke Freestyle machines very easy. Despite being so close to the food court and main buildings our room was extremely quiet. We also loved being very close to the bus stop which made our tired legs happy at the end of a long day at the parks. Mousekeeping was great. Short walk to POR provided great views of the river as we went to see Yee-Haw Bob's show. We would highly recommend POFQ to anyone.

Pros:

Theming, small size, atmosphere

Reviewer: Deaova Review Date: 05/17/2017

This is my 2nd stay at this resort and was not disappointed. Even though it was more crowded than my 1st time it didn't seem that way. After a hectic day at the parks it was a pleasure to return for a little downtime. Busses were plentiful and boat ride to Disney Springs was a great way to unwind. Any issues we had were nicely addressed by the staff. I will certainly be returning.

Pros:

Relaxing atmosphere ; beautiful grounds; clean rooms and great staff