Reviews of Pecos Bill Cafe

View Menus at Pecos Bill's Tall Tale Inn and Cafe Dining Location

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Read more about Pecos Bill Cafe here including a link to the menu: http://allears.net/dining/location/pecos-bills

Frontierland

Reviewed by DanInNH Review Date: 12/18/2018

We had not intended to stop and eat here, but it started to pour and it was a quick duck-in out of the weather. We should have just got wet and moved on. There were 4 of us - 3 had tacos - the same 3 of us got sick. Coincidence? I do not think so. What we had taste-wise was nothing to write home about...filled our bellies as we were hungry. But before we made it to POTC, one of us ran to the rest room and was ill. After POTC the 2nd of us got sick....and it took me the better part of an hour before I too succumbed.

Pros:

Ah.....it wasn't raining inside?

Cons:

what we ate didn't like us. at all.

Reviewed by ninjat Review Date: 07/25/2017

They used to have a great taco salad back when they served burgers, now they they have a bunch of bland options all served with black beans, this is supposed to be tex mex folks where are the pintos and refried beans black beans are not Tex Mex . The nachos had no cheese on them at all, put some grated chesse on at the toppings bar, but nachos without melted cheese are not nachos, the rest of the food was bland and served barely luke warm

Pros:

Cons:

Food is bland

Reviewed by ericbreuer Review Date: 02/14/2016

Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe --- Magic Kingdom Disney World
We haven't eaten at Pecos Bill Cafe in several months. They used to offer a Gulten Free bun with their burgers and other gluten free sides. This is no longer the case. When so many of the Disney restaurants are becominig so aware and making great strides in their gluten free choices, Pecos Bill took 3 steps backward. The ONLY thing offered as an Entree was a gluten free steak rice bowl , a chicken salad and loaded nachos. Who would risk the chance that their corn chips are not fried in the same oil as other gluten type items. They NO LONGER offer the gluten free roll, no more apple slices. What is wrong with the management of this Cafe? Our friends each had the burger that looked good enough. If they still offered the Gluten Free roll we would have had the same. But, just as well we didn't because they complained about the burgers being cold. When you spend $40.00 for 2 burgers and 2 sodas the burger should at least be at room temperature. Pecos Bill Lassoed us for the last time.

Pros:

Cons:

Little to No concern for food allergiess

Reviewed by lisadunn40 Review Date: 01/14/2015

We visited here on Dec 14...a MVMCP night. We mis-judged the time that some of the other restaurants would close for the party and start setting up for cookies and hot chocolate, so our choices were limited for dining. We were referred to Pecos Bill's by a cast member who told us of the places open during the party for food. I understand how busy that night of the party was (we heard it was sold out) but even on a slower day I can't imagine the service running any smoother or it being any cleaner. They were very disorganized at the ordering stations. The salad bar area was a mess. The tables were sticky. The food was cold and really not appetizing by the time it finally was ready. This was the first time we have ever eaten here and unfortunately it was the last. I do not recommend.

Pros:

Cons:

bad service, bad food, and not very clean

Reviewed by Ebersole2 Review Date: 08/11/2013

I cannot rave more about Walt Disney World. I am the ultimate fan. However, if there is something the Magic Kingdom could work on, it is its food. I read many reviews preparing for our Disney Vacation, and while much of the food in the park was discouraged, Pecos Bills was well-reviewed. Unfortunately, we were disappointed. Add it to the list of underwhelming, over-priced food at the Magic Kingdom.

While the fixing bar IS impressive, even good fixings cannot save a bad burger. The burgers here are dry dry dry and tasteless. The ordering station is chaotic, and the options are limiting. I had also read in almost every book and blog than one could order a double cheeseburger and just get an extra bun for about a dollar more, and when asked about the “secret” the clerk dismissed my request, quite rudely. Most Disney employers bend over backwards for good service! We will not go back to Pecos Bills, and we will not recommend it.

Pros:

rude counter service. dry, Bland, boring, over-priced food.

Cons:

almost everything - It was convient to sightseeing

Reviewed by John Review Date: 11/30/2015

I had the steak beef fajita and found the beef to be cold and tough. We used to love to eat at least once at Pecos Bill's during our trips to WDW, but will not return in the future.

Pros:

I am trying to think of some

Cons:

food was cold

Reviewed by Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 11/18/2015

We went here for a burger and totally forgot they changed the menu. We decided to eat here anyway and were very disappointed. My son had quesadillas and he said they were the worst he has ever had...almost no cheese inside. A quesadilla has to be the easiest thing in the world to prepare, right? My meal was pretty bland as well. We won't be returning.

Reviewed by bookworm_julie Review Date: 02/04/2014

It was 6pm and apparently this was the only quick service place in Magic Kingdom open for dinner so we were stuck eating here. The lines were not really that long (maybe four people ahead of us) but it easily took half an hour to order and get our food. And we ordered salads!
Mine was close to inedible - it came with chicken and it was an overcooked dry chicken breast that was not even sliced. I had to slice it myself which was really hard seeing as it was in a salad. My friend's salad came with chicken that was pre-sliced and not nearly as dried out.
Would not recommend this place to anyone, unless you are stuck for a place to eat, as we were.

Pros:

They served food

Cons:

The food was terrible, and so was the service

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/01/2019

Not very good. We ordered the chicken and beef tacos, as well as the beef nachos. Food was served at just above room temperature. The dip for the nachos was cold. I loved this place when it was more of a burger bar, now it is just above a Taco Bell

Pros:

Cons:

Felt like an airport fast food chain.

Reviewed by MWS Review Date: 11/13/2015

I was very excited to try the new menu at Pecos Bill, but unfortunately Disney seems to be continuing the tradition of serving bland, overcooked food at this venue. The lines to order were long and slow and the eating area was dirty, even with Cast Members constantly cleaning. The portions are large and we spilt the beef fajita platter, the meat, onions and peppers were all overcooked and the cilantro rice and beans had no flavor, we ended up tossing most of it. They need to add small serving cups to the toppings bar as there is nothing to use for the toppings.

Pros:

Cons:

Bland food, crowded