Reviews of Port Orleans French Quarter (Moderate Resort)

A Disney Moderate Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_po.htm

Reviewer: carsmom Review Date: 12/07/2016

My family stayed at POFQ at the end of November. I have stayed at value, moderates and deluxe levels. This was the first time at French Quarter and my last. The rooms are in sad need of repair. Furniture is old and worn. Rooms are outdated. We arrived the evening of the re-opening of the food court. What a disappointment. It is small with very limited choices. I kept wishing we were at Pop Century over this place. The Front Desk staff was not helpful and disinterested. The boat to Disney Springs was great but the boat captain was rude and hateful. We had to wait over 45 minutes for a bus to Epcot one morning. The line stretched all the way to the main building. The trip itself was great but the resort was not. Will not be returning.

Pros:

quiet, clean

Cons:

rooms, food court, bus service

Reviewer: fluffy30 Review Date: 03/29/2016

Was looking forward to our three night stay here (Mar 19-22) following a week at Saratoga Springs but was sadly disappointed. We stayed in building 7 which was the furthest from the lobby, pool, food court and bus stop, but it was still only a 5-7 min. walk to the main areas.
Liked the small size and the room was fine although the bathroom is very compact. Parking was close to each of the buildings. That's about it for pros to this resort. The food was terrible both at breakfast and the one dinner we had. Service was so slow and ordering chaotic. Had to go to different windows to order food then get a pager from each one and pay at the cashier. Our sandwiches got cold while waiting 10 min. for our kids burgers. The drink refill area was dirty and the straw dispenser just filthy. The pool area was very crowded and the kids found the slide too small. They did enjoy the water play area. I thought the children's activity leaders to be a bit snippy with the kids and the greeter at the door to the lobby was rude. He actually scolded my six year old for asking for a plastic coin. He seemed much more interested in engaging with the adult guests. This was the 15th Disney resort we have stayed at (I'm trying to get to them all) and my least favourite so far. We did go over to Riverside and enjoyed pizza for lunch one day and checked out the pool. We may try there next time. I think French Quarter may be better suited to couples and adults but for families it really misses the mark.

Pros:

Small resort. parking

Cons:

Food court, staff

Reviewer: Cheyru Review Date: 12/14/2015

A Motel 6 range hotel. The hotel is old and it shows. The walls were dirty and needed cleaning with soap and white vinegar. TV remote did not work, they dropped off batteries the first night, did not work, second night dropped off remote but did not come it to try to see if it worked. Finally gave up and went to bed. Last morning figured out you have to point remote at right corner to get it to work. Over all musty old smell. Elevators only one per building, had to walk to back and then front again if room was on the other end. Old also. Nothing special about the room for the price you pay. They lost my scooter and I had to wait until it just appeared in front as if by magic. With other problems in the park, regarding scooter use and other issues will never visit Disney again unless someone else pays for everything and that might make up for the money ill spent.

Pros:

Pool, VIP service for unscented bedding.

Cons:

Room Dirty, broken TV, customer service attitude. elevators

Reviewer: jogirlmyrick Review Date: 01/26/2019

This is our favorite resort. We love staying here because the size and no room is too far from the front of the resort.

Pros:

It’s a lot more quiet. Love we can boat to Disney Springs.

Cons:

Can’t think of any.

Reviewer: tiffynicole1984 Review Date: 12/29/2018

I visited from late Sunday night December 2nd and left the morning of Saturday December 8th. I traveled with my boyfriend and we stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter. POFQ was great – my only minor complaints are #1 I wish the hotel pools/Jacuzzi would stay open later because by the time you come “home” from the parks they’re closed and #2 there was a cast member named Bero who used a dirty pen to remove the stickers from the tops of our reusable resort mugs. People drink out of these mugs and cast members should not be picking at the tops of them with pens! Other than that our experience was pleasant at POFQ. The older gentleman cast member who drove the boat back from Disney Springs one evening was very delightful and was singing songs. “Mousekeeping” keep the room tidy and I gave them a ponytail with a Disney bow on it each day inside a hand-written Disney princess thank-you card. I wish they would have done something “special” in return but they didn’t – I guess you don’t do towel animals anymore? The remodeled rooms are nice. The smaller close-up mirror in the bathroom area is appreciated. I just wish there was room between the toilets and showers to actually turn on the water before you get into the shower. I’m not a large person and I like turning on the water before I get in to make sure it’s the right temperature – and that was a challenge trying to do so. The door covering the refrigerator was already broken as it didn’t close all the way. We stayed in building three on the first floor.

Pros:

Smallest resort on Disney property, decent food court, boat to Disney Springs, nice rooms, "mousekeeping" good but no towel animals

Cons:

No room between toilet and shower to turn on water before stepping inside, cast member Bero used a pen to remove the stickers on our refillable mugs

Reviewer: Quiltinlady Review Date: 12/28/2018

We recently had the luxury of staying at the French Quarter for 7 nights. I loved the newly renovated rooms. Love the décor. The rooms seem to be more sound proof than they used to be. The new floors are fantastic. They are so much better than carpeting and still feel sort of soft and comfy. The beds are elevated so that you no longer have to worry about what was left under there by the prior occupant. The mattress was so comfy - it was tempting to spend more time there when we had an early FP+. However - we opted for the option of not having daily room service. We assumed that they would still come in and clean after 3 days - WRONG. Unless you gather your trash and towels and go out and find a cleaning person to exchange these, they will not come to your room. NEVER AGAIN. I do not think it is worth it not to have ANY room cleaning. I missed seeing the bed nicely made and seeing the fresh towels appear in the room. AND I felt horribly guilty that I was putting someone out of a job. The Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory was clean, and the food choices varied and delicious. The grounds around the resort are immaculate. This remains my favorite resort.

Pros:

Manageable size, Really friendly staff - ALL of them! They make you feel special.

Cons:

Do not opt for the gift card for not having your room serviced. Other than that there are NO cons.

Reviewer: ruthann Review Date: 12/21/2018

We just got back from a 10 day trip to POFQ on Dec. 19th. The resort was beautiful with Christmas decorations. The room was clean and kept cleaned each day. The CM's were very helpful. Food court was very good with good selection. No complaints. Love this resort, as it is easier to get around with our mobility issues.

Pros:

all of the above

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 10/17/2018

Just returned from our 25th or more stay at this resort. Its our favorite by far. Grounds well kept, mousekeeping was great. Only disapointment was the new mickey shaped beignets. The origional was puffed and hollow on the inside. The new ones are more like a donut. No where near as good as the origional. I Always looked forward to having my coffee and beignets in the morning. Im so disapointed. If i wanted a donut I would get a donut. Please change them back to the origional

Pros:

Size

Cons:

None. Its a perfect resort

Reviewer: survivoramy Review Date: 10/01/2018

Looking for a resort that isn't a ton of walking to get around? Then FQ is perfect for you! We love it here and have stayed twice. Ironically both times we were in the same building, same floor, just a few doors (and years) apart. We love that the boat is convenient to Disney Springs and the bus it also very convenient. Their is one issue with the boat launch area and that is for those with scooters/wheelchairs/strollers. The exit it up some stairs. So those on wheels must literally walk against the line of people waiting to load because the lineup area is on the ramp. When my oldest was in a wheelchair post surgery we hated having to get everyone to step aside to be able to get her back to resort. The New Orleans theming is great here. We love the food court - the beignets are always ordered. They even have a run advertised where you get beignets at the end.

Pros:

Compact resort, very well kept, love the boat to Disney Springs

Cons:

Boat launch exit for those with "wheels"

Reviewer: jbald Review Date: 09/30/2018

Love this resort. Will be going back for our 4th stay.

Pros:

size and the grounds are beautiful

Cons:

none!