Reviews of Pecos Bill Cafe

View Menus at Pecos Bill's Tall Tale Inn and Cafe Dining Location

Read more about Pecos Bill Cafe here including a link to the menu: http://allears.net/dining/location/pecos-bills

Frontierland

Reviewer: JBinKS Review Date: 01/18/2019

Almost gave it an 8, but even with toppings bar the food is somewhere between your local Mexican restaurant and Taco Bell in flavor. Crowding drove it down to 7, but I guess most people like the food more than us. I had the vegetable rice bowl and SO the southwest salad, both of which were improved from just so-so by adding toppings.

Pros:

Toppings bar

Cons:

Lots of tables but still very crowded

Reviewer: Miranda Review Date: 12/11/2018

My son and I shared a meal here and enjoyed it very much

Pros:

Good food, good portions, lots of seating.

Reviewer: sand935 Review Date: 09/30/2018

we like the burritos, our can order double chicken instead of beef and chicken. They are so big my husband and I split one,

Pros:

portion sizes

Cons:

area sometimes crowded

Reviewer: Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

love me some Pecos Bill

Pros:

love the toppings bar and taco bowls

Cons:

they don't always have taco bowls

Reviewer: Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

Best quick service food regarding the portions you get and the price you pay. Mexican style food with nothing very unique, but the food is very good, cheap for Disney and large portions. They have the condiment bar which is large and no extra cost

Pros:

large portions, great price, large condiment bar

Cons:

can be hard to get seating

Reviewer: Lauren kilpatrick Review Date: 09/27/2018

So good love the choices and goid quality

Pros:

Bar full of toppings

Cons:

Hard order with a stroller and go to toppings bar

Reviewer: wdwfam9 Review Date: 09/26/2018

Toppings bar is worth the overcrowdedness here! This was a good QS, not the best, but it got the job done.

Pros:

toppings bar

Cons:

can get very crowded

Reviewer: AmicableMattress Review Date: 10/09/2017

Huge portions of Mexican fare (veggie friendly) with large toppings bar- cheese, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa... If you hook it up right, 2-3 people could spit a burrito. Or eat half there & save other half for later. Who needs an expensive time consuming table service? So much tastier than Mickey's typical park fare.

Pros:

Lots of higher quality tasty healthy food

Reviewer: nlg0517 Review Date: 04/17/2017

This is the 1st we've eaten here since they switched to a Tex-Mex menu. My DS 14 & I each got nachos, DD 12 got macaroni & cheese. I liked that the nachos had both shredded & melted cheese (plastic cheese!). The beef had a good flavor but wasn't by too spicy. The restaurant offers a very large toppings bar that offers everything you would need to "fully load" your nacho. However, that doesn't mean everything will be available. I had to visit each station before I found a scoop of guacamole. It would be hard for even the best trained wait staff to stay on top of popular items like guacamole when people would fill the paper boats with it! It's almost like they didn't know other people were eating there. The macaroni is the basic cheesy kind offered at most Disney restaurants which my DD loves. There is pleanty of seating in the restaurant. I would recommend grabbing a table in a side dining room. It's quite & we found an outlet to charge phones right next to our table. It's a nice change from burgers & nuggets but don't expect fine Mexican food.

Pros:

Cost

Reviewer: GoRangers23 Review Date: 02/17/2017

My family of five absolutely loved the food here. It was so much better than the hamburgers and pork sandwiches they used to serve! The food was hot and flavorful and the toppings bar allows you to really make it your own. We all had the fajita platter, which is great because you can try both the Barbacoa and the chicken at the same time. It was so filling, I couldn't eat all of mine. The only reason I gave this restaurant a 9 instead of a 10 was because of the desserts. I usually love red velvet cake, but I am not really a fan of the little cake cups. It was ok, but not great. The churros would have been fantastic with the dipping sauce, but unfortunately they were not very fresh. This restaurant is already on our next vacation to-do list. 😁

Pros:

Great food! Much better than average counter service.

Cons:

The only thing slightly negative was the desserts.