Reviews of Pecos Bill Cafe

View Menus at Pecos Bill's Tall Tale Inn and Cafe Dining Location

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Read more about Pecos Bill Cafe here including a link to the menu: http://allears.net/dining/location/pecos-bills

Frontierland

Reviewed by Lauren kilpatrick Review Date: 09/27/2018

So good love the choices and goid quality

Pros:

Bar full of toppings

Cons:

Hard order with a stroller and go to toppings bar

Reviewed by wdwfam9 Review Date: 09/26/2018

Toppings bar is worth the overcrowdedness here! This was a good QS, not the best, but it got the job done.

Pros:

toppings bar

Cons:

can get very crowded

Reviewed by AmicableMattress Review Date: 10/09/2017

Huge portions of Mexican fare (veggie friendly) with large toppings bar- cheese, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa... If you hook it up right, 2-3 people could spit a burrito. Or eat half there & save other half for later. Who needs an expensive time consuming table service? So much tastier than Mickey's typical park fare.

Pros:

Lots of higher quality tasty healthy food

Reviewed by ninjat Review Date: 07/25/2017

They used to have a great taco salad back when they served burgers, now they they have a bunch of bland options all served with black beans, this is supposed to be tex mex folks where are the pintos and refried beans black beans are not Tex Mex . The nachos had no cheese on them at all, put some grated chesse on at the toppings bar, but nachos without melted cheese are not nachos, the rest of the food was bland and served barely luke warm

Pros:

Cons:

Food is bland

Reviewed by nlg0517 Review Date: 04/17/2017

This is the 1st we've eaten here since they switched to a Tex-Mex menu. My DS 14 & I each got nachos, DD 12 got macaroni & cheese. I liked that the nachos had both shredded & melted cheese (plastic cheese!). The beef had a good flavor but wasn't by too spicy. The restaurant offers a very large toppings bar that offers everything you would need to "fully load" your nacho. However, that doesn't mean everything will be available. I had to visit each station before I found a scoop of guacamole. It would be hard for even the best trained wait staff to stay on top of popular items like guacamole when people would fill the paper boats with it! It's almost like they didn't know other people were eating there. The macaroni is the basic cheesy kind offered at most Disney restaurants which my DD loves. There is pleanty of seating in the restaurant. I would recommend grabbing a table in a side dining room. It's quite & we found an outlet to charge phones right next to our table. It's a nice change from burgers & nuggets but don't expect fine Mexican food.

Pros:

Cost

Reviewed by GoRangers23 Review Date: 02/17/2017

My family of five absolutely loved the food here. It was so much better than the hamburgers and pork sandwiches they used to serve! The food was hot and flavorful and the toppings bar allows you to really make it your own. We all had the fajita platter, which is great because you can try both the Barbacoa and the chicken at the same time. It was so filling, I couldn't eat all of mine. The only reason I gave this restaurant a 9 instead of a 10 was because of the desserts. I usually love red velvet cake, but I am not really a fan of the little cake cups. It was ok, but not great. The churros would have been fantastic with the dipping sauce, but unfortunately they were not very fresh. This restaurant is already on our next vacation to-do list. 😁

Pros:

Great food! Much better than average counter service.

Cons:

The only thing slightly negative was the desserts.

Reviewed by Snemma Review Date: 11/14/2016

Though we were served very quickly and efficiently, the walk from our table to get toppings felt like a much more realistic hike from the Caribbean to the American West than I would have liked. But, the walk was worth it for Guacamole.

Pros:

Taste of food and options on the toppings bar

Cons:

This place is huge.

Reviewed by Tanasigirl Review Date: 09/27/2016

We grabbed a quick Southwest Burger here on September 13, 2016, during the MNSS Halloween Party. By the later hours of the party, it was one of the few places still open and it's never been a favorite of mine.

That being said, the burger was the standard, fairly large-sized sandwich. My hubby and I were able to split it as a snack. It came with tortilla chips, which I thought odd, till I remembered the toppings bar. We had at least three salsas to choose from and that saved the meal. There are also many toppings for your burgers or salads.

The seating is spread out and like a maze, so if you have a group you may lose each other. It can be a bit noisy and it's always crowded.

Pros:

Convenient if in Frontierland

Cons:

Food selection

Reviewed by LLSS Review Date: 09/26/2016

I was blown away with Pecos. Honestly I had low expectations but we were starving and sick of walking (and didn't want Columbia Harbor again). Food was very good, the condiment bar was great, and it went quickly. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed by KarissaB1 Review Date: 09/17/2016

The food was generous in portion size and it tasted very good. One of the best quick services in all of Disney. We will definitely go here in the future.

Pros:

Great portions

Cons:

Seating