Reviews of Overall Impressions of Castaway Cay, Disney's private island

Castaway Cay is Disney's private island in the Caribbean. Please leave your overall impressions of the island, its beach and other facilities.

Reviewer: janiceb402 Review Date: 09/26/2018

I went to the cay with my family. They are all water babies and they really loved it. Except for the childcare center, which was nowhere near as good as on the ship. I am not a water baby. I enjoyed my lunch and took a tour of the cay, but there wasn't much for me to do. I ended up going back to the ship early where I reaped the benefits of having so many people gone - lots of room for those who stayed on the ship. Next time I go, I think that I will go there for lunch (different variety of food than on the ship) and then return to the ship and enjoy it in its uncrowded version.

Pros:

good lunch, leaves more room on the ship

Cons:

not a place for non-water babies

Reviewer: Steph w Review Date: 09/26/2018

Castaway cay is amazing!!! We went to Serenity Bay the adult only area and had a cabana. It was totally worth the money. Shade, comfy chairs & a fridge. The beach was great too.

Pros:

Quiet, cabana worth it, great beach, food was yummy.

Reviewer: bellebookworm9 Review Date: 02/26/2018

What an awesome way to spend our final day on the cruise! We were able to watch the docking and sailing away happen from our aft, port side room. We disembarked around 9:30 to make it to our 10am Castaway Ray’s excursion. Took the tram to the first stop and the Family Beach closest to Ray’s and the snorkel beach had plenty of open chairs, even close to the water!

The water was so clear and beautiful. Our cruise director said this was the nicest weather the Wonder had encountered at Castaway in several weeks so we were thrilled! Even wandering down to the far end of the Family Beach after lunch, we saw many open lounge chairs, though I imagine it gets fuller when the two larger ships dock.

We didn’t make it down to Pelican Plunge, Serenity Bay or the observation tower as we had some more things we wanted to do on the ship. Next time I’ll definitely try to spend the entire day on the island.

We did browse the merchandise shops and the selection was okay but didn’t find anything that really called to me so I didn’t end up making any purchases.

The merchandise wasn’t

Pros:

Clean, beautiful, relaxing

Cons:

Reviewer: mamandragon Review Date: 11/01/2017

What a nice way to spend the day. Very well organized and well kept.

Pros:

Beautiful Spot

Reviewer: Kate27 Review Date: 04/07/2017

I've only been here twice but we LOVE it! Favorite day of the cruise. The tram is great for getting from place to place. Serenity Bay is heavenly. The included lunch is great. It's just so much fun to stroll in the beautiful sunshine, soak in the water, snorkel, shop. So much fun!

Pros:

beautiful, well kept, staff, things to do

Reviewer: Ranger275 Review Date: 05/14/2014

This is the best part of a very great vacation. What isn't good about this place? lots to do, beautiful views, great beaches and lots of good food. We would go here every day of the cruise.

We were on the Wonder which was great because the crowd was a lot smaller on the island. You can tell the island is set up for the bigger ships now as getting a chair or a place to sit was easy. We love coming here and wish more of the cruises stopped here twice.

Pros:

Beautiful, fun, food was good, very relaxing

Reviewer: Dawnmh Review Date: 03/04/2014

How could you not love it? What a wonderful place! Beautiful! Again, wonderful staff, clean island and fun! It was the best thing about our cruise!

We did the stingray adventure, which i read mixed reviews about, but we loved it. My little boy is 5yo and it was a great experience for him bc he isnt old enough for the full snorkeling adventures! He loved touching the rays too!

The food was great at the bbq place. Wonderful ribs, then they sliced fresh fruit ! I love a fresh pineapple!!!

The beach was beautiful and the in the water jungle gym was cool! That day the pelican plunge was not working which was disappointing, but we still had a good time. Glad i didnt pay for a cabana, the family beach was enjoyable!

I wish we didnt stop at nassau and had more time at the island. Even a longer day would be great! Im sure the island would be so beautiful at night!

I hope disney keeps this a private cruise island and doesnt put a resort on it, it would ruin it!

Pros:

Cons:

Not enough time there!