Reviews of Paradise Pier Hotel

Paradise Pier Hotel

Photo Gallery: http://allears.net/dlr/acc/g_pier2.htm

Disneyland On-site vs Off-site:

Reviewer: girldrgn8 Review Date: 06/21/2014

We stayed here June 7-11, 2014. Everything about our stay worked out perfectly. Our room was not a theme park view but we could see the pool if we looked down from our window. The room had 2 beds and a day bed which was great for us because our children (13 and 7) do not like sharing a bed. However if you have 2 larger children the daybed may not be very comfortable for them. Housekeeping was great at making sure our room was well stocked and clean. We didn't eat at our hotel so we can not comment on that. All the staff that we encountered throughout our stay was very helpful and friendly. We hope to make a trip back here again soon.

Pros:

Location, Rooms

Cons:

None that we found

Reviewer: jdetrick Review Date: 12/18/2013

I didn't expect much from Paradise Pier; however when bad weather made us stay in California longer and the Grand Californian couldn't give us a room for an extra night, we went across the street to Paradise Pier. The outside of the hotel is pretty standard as are most of the inside spaces, but that makes sense, since Disney didn't build the hotel. I think they did the best they could with what they had, and found the room décor to be charming. We had a 12th floor view of California Adventure, which was awesome! It was a very pleasant, if short, stay.

Pros:

Clean, whimsical room decor, some rooms have a fabulous view

Cons:

Not the usual Disney atmosphere, but they try

Reviewer: crazered Review Date: 11/03/2013

The pictures of the rooms shown on this site are NOT up to date.Room decor is much nicer. Beds were very comfortable.Hotel is a nice walking distance from the park and Downtown Disney. Elevators are very slow and the food at the hotel is just so so and overpriced.
Staff was very nice.

Pros:

nice location-comfortable

Cons:

food not good

Reviewer: cinderlisa Review Date: 10/25/2013

We were very excited for our family's first DLR onsite stay. I was so happy that the room was clean and perfectly maintained upon check in. We loved the Disney touches and beach ball pillows.

There was a snafu at check in where we were told our Fantasmic viewing tickets were included in the paperwork given to me-they weren't, and I spent about 2 hours tracking them down but City Hall at Disneyland was finally able to help me. They turned out to be at PPH front desk the whole time...extremely frustrating.

Every afternoon there was a pool party and the staff was wonderful with our 3 year old son. He was too little to really do or understand most of the games but he was enthusiastic and the activity directors helped him feel included every time.

The Surf's Up breakfast was the best character meal we've ever done, and we've done many.

Loved being able to walk through the Grand Californian Hotel to save time, and so nice not to have to rely on shuttles to get to the parks. We are sold on onsite stays and will definitely be back!

Pros:

Clean, extra magic hours benefit, Surf's Up breakfast, roomy

Cons:

Check in issues, slow elevators

Reviewer: omalley1118 Review Date: 08/31/2013

We just stayed here this week for 7 nights and loved it!!! This was our first stay at DLR with the kids. The room was light and airy with a cute beach theme. Loved the beach ball pillows and lamp!! It was great having the fridge, but we could have used a bigger bathroom. I am used to staying in the DVC rooms with extra room...

The meals were good that we had there. We LOVED the Surfs Up character breakfast!!! The characters were great.

The only thing I didn't care for was the pool, although the kids loved it!!! I thought it was very small with few tables around it.

Pros:

Location, staff

Cons:

Small pool

Reviewer: jdnwebster Review Date: 02/10/2013

We stayed here for the Tinkerbell Half. Loved the convenience of staying right by the start and finish line. We didn't go to the parks since it was a short weekend for the race only. Just my husband and I were traveling and it was perfect for us. We were just a short walk to Downtown where we had a few meals. The decor was very cute with a beachy theme. The pool was nothing spectacular but water was nice and area was clean. Our only complaint was that the walls seemed thin. We heard neighbors and people in the hallway during the day. The night was quiet though. I would stay here again. I must mention that we did rent a car and expected to pay the daily self-park fee. At check-in, the cast member was kind enough to inform us that the fee was waived for DVC members and reminded us to ask about DVC discounts as more places were offering them.

Pros:

clean room, friendly staff, location to Downtown

Cons:

thin walls