Reviews of Plaza Restaurant

Read more about Plaza Restaurant including links to the menus here: http://allears.net/dining/location/plaza-restaurant

Full Service Lunch/Dinner

Reviewer: Disneydad7506 Review Date: 08/05/2018

We have been to the Plaza restaurant a few times and it has always been a pleasant experience for us with good food in the Magic Kingdom. On this Sunday we had ADR at 1:30pm and we were told at the podium we could not check in early. So we checked in right at 1:30pm and we still had to wait almost 30 minuets for a table. Then we were seated right next to the kitchen door. Very disappointing. We ordered a cheeseburger and and a chicken sandwich, and unfortunately neither were very good this time. The chicken sandwich was not hot and we have had better burgers at quick service restaurants. The milkshakes very also average, but at least they were refillable.

Pros:

Location, prices

Cons:

Average food

Reviewer: mkymouse4ever Review Date: 07/13/2018

We have eaten at plaza prior to this visit. We had had problems last december on our visit and saw at least 3 other very unhappy tables. But, thought it was always a favorite of mine > we will go open minded, thinking it was just a bad day. Sorry to say, we where soooooo wrong.
We had gotten there about 15 min early, told too early to check in, come back at 5 min. to go. We did and they registered us. Gave us our beeper / light thing. Then we waited over 30 min. in the sun. I went back to the counter to ask where we where in the que. I could clearly see in resturant. half the tables where totally empty. some needed to be bussed, with no one doing that at all. She said we are behind, not much longer. We where a party of 2. people with larger parties where walking up without reservations and getting seated before us. We went back to the counter could see same tables un bussed and empty still. We had now been over our resservations 45 min. I told her we where leaving and I will not be charge $20.00 because we didn't eat there. She said huh, no problem. I had no idication any of these hostess cared how long anyone waited. They where joking around, laughing, having a great time for being at work > when people where standing in 90 plus heat waiting to be called. Seemed to me maybe some of the 4 or 5 hostess could learn how to buss the table and or serve a customer.
I cancelled my ressie I had 2 days later and just cancelled the one I had in november.
I will not be here again.

Pros:

loccation, menu

Cons:

CM's

Reviewer: Tanasigirl Review Date: 01/10/2018

We dined at the Plaza on December 27, 2017. I had never eaten there before and was very excited about a new experience. We were the second reservation to check in and they tried to seat us inside next to the door of the kitchen. I found that rather odd, but I've worked in the industry before and I know there is a rotation. However, this being our first time, my husband asked if we could be moved. There was some consternation, but we were finally seated in the atrium area and had a perfect view of the castle.

My husband ordered the meatloaf and I tried the beef brisket mac and cheese. We were both very happy with our choices. It was a great venue for people-watching and I would definitely return.

Pros:

Great view of the castle

Cons:

None really

Reviewer: CHIPSTER Review Date: 12/24/2017

Glad they are back to taking reservations. Had my Rueben and homemade chips. Miss their potato salad. Bottomless shakes. Nice break and doesn't cost much more than counter service.

Pros:

Consistent food for the past 30+ years

Cons:

Reviewer: gullgeorge Review Date: 12/10/2017

We had not ate here for a number of years and the last experience was excellent. Did find out that they only take reservations for a few hours a day and the rest of the day is walk-up only. We had the cheese steak and was very disappointed. If was very dry, you had to hunt for the onions, peppers and cheese, but there was lot of meat.

Pros:

Location

Cons:

Reviewer: mawdryn Review Date: 07/16/2017

Our party of 8 had lunch here on July 5th. We were seated on time, at 11:15. The food and service was awesome, and the price even better. This restaurant is truly under priced for a Disney table service.
The fried green tomato sandwich was divine, as were the loaded fries. The other members of my family enjoyed the mac and cheese, burgers, chicken sandwich and wedge salad. The ice cream was delicious too. A few of us took our shakes to go...
I've dined here twice now, and will be returning in the future...

Pros:

Food and Location

Reviewer: nlg0517 Review Date: 04/13/2017

Our party of 3 ate here for lunch on 3/30. It was a very busy day at MK and our breakfast didn't last as long as I thought. My kids were hungry by noon and we happened to be right by the Plaza. I have long wanted to try this place and remembered that you didn't need ressies. So I walked up to the check in and she said we'd be seated in about 20 minutes. Soon after we arrived though they stopped taking walk ups.
My DD (12) & I each ordered the Fried Green Tomato sandwich with cheddar (instead of pepper jack). My DS 14 opted for the cheese fries "hold all the vegetables"! The sandwiches were delicious! My DD ate every bite! I had my sandwich with the potato chips which were fresh and crispy. The Cheese fries had plastic cheese which is wonderful! My kids are crazy and didn't want anymore ice cream? So I can't speak to the shakes but they looked great. I would highly recommend this restaurant for lunch. It's a great break from the park with good food. It is a much smaller place than I expected, so it may get full on a busy day

Pros:

Good food great prices

Reviewer: kellylsmith Review Date: 03/18/2017

Our favorite place to eat at MK. After being overfed with meat/potatoes at most Disney locations, the Plaza offers 'normal' lunchtime fare of sandwiches and salads. I recommend going mid-day and having a meal and dessert and then all you'll need later is a lite snack for dinner. All of our meal choices were enjoyed from sandwiches to burgers. The brisket burger is huge with a bunch of brisket piled on top of a burger. My daughter LOVED it. The ice cream and milkshakes are really YUMMY. I like that the place is small and intimate. Also, right on Main Street and if you are there at parade time, you can see some of the floats going by.

Pros:

Food, Dessert, Service

Cons:

Reviewer: Kathanne5 Review Date: 03/13/2017

We ate here in February 2017. First time at the Plaza. There was three of us in our group, we all ordered the Cheese Steak Sandwich. We all loved it! A big portion, flavor was wonderful, break was very good and felt homemade. We will definitely go here on our next visit! All had a great server! A table next to us ordered milkshakes, they looked wonderful.

Pros:

Excellent food and great service

Cons:

Wish dining area was bigger

Reviewer: wwhawkeye Review Date: 07/20/2016

I just learned today that the Plaza Restaurant will no longer be taking reservations for dinner (lunch reservations still available). 100% walk up and wait.
The Plaza has become my favorite MK dining spot, so I will definitely be waiting next time!

Pros:

Banana split!

Cons:

No more dinner reservations