Reviews of Old Key West Resort (Disney Vacation Club)

A Disney Vacation Club Property located in the Disney Springs resort area.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_okw.htm

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 10/13/2018

This was the first time we stayed at old key west. Every thing was perfect. Rooms are large and everyone was friendly. This

Pros:

Quiet. Large rooms

Cons:

Food area was small

Reviewer: sand935 Review Date: 09/30/2018

Wass a long trip from checking in to get to our room. Rooms are very large but dark, our room had trees outside so balcony was in the shade. Liked takin the boat to Disney springs.

Pros:

large rooms

Cons:

wait time for buses

Reviewer: scott leary Review Date: 09/28/2018

stayed there for 9 nites . arrived the Tuesday after hurricane Irene . Even after the storm , cast members were AWESOME ! our room was ready and clean . we love OKW because it is quiet . we were at turtle pond ( great location ) it was close to bus stop and pool .

Pros:

1. it’s quiet 2. always friendly cast members 3. peaceful boat ride to Disney springs

Cons:

none!

Reviewer: plygph Review Date: 09/27/2018

Most overlooked DVC Resort

Pros:

Large rooms easy transportation shopping at the store

Cons:

Couldn’t find any

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa here for the first time this past August and it exceeded all our expectations. From the moment we arrived, we were greeted by friendly, eager to please cast members. The rooms were spacious and clean. I had some concerns about the bus system, but it was \"spot-on\", especially the internal bus. We will definitely stay here again>

Pros:

Courteous and friendly CM, size of rooms, location

Cons:

For us, there were no cons

Reviewer: Jen Review Date: 09/26/2018

We styed here in October 2017. We had 9 family members with us and had a 2 bedroom villa. OKW has some of the biggest rooms in Disney and it was great having a washer, dryer and full kitchen for those days we just hung around the resort.

Pros:

large rooms, washer, dryer, kitchen

Cons:

rather large resort, can be far from main building

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

We were very pleased with our stay at OKW. The 1 bedroom suite had a feel of home! Very spacious rooms. Short walk to bus stop. And Olivia’s restaurant is a hidden gem...delicious!

Pros:

Spacious Rooms, quaint atmosphere

Cons:

Transportation

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

guess I am partial..my home resort and our favorite DVC property to stay at..love the size of the studios with 2 beds!!

Pros:

2 beds and quiet resort

Cons:

buses slow

Reviewer: allec999 Review Date: 03/11/2018

First time staying at OKW. It was a short stay, only a couple nights. As other reviews have stated, the room was huge. We were in a 1-bedroom, and it was surprising how big it was. The furniture was showing a bit of wear, but nothing that mattered. It's a scenic resort, but a bit too spread out for my tastes, and other than its proximity to Disney Springs, not a great location. Check in was fine, staff were really great (more on that below). Road construction really slowed down traffic throughout the resort, which was a pain.

I left a baseball hat at the pool, which ordinarily wouldn't be too big of a deal, but my mother-in-law had this hat made for me, and we were heading off to visit said mother-in-law directly after we checked out. So when I asked at the main desk, and the woman came walking out from the back room with my hat, I reacted like a kid at Disney World.

Overall, a nice resort, perfect for a short stay like ours.

Pros:

Room size

Cons:

Construction

Reviewer: slapps Review Date: 11/02/2017

We once again stayed at our home resort from 10/21-10/26/2017. As always we had a great experience. Our room was ready when we arrived at about 12:30 pm. We had requested a room in Building 62, which is where we stayed. We were on the 3rd floor in a studio which was fine. There is an elevator in this building. We had a very slight problem with check in, I asked to make sure we did not receive early check out. When I checked again several days later Peggy at the front desk had not made sure this was taken care of. Our room was clean and in pretty good shape. I think Disney is in the process of up-grading the villas one at a time. I saw several crews working on closed off buildings. The managers, especially Paul and Rodney were extremely helpful. Another very good experience.

Pros:

Great area, staff and amenities.