Reviews of 'Ohana Best Friends Character Breakfast

View Menus at 'Ohana Dining Location

Breakfast Menu

Family Style brought Table Side

Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/ohana/breakfast

Review: http://land.allears.net/blogs/kristin-ford/2013/07/_one_of_the_highlights.html

Reviewed by kellylsmith Review Date: 03/18/2017

This was our first time for breakfast at O'Hana. We enjoyed the food. It is nice that the food is served to you (rather than a buffet) - much easier to be available for the characters to come around. Service was good. You can have as much food as you like. Only negative was we had to wait quite a while for our table which forced our whole meal to be rushed as we had a plane to catch! This was our longest wait with an ADR for a table all week. Also, I felt like the characters were not as interactive with the guests as they are at other locations.

Pros:

Cons:

Wait

Reviewed by mindylee847 Review Date: 03/02/2015

I felt extremely rushed while here for breakfast. It took the characters forever to get around and by the time they did, they went really quick through the interactions.

I loved the Stitch waffles though, very nice touch. I also love the POG juice. Can't get enough of that stuff!

Pros:

Stitch Waffles, Attentive Servers

Cons:

Fast Paced

Reviewed by Environmentalist Review Date: 07/23/2014

Our group of fourteen had a late brunch at Ohana one morning. Our check-in was for 10:45. We arrived at 10:40. We weren't seated until 11:30. I understand delays, especially with a large group, but 45 minutes is excessive, as we had five hungry kids.

Once seated, the meal went smoothly. Fresh fruit and passion-fruit juice were excellent. Family style meal was ample and tasty. The characters came by the table and spent a decent amount of time with each child. The meal was relaxing and enjoyable and we didn't feel rushed to leave, even though the restaurant technically closed while we were there.

I would recommend Ohana, but don't need to return. You can get just a good a meal at Kona Cafe, without the long wait.

Pros:

Good food, fun atmosphere, relaxed character interaction

Cons:

LOOONG wait to be seated

Reviewed by memakwed Review Date: 12/28/2013

Again a character meal but not to much character interaction quick single pic and that was it. Seemed to have to bring out lots of what we needed because they would bring such a small amount for 5 people. Mickey waffles are always nice. Juice is excellent. Some type of blend. I had the most of that. The scrambled eggs are my mom's favorite. She looks forward to them. the sausage has a different flavor so some of us like it and others do not. The potato wedges are a bit dry but plentiful. Biscuits come in the skillet too but we didn't really eat those at all. We needed a lot more bacon to make it so everyone had 2 or 3 pieces. the bread and fruit to start is minimal and hard for everyone to have some of what they like. Waitress was attentive and tried to make sure we had what we wanted. We paid OOP and for 4 adults and 1 child I believe it was $127ish before tip. Parent's paid as a early xmas present.

Pros:

eggs

Cons:

waiting

Reviewed by maze4 Review Date: 10/06/2017

We arrived at our home resort Poly on 9/21. We had ressies at 9:55am at Ohana since our flight didn't arrive until 745am. We went to check in and dropped our bags at Bell svcs and went upstairs to check in. There was a line wrapped all around the top floor almost to Kona Cafe to get in line to get a pic of Stitch. I have read on line that he no longer goes around at breakfast. You stand in line get a pic then check in for meal. We waited over 30 min. Then you felt rushed. He did sign autograph books as I also read that Disney was doing away with that and giving you a signed card. Didn't see that anywhere. After getting pic we went to be seated. It was our luck that the characters had just finished being in our area and was starting over again at the other side of the restaurant. Our waiter came and stared to bring food. He never asked what we wanted to drink. My husband asked twice for a bloody mary and did finally get it but we were just about done eating. The juice they serve is sweet and my kids didn't like it but I know others do. They would have preferred water or soft drinks which wasn't offered. The food was ok. The pineapple bread was sweet and no one liked except for myself. The biscuits were hard like they had been under a heat lamp too long and the eggs were runny. Family liked the ham, sausage and fruit. They brought out cupcakes for anniversary and ds bday. We did this since our flight was so early in am and we wanted to eat before going over to Epcot for the day. Also my daughter wanted to get Lilo autograph. We had been done eating and waited for the characters to come and finally after about an hour they all came at once and wanted to get a group pic instead of individual. I wasn't happy with that at all. My dd9 did get a pic with Lilo and as long as she was happy I was ok. This will probably be a one and done with us. We are DVC & AP members and visit frequently and like so many other places for the quality of food. Visit here if you need to see Lilo because she isn't found anywhere else. *** My husband LOVED LOVED his Bloody Mary and oderes these drinks everywhere and he said this was the BEST ever!!!! He ordered it extra spicy.

Pros:

Meeting Lilo, stitch

Cons:

Waiting in line for Stitch

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/12/2019

Very rushed

Pros:

Characters

Cons:

Super rushed.

Reviewed by toolmanjan Review Date: 01/10/2017

We ate here 12/23

I understand that this is a character breakfast. There is value in the ability to meet Lilo & Stitch.

The service was good. The food was disappointing. Cold Mickey waffles, over cooked bacon and luke warm eggs.

When we were finished eating and we're trying enjoy our coffee for a few minutes. They started to bus our table and their body language was clear that we were expected to vacate the table.

If you just want your picture with Lilo or Stitch track them down in the parks. Next time that's what we'll do!

Pros:

Characters & Service

Cons:

Value and Just basic no-frills breackfast Rushed

Reviewed by GSHROUT Review Date: 01/08/2016

I was disappointed this trip, I've eaten there in the past and it was better, The characters were being rushed by their handlers. The food in the past was brought out in separate bowls, this time it was all lumped into one large bowl. Server forgot who we were and spent most of his time on the table next to us, was it something we said? His other tables seemed like they needed attention as well. To bad gratuity was automatically included with the bill. Most definitely will pass this one by next time we take the grand-kids.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

Food was not up to par. Server seemed aloof.

Reviewed by MWS Review Date: 03/09/2017

Was very excited to try the breakfast since everyone seems to love it, but it was probably one of our least favorite character meals.. The place was packed and we were seated about 15 minutes after our reservation time, the bread we were given on arrival was dry and lacked flavor. It took a long time before our server showed up to take the drink order, however we were given a carafe of the POG juice, which was a nice touch but we had to ask for the fruit plate and syrup for the waffles. When we finally received the skillet of eggs, sausage, bacon and potatoes and waffles, the food was cold and lacked seasoning. The character interaction was fine. For the price, Chef Mickey is a much better value.

Pros:

Characters

Cons:

Price, food

Reviewed by eeyore74 Review Date: 08/25/2013

The characters were great especially since my daughter loves Stitch. However I have allergies and when the waitress came over she saw the ticket and said, "oh I can't give you anything until the chef comes over." Which is fine but when this is your last meal of your Disney trip and every other waiter/waitress has said "oh you have allergies the chef will be over to talk to you
u but I can get you something to drink in the mean time." A person who is thirsty tries to ask for water but the waitress is gone. She even takes the coffee away. Then she was also very nasty and acted like a fool by jumping up and down yelling for the chef to come to our table. When I told the chef he wasn't serving anything I was allergic to, which is shrimp (this was breakfast) he rolled his eyes at me. The waitress came back and told my daughter to try this juice that she never said what it was. First of all she should of asked if we allow her to drink juice which we don't. Then she kept saying things like you don't want me to lose my job do you that's why I couldn't serve you. A drink of water really? She never told us what there was to drink. I didn't eat because one the food looked like it was under cooked. We spoke to the manager but it was too little too late. I didn't want to eat something from there hotel. I will never go back here again.

Pros:

The characters

Cons:

Everything else

Other topics in Polynesian Village