Reviews of Port Orleans French Quarter (Moderate Resort)

A Disney Moderate Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_po.htm

Reviewer: jogirlmyrick Review Date: 01/26/2019

This is our favorite resort. We love staying here because the size and no room is too far from the front of the resort.

Pros:

It’s a lot more quiet. Love we can boat to Disney Springs.

Cons:

Can’t think of any.

Reviewer: Quiltinlady Review Date: 12/28/2018

We recently had the luxury of staying at the French Quarter for 7 nights. I loved the newly renovated rooms. Love the décor. The rooms seem to be more sound proof than they used to be. The new floors are fantastic. They are so much better than carpeting and still feel sort of soft and comfy. The beds are elevated so that you no longer have to worry about what was left under there by the prior occupant. The mattress was so comfy - it was tempting to spend more time there when we had an early FP+. However - we opted for the option of not having daily room service. We assumed that they would still come in and clean after 3 days - WRONG. Unless you gather your trash and towels and go out and find a cleaning person to exchange these, they will not come to your room. NEVER AGAIN. I do not think it is worth it not to have ANY room cleaning. I missed seeing the bed nicely made and seeing the fresh towels appear in the room. AND I felt horribly guilty that I was putting someone out of a job. The Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory was clean, and the food choices varied and delicious. The grounds around the resort are immaculate. This remains my favorite resort.

Pros:

Manageable size, Really friendly staff - ALL of them! They make you feel special.

Cons:

Do not opt for the gift card for not having your room serviced. Other than that there are NO cons.

Reviewer: ruthann Review Date: 12/21/2018

We just got back from a 10 day trip to POFQ on Dec. 19th. The resort was beautiful with Christmas decorations. The room was clean and kept cleaned each day. The CM's were very helpful. Food court was very good with good selection. No complaints. Love this resort, as it is easier to get around with our mobility issues.

Pros:

all of the above

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 10/17/2018

Just returned from our 25th or more stay at this resort. Its our favorite by far. Grounds well kept, mousekeeping was great. Only disapointment was the new mickey shaped beignets. The origional was puffed and hollow on the inside. The new ones are more like a donut. No where near as good as the origional. I Always looked forward to having my coffee and beignets in the morning. Im so disapointed. If i wanted a donut I would get a donut. Please change them back to the origional

Pros:

Size

Cons:

None. Its a perfect resort

Reviewer: jbald Review Date: 09/30/2018

Love this resort. Will be going back for our 4th stay.

Pros:

size and the grounds are beautiful

Cons:

none!

Reviewer: Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

our favorite resort so far

Pros:

love the resort, love that is a small resort, good food, pool is awesome, love the pool slide and boat ride to Disney springs is awesome.

Reviewer: diznynut Review Date: 09/29/2018

We have stayed here a total of 2 times in the past 2 years. It has become our family favorite resort. We booked 2 connecting rooms each time and were given a 1st floor corner room in front of the boat launch. It was a wonderful quiet resort. We liked how the resort was small. We also loved the food. We also took a horse carriage ride which was a special treat.

Pros:

quiet, small, nicely themed, loved the waterslide

Reviewer: Arlene Review Date: 09/28/2018

We have stayed at French Quarter three times. It is our very favorite resort. This is a small resort with just one lovely pool. Every building is close to the food court and the bus stop. Yes, there is only one bus stop, but we have never had a problem getting on a bus. We enjoy having a drink at the Scat Cat club after a long day at the parks. The beingets served at the food court are amazing! You can take a boat to Disney Springs. French Quarter has a very relaxing atmosphere.

Pros:

Short walk to your room, the food court and the bus stop.

Reviewer: Tink68 Review Date: 09/28/2018

My family and I love everything about this resort. The friendly staff, carriage rides, boat rides to Disney Springs, everything was perfect!

Pros:

Friendly and very helpful staff Beautiful scenery

Reviewer: Lauren kilpatrick Review Date: 09/27/2018

Probably my favorute resort to stay at. Great atmosphere and small and quaint. grest food options and a boat to disney springs

Pros:

Boat to disney springs

Cons:

Never included on dining plan