Reviews of Polite Pig

The Polite Pig features “modern barbecue” in an open kitchen, with Southern sides like a tomato and watermelon salad, mac and cheese and smoked corn with lime butter. There is also a selection of craft beers and cocktails, and a bourbon bar with more than 50 selections, from small batch bourbons to a Pappy Van Winkle 23-Year Family Reserve.

Reviewer: Noreen Review Date: 09/26/2018

stopped in for lunch. had brisket BBQ and the pork BBQ. Delicious - great flavor.

Pros:

quick service, great food

Cons:

noisy

Reviewer: bellebookworm9 Review Date: 02/12/2018

We stopped here during our day at Disney Springs following our Disney Cruise. It was delicious and lived up to the great things I'd heard about it. Similar to Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace, you order at the counter, get your drinks, take a pager, and the staff brings your food to you. The staff automatically asked if we had any discounts, including military.

My mom and I each got The Southern Pig and split an order of the Sweet Potato Tots - so very good! Our other friends ordered several appetizers and sides to share: Hop Salt Pretzel, BBQ Cauliflower, BBQ Waffle Fries, and Mac and Cheese. None of us had a single negative thing to say! Our friend was thrilled they had sweet tea. This is a great addition to the Disney Springs lineup!

Pros:

Sweet tea! Food and service was excellent, best of three meals at WDW

Cons:

Reviewer: Collette Review Date: 06/30/2017

Best watermelon and tomato salad ever!!!! The pork shoulder was very good, just fatty enough for lots of flavor. There are four different sauces, and my husband and I liked different ones, so be sure to try a bit of all of them before you decide. However, the machine that dispenses them was broken the day we were there, and we had to get them out of a bottle instead. We were so full, we didn't have room for dessert, unfortunately. I'm looking forward to visiting again.

Pros:

Tasty meat and sides

Cons:

Reviewer: killnme Review Date: 04/21/2017

Went to the Polite Pig for Easter lunch. DW got the pulled pork sandwich with brussel sprouts. She liked the sandwich and we all loved the brussel sprouts. My 13yr. old DD liked them so much she wanted to go buy more of them. My DD got the 10 dollar pretzel which was good but I didn't find the cheese sauce to cheesy. I had the brisket. All BBQ restaurants I have been to are judge on their brisket. If this is the case for the Polite Pig it won't be around long. The brisket was fatty, chewy, and didn't have a lot of favor. It is a shame b/c I really wanted some really good brisket.

We will probably try it again if other places are busy, but its not a must do. If you do go get the brussels sprouts!

Pros:

Brussel Sprouts

Cons:

Not a lot of flavor

Reviewer: DisneyHopper Review Date: 04/19/2017

We ordered the Southern Pig (pulled pork) Sandwich and the Brisket Melt Sandwich with the Sweet Potato Tots as our side. The pulled pork was very good, not exceptionally awesome, but I would order it again. It came with an apple slaw on the sandwich, which was good and the mustard sauce was on point. The Brisket Melt was also very good. Better IMO than the pulled pork. The sweet potato tots were good too. You stand in line to order your food, then you go to your table and the food is brought to you. The staff is well trained and friendly. There is a nice BBQ sauce bar at the ready for you to choose from. My only complaint about the restaurant, is that it is quite noisy. It wasn't even full when we were there and we could not hold a conversation because there is such an echo - the sound bounces off the walls and it is unpleasant. They do accept an AP discount which is good. I would eat there again, but maybe sit at one of the outside tables if the weather is nice.

Pros:

Very Good Food, Friendly Helpful Wait Staff

Cons:

Loud Atmosphere, "Echoy" (is that a word?), Hard to converse with others in your party