Reviews of Pop Century Resort (Value Resort)

A Disney Value Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_pop.htm

Resort Videos:

Reviewed by LouO Review Date: 05/02/2019

Stayed here several times, and if you're like our family and spend very little time at the the hotel and hotel room, this is a great place. Rooms are clean, basic and offer the essentials. There are several pools on the premises, but the go-to pool is the one in the center. If you want to be part of that be sure to get a room near it. If you want a quieter room, get one on the opposite side of the main pool. They have a large cafeteria style dining area, game room and full transportation. You really don't need much more - great choice if you're on a budget (like me).

Pros:

Economical (well it's still Disney $'s) Clean, basic and has all the essentials Great main pool area Large cafeteria food area (great to eat & go in the AM)

Cons:

Some areas can be loud Cafeteria is ALWAYS loud VERY busy and seems disorganized in AM

Reviewed by Leanne Review Date: 04/24/2019

To me this resort is the most fun resort in WDW and I have stayed in many of their resorts over the past 40 years. I love the music from the different decades, the food court is great and it has the most efficient transportation of any of the resorts. The service staff is just great and will go out of their way to help you.

Pros:

Transportation, fun feeling, great food court

Cons:

Rooms are small and can be noisy at times especially if you stay near the pools

Reviewed by jennap Review Date: 04/24/2019

This is my favorite Value resort and I have stayed here on 5+ occasions. They have their own bus line with only 1 stop at the resort. This saves so much time! The dining hall has so many good options (including great ice cream)and the check out is very quick. All service is always above and beyond.
Rooms are newly renovated. Sometimes we take the bus back to AoA and walk across the bridge to Pop for a scenic stroll at night.

Pros:

Own bus system with no extra stops. Newly renovated rooms. Great dining selections (check out the ice cream!). Great price.

Cons:

If you don't get a preferred room, your walking distance to the main hall can be a bit far.

Reviewed by epelfrey5 Review Date: 04/23/2019

Nice refurbished rooms! Very clean, staff was friendly and helpful. The food on site was also very good!

Pros:

Price! Good price for the room...

Cons:

Our room was one of the furthest out and it was a good hike after a long day at the parks

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/20/2019

First time staying here. We had two rooms adjoining. These were refurbished rooms. And they were outstanding. We were only here for one night before moving over to Kidani Village. This resort is hands down the best IMHO, of all the value resorts.

Pros:

Refurbished. Soon to be Skyliner.

Cons:

I can not think of any.

Reviewed by marge Review Date: 04/18/2019

Best value resort for seniors

Pros:

Pop Century is located close to the parks, atmosphere is friendly, staff is very helpful. Love the new renovations at Pop Century, there is TONS of space for your items, the bathroom design is awesome (wish I had one like this at home!). Love the idea of the hideaway bed.

Cons:

we used to be able to make reservations months ahead for our stay and now we have to book a year ahead to guarantee we get a room

Reviewed by thecritic Review Date: 04/17/2019

We have been staying here for over 10 years and when I ask my family if they would like to stay at a different resort they say no. Bus service is usually good and I love how compact the resort is.

Pros:

All buildings close to lobby, gift shop, food and pools.

Cons:

Noise through the walls

Reviewed by BSinclair1014 Review Date: 04/17/2019

We stayed here for the first time and really liked it. Our room was located very close to the bus stops. Since everyone has a cell phone, the number of charging spots and locations was a bonus. The refurbished rooms are nice.

Pros:

Location of our room to the bus stops.

Cons:

It's not a Deluxe. Sometimes the wait times for a bus were very long, but it's Disney so we expect that.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/17/2019

First time for us staying at Pop Century and we loved it. Our room was located very close to the bus stop and the food court/gift shops were not too far of a walk. The resort is fun to walk around and explore - love the bigger than life size themes! Since everyone has a cell phone, the number of charging spots and locations of them were great.

Pros:

For us, the location of our room to the bus stop.

Cons:

It's not a Deluxe.

Reviewed by KathyG Review Date: 04/17/2019

We have been staying at this resort since 2004. The updates are fabulous! I love that there are no more rugs! The room functions well with added outlets, lights and phone outlets. Can’t beat the price either.

Pros:

Updated rooms

Cons:

Would be tight if more than 3 people.