Reviews of Pecos Bill Cafe

View Menus at Pecos Bill's Tall Tale Inn and Cafe Dining Location

Read more about Pecos Bill Cafe here including a link to the menu: http://allears.net/dining/location/pecos-bills

Frontierland

Reviewer: ninjat Review Date: 07/25/2017

They used to have a great taco salad back when they served burgers, now they they have a bunch of bland options all served with black beans, this is supposed to be tex mex folks where are the pintos and refried beans black beans are not Tex Mex . The nachos had no cheese on them at all, put some grated chesse on at the toppings bar, but nachos without melted cheese are not nachos, the rest of the food was bland and served barely luke warm

Pros:

Cons:

Food is bland

Reviewer: nlg0517 Review Date: 04/17/2017

This is the 1st we've eaten here since they switched to a Tex-Mex menu. My DS 14 & I each got nachos, DD 12 got macaroni & cheese. I liked that the nachos had both shredded & melted cheese (plastic cheese!). The beef had a good flavor but wasn't by too spicy. The restaurant offers a very large toppings bar that offers everything you would need to "fully load" your nacho. However, that doesn't mean everything will be available. I had to visit each station before I found a scoop of guacamole. It would be hard for even the best trained wait staff to stay on top of popular items like guacamole when people would fill the paper boats with it! It's almost like they didn't know other people were eating there. The macaroni is the basic cheesy kind offered at most Disney restaurants which my DD loves. There is pleanty of seating in the restaurant. I would recommend grabbing a table in a side dining room. It's quite & we found an outlet to charge phones right next to our table. It's a nice change from burgers & nuggets but don't expect fine Mexican food.

Pros:

Cost

Reviewer: GoRangers23 Review Date: 02/17/2017

My family of five absolutely loved the food here. It was so much better than the hamburgers and pork sandwiches they used to serve! The food was hot and flavorful and the toppings bar allows you to really make it your own. We all had the fajita platter, which is great because you can try both the Barbacoa and the chicken at the same time. It was so filling, I couldn't eat all of mine. The only reason I gave this restaurant a 9 instead of a 10 was because of the desserts. I usually love red velvet cake, but I am not really a fan of the little cake cups. It was ok, but not great. The churros would have been fantastic with the dipping sauce, but unfortunately they were not very fresh. This restaurant is already on our next vacation to-do list. 😁

Pros:

Great food! Much better than average counter service.

Cons:

The only thing slightly negative was the desserts.

Reviewer: Snemma Review Date: 11/14/2016

Though we were served very quickly and efficiently, the walk from our table to get toppings felt like a much more realistic hike from the Caribbean to the American West than I would have liked. But, the walk was worth it for Guacamole.

Pros:

Taste of food and options on the toppings bar

Cons:

This place is huge.

Reviewer: Tanasigirl Review Date: 09/27/2016

We grabbed a quick Southwest Burger here on September 13, 2016, during the MNSS Halloween Party. By the later hours of the party, it was one of the few places still open and it's never been a favorite of mine.

That being said, the burger was the standard, fairly large-sized sandwich. My hubby and I were able to split it as a snack. It came with tortilla chips, which I thought odd, till I remembered the toppings bar. We had at least three salsas to choose from and that saved the meal. There are also many toppings for your burgers or salads.

The seating is spread out and like a maze, so if you have a group you may lose each other. It can be a bit noisy and it's always crowded.

Pros:

Convenient if in Frontierland

Cons:

Food selection

Reviewer: LLSS Review Date: 09/26/2016

I was blown away with Pecos. Honestly I had low expectations but we were starving and sick of walking (and didn't want Columbia Harbor again). Food was very good, the condiment bar was great, and it went quickly. We will definitely be back.

Reviewer: KarissaB1 Review Date: 09/17/2016

The food was generous in portion size and it tasted very good. One of the best quick services in all of Disney. We will definitely go here in the future.

Pros:

Great portions

Cons:

Seating

Reviewer: LISAE Review Date: 08/13/2016

The churros stall had sold out of churros (go figure) but they told us they were available here too. We had a portion of churros with chocolate sauce (at the stall you have to buy them separately) and they were fabulous. Service was ridiculously fast too.

Pros:

great churros, quick service.

Reviewer: rosehills Review Date: 06/08/2016

Good sized portions of fresh (not fried or microwaved) food. Had salad, taco burger-creative- and fajitas. Good quality all around. Lots of variety of items on the bar to add to your plate. Crowded so a bit challenging to find seats, but staff was helpful in directing guests to open tables.

Pros:

Fresh food, fixings bar

Cons:

Seating

Reviewer: ericbreuer Review Date: 02/14/2016

Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe --- Magic Kingdom Disney World
We haven't eaten at Pecos Bill Cafe in several months. They used to offer a Gulten Free bun with their burgers and other gluten free sides. This is no longer the case. When so many of the Disney restaurants are becominig so aware and making great strides in their gluten free choices, Pecos Bill took 3 steps backward. The ONLY thing offered as an Entree was a gluten free steak rice bowl , a chicken salad and loaded nachos. Who would risk the chance that their corn chips are not fried in the same oil as other gluten type items. They NO LONGER offer the gluten free roll, no more apple slices. What is wrong with the management of this Cafe? Our friends each had the burger that looked good enough. If they still offered the Gluten Free roll we would have had the same. But, just as well we didn't because they complained about the burgers being cold. When you spend $40.00 for 2 burgers and 2 sodas the burger should at least be at room temperature. Pecos Bill Lassoed us for the last time.

Pros:

Cons:

Little to No concern for food allergiess