Reviews of Polite Pig

View Menus at Polite Pig Dining Location

All Day Menu

Cuisines: BBQ
The Polite Pig features modern barbecue in an open kitchen, with Southern sides like a tomato and watermelon salad, mac and cheese and smoked corn with lime butter. There is also a selection of craft beers and cocktails, and a bourbon bar with more than 50 selections, from small batch bourbons to a Pappy Van Winkle 23-Year Family Reserve.

Reviewed by Wade Review Date: 04/24/2019

The Polite Pig always seems to have a line! I have passed by many times, but this time decided to give it a try. Despite the "que" being full and almost out the door it took less than 10 minutes for me to place my order and find a seat. For myself I ordered the Burnt Ends Meatballs, BBQ Cauliflower, Tomato and Watermelon Salad, Mac and Cheese and Smoked Turkey. It was too much food, but I wanted to try a couple of extra things. Every single item was fantastic. The meatballs on top of grits were excellent - perfectly cooked. The tomato and watermelon salad had feta and pickled onions - it all mixed perfectly - was light and refreshing. The BBQ Cauliflower and Mac and Cheese could have been a meal by itself. The Turkey was perfectly smoked. Add in a plethora of BBQ sauces to try and this place just became my favorite BBQ place anywhere. You can't go wrong here if you like BBQ favorites and a lot of food!

Pros:

Food and Ambiance - while it's "counter service" there is a full bar and plenty of indoor and outdoor seating.

Cons:

Always a wait...for a good reason. It's worth it.

Reviewed by maddox4 Review Date: 04/24/2019

This is our new favorite Disney Springs restaurant....reasonably priced for what you get (it is Disney afterall!) We ate here in Sept. 2018 and again in March 2019. Love the big platter offering...easily feeds 2-3. Will definitely stop here again in December. It is a very busy place but we tried to plan our meal in the middle of the afternoon and did ok finding seats. A bit noisy but that just means its crowded because its so good!

Pros:

Everything we have tried has been excellent

Cons:

noisy

Reviewed by ksteiner Review Date: 04/23/2019

My hubby and I went for the first time in February 2019 and he has not stopped talking about it since!!! It is a great quick service option that doesn't feel like quick service. You order at the counter, but then they bring your food to the table. You need to know - my husband is a pulled pork connoisseur and he deemed it the best he's EVER HAD. Seriously! I got the Smoked Truly BLT, which was also very yummy. We also got the Roasted Brussel Sprouts, which I had read were delicious and we were not disappointed. The food came out fairly quickly and was hot. Couldn't ask for more. We sat out on their patio and had an enjoyable time. Ready to go again during our trip in October.

Pros:

Food was delicious - lots to choose from. Price is decent and service was good.

Cons:

Can't think of any!!!

Reviewed by Challisgal Review Date: 02/26/2019

The food was awesome and I thought it was a great value for a Quick Service on the dining friend. My friend got the baby back ribs and said they were the best she'd ever had. I got the pork shoulder and it was good, if a bit fatty. The atmosphere was casual, but not rushed and the choice of BBQ sauces was awesome. This will definitely be a spot we revisit.

Pros:

Great food Great value

Cons:

Pork shoulder was a bit fatty

Reviewed by jjbmtperk Review Date: 10/28/2018

Great new place for us. Quick service and great food.

Pros:

Fabulous bang for the buck on the dining plan

Reviewed by Katy Review Date: 09/27/2018

I am not a huge BBQ person, but my husband is and he LOVES this place. He would eat here every day and every meal if he could. The brisket is perfect with an awesome smoke ring on it.

Pros:

Food is served quickly, but has an awesome quality

Reviewed by bellebookworm9 Review Date: 02/12/2018

We stopped here during our day at Disney Springs following our Disney Cruise. It was delicious and lived up to the great things I'd heard about it. Similar to Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace, you order at the counter, get your drinks, take a pager, and the staff brings your food to you. The staff automatically asked if we had any discounts, including military.

My mom and I each got The Southern Pig and split an order of the Sweet Potato Tots - so very good! Our other friends ordered several appetizers and sides to share: Hop Salt Pretzel, BBQ Cauliflower, BBQ Waffle Fries, and Mac and Cheese. None of us had a single negative thing to say! Our friend was thrilled they had sweet tea. This is a great addition to the Disney Springs lineup!

Pros:

Sweet tea! Food and service was excellent, best of three meals at WDW

Reviewed by Dizney71 Review Date: 06/18/2019

Incredibly delicious food, and amazing customer service!

Pros:

The food here is all delicious! The sliders, the sides, the cookies!!

Cons:

A tad pricey for counter service, but the food makes up for that!

Reviewed by shelleyjones84 Review Date: 06/12/2019

The Polite Pig is my favorite quick service location in all of Walt Disney World, not just Disney Springs. The location is great. The food is excellent as well. Whether you think you like them or not, try the Brussels sprouts - they're to die for! Drink selection is also very nice. You order and then someone brings you your food. The condiment bar is full of interesting and yummy sauces.

Pros:

Tasty food. Ordering line moves pretty quickly. Outdoor seating when the weather is nice.

Cons:

Getting a refill on an alcoholic drink is a little bit of a pain. Because you pay when you order, you must go up to the bar to get another. Finding seating can be a little challenging.

Reviewed by Joel0917 Review Date: 09/26/2018

Love this place. Great food! Nice break from park food.

Pros:

Selection of meats: Ribs, pork and more! Great sides and great smoky flavor.

Cons:

Mixed drinks are \"prepared well drinks\" even though it says hand crafted they come out of a tap?