Reviews of Pecos Bill Cafe

View Menus at Pecos Bill's Tall Tale Inn and Cafe Dining Location

Read more about Pecos Bill Cafe here including a link to the menu: http://allears.net/dining/location/pecos-bills

Frontierland

Reviewer: John Review Date: 11/30/2015

I had the steak beef fajita and found the beef to be cold and tough. We used to love to eat at least once at Pecos Bill's during our trips to WDW, but will not return in the future.

Pros:

I am trying to think of some

Cons:

food was cold

Reviewer: Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 11/18/2015

We went here for a burger and totally forgot they changed the menu. We decided to eat here anyway and were very disappointed. My son had quesadillas and he said they were the worst he has ever had...almost no cheese inside. A quesadilla has to be the easiest thing in the world to prepare, right? My meal was pretty bland as well. We won't be returning.

Reviewer: disneymom35 Review Date: 11/17/2015

I was one of those people who didn't want the old Pecos Bill's to go away. Well, I changed my mind. We had the chicken burritos. The burritos were a nice size and the fixins bar had everything you could need. We were full and felt a lot better than eating a hamburger with fries. I guess I'm still going to be a Pecos Bill's fan.

Pros:

Great fixins bar

Cons:

Chaotic

Reviewer: MWS Review Date: 11/13/2015

I was very excited to try the new menu at Pecos Bill, but unfortunately Disney seems to be continuing the tradition of serving bland, overcooked food at this venue. The lines to order were long and slow and the eating area was dirty, even with Cast Members constantly cleaning. The portions are large and we spilt the beef fajita platter, the meat, onions and peppers were all overcooked and the cilantro rice and beans had no flavor, we ended up tossing most of it. They need to add small serving cups to the toppings bar as there is nothing to use for the toppings.

Pros:

Cons:

Bland food, crowded

Reviewer: Jchuges7 Review Date: 11/09/2015

Having eaten here before the new menu was a nice change of pace from the typical burgers and chicken options that most QS places have. I got a spicy beef rice bowl (the beef was not spicy even after I added some hot sauce) and my fiance got a chicken fajita platter. We both agreed that the chicken was much tastier than the beef, but the beef was tender and flavorful. (I eat a lot of chicken at home so I tried to pick different options this trip). My bowl had plenty of rice, black beans and beef. Her platter had plenty of chicken, grilled onions and peppers plus some tortillas. The fixin's bar did not disappoint as there were plenty of options to customize your meal.

It was very hot and humid so being able to choose the strawberry lemonade slush for my drink on the dining plan was a great option. We both agreed that my churros and chocolate dipping sauce were vastly superior to her sopapillas. As per usual the QS dessert options weren't the best but we would have skipped it had we not been on the DDP.

Seating was not the greatest. Pecos Bill's is very busy and finding a seat, especially on a hot day, was not easy. Didn't help that several groups got up from their tables and left huge messes for CMs to clean up. I know it's their job but when things are that busy just have some common courtesy for your fellow guests.

Pros:

New menu is refreshing for QS, large portions

Cons:

Lack of seating

Reviewer: Cstauffer1 Review Date: 11/01/2015

Dropped in for a quick lunch between rides. Was a bit disappointed in the limited menu but the food was surprisingly good. I ordered the beef salad while husband ordered the beef rice bowl. Loved the condiment bar which included sour cream, guacamole, cheese, as well as a variety of salsas and toppings. Portion sizes were big and the food was well seasoned. Overall a good choice for a quick service meal

Pros:

condiment bar, food

Cons:

limited menu and seating

Reviewer: Sandanv1 Review Date: 10/18/2015

We tried the new menu and it was a refreshing change. We had the Southwest Salad with Chicken and a Chicken Burritio. The serving size as generous and the toppings bar was great. The Chipolte Ranch was delicious. The new menu is a yummy addition and I won't hesitate to return.

Pros:

Great new menu

Reviewer: monorailmom Review Date: 09/19/2015

We ate at Pecos Bill' s for lunch over our August trip. Food was fine, but seating here isn't the easiest. It always seems that some of the dining room is closed off, making other rooms rather crowded. We tend to prefer Cosmic Ray's over this place, but would eat here again if we're nearby and hungry!

Reviewer: disneyjill Review Date: 08/20/2015

The last time I ate here, I had the taco salad, which when fixed up from the toppings bar, was good. This time, no taco salad and a pared down toppings bar with no hot cheese. I wasn't starving and thought the kids grilled cheese sounded good. Except that it was a slice of American cheese melted between a goldfish thin bun. Not great. At all. The grapes and carrots it came with were good and a nice change of pace from fries. The best part of my visit was a big scoop of sautéed mushrooms from the toppings bar. It's a convenient location but there are definitely better places to eat at the Magic Kingdom.

Pros:

Location

Cons:

Food, crowds

Reviewer: mschu2112 Review Date: 07/07/2015

We ate her once during our recent 10 day trip (June 25 to July 4) and it was basically ok. We have dined here on past trip and its easy access to the area of the park. The food was a good portion but nothing special as some was dry. They changed the fixing bar and took out the hot cheese sauce, which we were looking forward to and also took the taco salad off the menu. So basically its a burger, chicken or pork sandwich. Standard Disney fare. Nothing special and when crowded it becomes a zoo. Best to eat off hours.

Pros:

Decent selection, Chocolate cake

Cons:

Crowded at times, got rid of cheese sauce and taco bowls