Reviews of El Mercado de Coronado

Cuisines: American, Other/Ethnic
Breakfast Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/pepper-market/breakfast
Lunch/Dinner Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/pepper-market/lunch-dinner

Reviewed by smsdls Review Date: 04/20/2019

We like El Mercado for the variety that they offer. Everyone in our group could find something that they like. And for quick service it’s pretty good! We stopped for breakfast, lunch and quick in between meals during our 4 day stay and weren’t disappointed.

Pros:

Variety of choices

Cons:

During peak meal times you can wait in long lines.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

we like eating here..great variety

Pros:

variety and dont have to fight crowds

Cons:

none for us

Reviewed by MM from Connecticut Review Date: 06/09/2017

Good selection, but very slow service cooking the food

Pros:

Variety

Reviewed by monorailmom Review Date: 08/24/2016

We had lunch here during our recent trip. We were able to walk right up to the counters. My husband and I both had questions about the offerings, and the CM there was just SO helpful! She literally took out the pasta and different sauces to show me the options, and offered my husband a couple of different choices for his side of potatoes. We appreciated her help, and the food was fresh and really good! It was not as loud as a typical food court is either, which is great.

Reviewed by Koon Review Date: 01/01/2016

The roasted chicken with veggies, potatoes, and cornbread was plentiful and delicious, though the man in front of me had to ask for the bread which led to a lengthy search around the restaurant. I do miss the steak that used to be an option here, but still a great value for a QS credit.

Pros:

Food, portions

Reviewed by Cstauffer1 Review Date: 11/01/2015

Had a quick lunch here as we didn't want to go elsewhere to find something to eat. Must have arrived during lunch break for a convention as all the stations had long lines, but they moved fast. I ordered the Italian sandwich which included a good sized portion of deli meats and cheeses, along with lettuce and tomato, and what was supposed to be a herb dressing, (which I couldn't taste) on a gigantic slab of herbed focaccia bread. While the portion was a good value, and the food had good flavor, there was just too much bread. The sandwich was also served with house-made kettle chips which were tasty. Also enjoyed the variety of desserts available, my favorite being a chocolate fudge cake.

Pros:

food quality, portion

Cons:

portion, crowds

Reviewed by destinie Review Date: 03/02/2015

Pepper is a very casual dining experience. I found that most people will come here with their families and grab food in the morning before heading out to the parks so at peak times it gets very crowded and noisy, which is expected from a food court. Not recommended if you are looking for an intimate breakfast hangout. (We ate here mostly for breakfast and once for dinner around 7 or 8pm. During that time there were less people.)

I found that they were very accommodating for gluten and dairy-free food. We had to ask at the griddle station and they would call the chef for us. The chef would then personally bring out our meals which was GREAT because, unlike the other food that was available, our food was fresh and hot. I never had a problem at Pepper and found that there were wonderful options for me.

For those without restricted diets there seemed to be a lot of options: Fancy egg dishes, continental pickings, and the breaded offerings (french toast, pancakes, waffles) with sides like sausage, potatoes, and bacon.

I thought Pepper had a nice atmosphere and I felt comfortable eating there. I would recommend as a nice place to grab a bite. We preferred it over Maya Grill as there were more options and it was easier to personalize your meal.

Pros:

Options for Restricted Diets, Good Food, Quick

Cons:

Noisy & Crowded at peak times

Reviewed by MelissaStone Review Date: 01/07/2015

The good thing here s the fried chicken. People worked behind the food areas seem much nicer than the cashiers and willing to help. They don't have any cup of fruit like other food court for desserts.

Pros:

Food was decent.

Cons:

Cashier was unfriendly and very slow. Lack of desserts (no fruit option)

Reviewed by Heidtd Review Date: 12/31/2014

We ate breakfast twice at the Pepper Market during a recent stay from 12/20 - 12/28. Both times we waited in line, once we got to the front of the line the person working went to another station. We waited so long for someone to return, that we finally went to another line to get our second choice. During the second visit, we were running late for the Magic Express bus since the hotel completely messed up our check out paperwork. I finally went behind the line to grab a breakfast sandwich, no one said anything. As soon as I left, a worker came over to help out the next guest. Food was very average. I wouldn't go there specifically, and was glad I wasn't paying for it since we had a free dining offer.

Pros:

Large Selection

Cons:

Few people working, poor food quality

Reviewed by jacwin1 Review Date: 06/04/2014

We had breakfast and lunch there. Plenty to choose from, decent prices, large portions, excellent taste and texture.

Pros:

food, portion size

Other topics in Coronado Springs