Reviews of Pecos Bill Cafe

View Menus at Pecos Bill's Tall Tale Inn and Cafe Dining Location

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Read more about Pecos Bill Cafe here including a link to the menu: http://allears.net/dining/location/pecos-bills

Frontierland

Reviewed by jnscook Review Date: 03/11/2013

This is a great place to go when you are so tired that you cannot make it to the next food joint. Otherwise, be ready for sub-par hamburgers and fries. This was my least favorite of the 5 fast food places we ate. Run away.

Pros:

???

Cons:

food

Reviewed by disneyjill Review Date: 08/20/2015

The last time I ate here, I had the taco salad, which when fixed up from the toppings bar, was good. This time, no taco salad and a pared down toppings bar with no hot cheese. I wasn't starving and thought the kids grilled cheese sounded good. Except that it was a slice of American cheese melted between a goldfish thin bun. Not great. At all. The grapes and carrots it came with were good and a nice change of pace from fries. The best part of my visit was a big scoop of sautéed mushrooms from the toppings bar. It's a convenient location but there are definitely better places to eat at the Magic Kingdom.

Pros:

Location

Cons:

Food, crowds

Reviewed by monorailmom Review Date: 09/19/2015

We ate at Pecos Bill' s for lunch over our August trip. Food was fine, but seating here isn't the easiest. It always seems that some of the dining room is closed off, making other rooms rather crowded. We tend to prefer Cosmic Ray's over this place, but would eat here again if we're nearby and hungry!

Reviewed by LISAE Review Date: 08/23/2014

The chicken and steak platter makes an unusual choice in the Magic Kingdom for counter service and was fine. The chilli cheese fries also fine. The seating packed and not very clean. It is a definite ok.

Pros:

Unusual chicken and steak choice, great toppings bar

Cons:

Average food and awful dessert choice, minimal seating

Reviewed by bosslady79 Review Date: 04/03/2014

The food was good as usual, but was upset the order was wrong, my daughter has a food intolerance, and I asked for no cheese on my burger, it had to be re-made because the original had cheese. Service was slow, 5 orders were served in the line next to us before one order came out of our line.

Pros:

Good food, fixings bar

Cons:

Order was wrong, line next to us served 5 orders before ours was filled.

Reviewed by MClark301 Review Date: 03/18/2013

This quick service dining option has express self-order, however the touch screen was very slow and needed deep pressure touch to work. Food was ready quickly and served hot. The condiment line was huge so we ate our meal plain to avoid another wait. The place has multiple seating areas and the hostesses worked quickly to get us seated while our food was still hot. The turkey wrap was really great. Burgers were fine. The kid's turkey sandwich is pathetic - consists of two flatbread pieces in slight mouse head shape with 3 rolled lunchmeat slices. Every place in Magic Kingdom seems to be chaotic so overall this was an average experience. Prices were okay. Lunch for 5 (2 adults, 2 teens, 1 kid) was around $42.

Pros:

Clean with plenty of seating

Cons:

Very chaotic

Reviewed by Cudworth Review Date: 06/12/2019

love the fixins bar. The portions are shaable for sure

Pros:

portions & fixins bar

Reviewed by shell51569 Review Date: 04/19/2019

One of my favorite quick service places. Large portions. Toppings bar.

Pros:

Decent size portions.

Cons:

Almost always busy! Sometimes its hard to find places to sit.

Reviewed by JBinKS Review Date: 01/18/2019

Almost gave it an 8, but even with toppings bar the food is somewhere between your local Mexican restaurant and Taco Bell in flavor. Crowding drove it down to 7, but I guess most people like the food more than us. I had the vegetable rice bowl and SO the southwest salad, both of which were improved from just so-so by adding toppings.

Pros:

Toppings bar

Cons:

Lots of tables but still very crowded

Reviewed by wdwfam9 Review Date: 09/26/2018

Toppings bar is worth the overcrowdedness here! This was a good QS, not the best, but it got the job done.

Pros:

toppings bar

Cons:

can get very crowded