Reviews of Port Orleans French Quarter (Moderate Resort)

A Disney Moderate Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_po.htm

Reviewed by jogirlmyrick Review Date: 01/26/2019

This is our favorite resort. We love staying here because the size and no room is too far from the front of the resort.

Pros:

It’s a lot more quiet. Love we can boat to Disney Springs.

Cons:

Can’t think of any.

Reviewed by tiffynicole1984 Review Date: 12/29/2018

I visited from late Sunday night December 2nd and left the morning of Saturday December 8th. I traveled with my boyfriend and we stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter. POFQ was great – my only minor complaints are #1 I wish the hotel pools/Jacuzzi would stay open later because by the time you come “home” from the parks they’re closed and #2 there was a cast member named Bero who used a dirty pen to remove the stickers from the tops of our reusable resort mugs. People drink out of these mugs and cast members should not be picking at the tops of them with pens! Other than that our experience was pleasant at POFQ. The older gentleman cast member who drove the boat back from Disney Springs one evening was very delightful and was singing songs. “Mousekeeping” keep the room tidy and I gave them a ponytail with a Disney bow on it each day inside a hand-written Disney princess thank-you card. I wish they would have done something “special” in return but they didn’t – I guess you don’t do towel animals anymore? The remodeled rooms are nice. The smaller close-up mirror in the bathroom area is appreciated. I just wish there was room between the toilets and showers to actually turn on the water before you get into the shower. I’m not a large person and I like turning on the water before I get in to make sure it’s the right temperature – and that was a challenge trying to do so. The door covering the refrigerator was already broken as it didn’t close all the way. We stayed in building three on the first floor.

Pros:

Smallest resort on Disney property, decent food court, boat to Disney Springs, nice rooms, "mousekeeping" good but no towel animals

Cons:

No room between toilet and shower to turn on water before stepping inside, cast member Bero used a pen to remove the stickers on our refillable mugs

Reviewed by Quiltinlady Review Date: 12/28/2018

We recently had the luxury of staying at the French Quarter for 7 nights. I loved the newly renovated rooms. Love the décor. The rooms seem to be more sound proof than they used to be. The new floors are fantastic. They are so much better than carpeting and still feel sort of soft and comfy. The beds are elevated so that you no longer have to worry about what was left under there by the prior occupant. The mattress was so comfy - it was tempting to spend more time there when we had an early FP+. However - we opted for the option of not having daily room service. We assumed that they would still come in and clean after 3 days - WRONG. Unless you gather your trash and towels and go out and find a cleaning person to exchange these, they will not come to your room. NEVER AGAIN. I do not think it is worth it not to have ANY room cleaning. I missed seeing the bed nicely made and seeing the fresh towels appear in the room. AND I felt horribly guilty that I was putting someone out of a job. The Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory was clean, and the food choices varied and delicious. The grounds around the resort are immaculate. This remains my favorite resort.

Pros:

Manageable size, Really friendly staff - ALL of them! They make you feel special.

Cons:

Do not opt for the gift card for not having your room serviced. Other than that there are NO cons.

Reviewed by ruthann Review Date: 12/21/2018

We just got back from a 10 day trip to POFQ on Dec. 19th. The resort was beautiful with Christmas decorations. The room was clean and kept cleaned each day. The CM's were very helpful. Food court was very good with good selection. No complaints. Love this resort, as it is easier to get around with our mobility issues.

Pros:

all of the above

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/17/2018

Just returned from our 25th or more stay at this resort. Its our favorite by far. Grounds well kept, mousekeeping was great. Only disapointment was the new mickey shaped beignets. The origional was puffed and hollow on the inside. The new ones are more like a donut. No where near as good as the origional. I Always looked forward to having my coffee and beignets in the morning. Im so disapointed. If i wanted a donut I would get a donut. Please change them back to the origional

Pros:

Size

Cons:

None. Its a perfect resort

Reviewed by survivoramy Review Date: 10/01/2018

Looking for a resort that isn't a ton of walking to get around? Then FQ is perfect for you! We love it here and have stayed twice. Ironically both times we were in the same building, same floor, just a few doors (and years) apart. We love that the boat is convenient to Disney Springs and the bus it also very convenient. Their is one issue with the boat launch area and that is for those with scooters/wheelchairs/strollers. The exit it up some stairs. So those on wheels must literally walk against the line of people waiting to load because the lineup area is on the ramp. When my oldest was in a wheelchair post surgery we hated having to get everyone to step aside to be able to get her back to resort. The New Orleans theming is great here. We love the food court - the beignets are always ordered. They even have a run advertised where you get beignets at the end.

Pros:

Compact resort, very well kept, love the boat to Disney Springs

Cons:

Boat launch exit for those with "wheels"

Reviewed by jbald Review Date: 09/30/2018

Love this resort. Will be going back for our 4th stay.

Pros:

size and the grounds are beautiful

Cons:

none!

Reviewed by Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

our favorite resort so far

Pros:

love the resort, love that is a small resort, good food, pool is awesome, love the pool slide and boat ride to Disney springs is awesome.

Reviewed by diznynut Review Date: 09/29/2018

We have stayed here a total of 2 times in the past 2 years. It has become our family favorite resort. We booked 2 connecting rooms each time and were given a 1st floor corner room in front of the boat launch. It was a wonderful quiet resort. We liked how the resort was small. We also loved the food. We also took a horse carriage ride which was a special treat.

Pros:

quiet, small, nicely themed, loved the waterslide

Reviewed by Arlene Review Date: 09/28/2018

We have stayed at French Quarter three times. It is our very favorite resort. This is a small resort with just one lovely pool. Every building is close to the food court and the bus stop. Yes, there is only one bus stop, but we have never had a problem getting on a bus. We enjoy having a drink at the Scat Cat club after a long day at the parks. The beingets served at the food court are amazing! You can take a boat to Disney Springs. French Quarter has a very relaxing atmosphere.

Pros:

Short walk to your room, the food court and the bus stop.