Reviews of 'Ohana Best Friends Character Breakfast

View Menus at 'Ohana Dining Location

Family Style brought Table Side

Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/ohana/breakfast

Review: http://land.allears.net/blogs/kristin-ford/2013/07/_one_of_the_highlights.html

Reviewer: MWS Review Date: 03/09/2017

Was very excited to try the breakfast since everyone seems to love it, but it was probably one of our least favorite character meals.. The place was packed and we were seated about 15 minutes after our reservation time, the bread we were given on arrival was dry and lacked flavor. It took a long time before our server showed up to take the drink order, however we were given a carafe of the POG juice, which was a nice touch but we had to ask for the fruit plate and syrup for the waffles. When we finally received the skillet of eggs, sausage, bacon and potatoes and waffles, the food was cold and lacked seasoning. The character interaction was fine. For the price, Chef Mickey is a much better value.

Pros:

Characters

Cons:

Price, food

Reviewer: eeyore74 Review Date: 08/25/2013

The characters were great especially since my daughter loves Stitch. However I have allergies and when the waitress came over she saw the ticket and said, "oh I can't give you anything until the chef comes over." Which is fine but when this is your last meal of your Disney trip and every other waiter/waitress has said "oh you have allergies the chef will be over to talk to you
u but I can get you something to drink in the mean time." A person who is thirsty tries to ask for water but the waitress is gone. She even takes the coffee away. Then she was also very nasty and acted like a fool by jumping up and down yelling for the chef to come to our table. When I told the chef he wasn't serving anything I was allergic to, which is shrimp (this was breakfast) he rolled his eyes at me. The waitress came back and told my daughter to try this juice that she never said what it was. First of all she should of asked if we allow her to drink juice which we don't. Then she kept saying things like you don't want me to lose my job do you that's why I couldn't serve you. A drink of water really? She never told us what there was to drink. I didn't eat because one the food looked like it was under cooked. We spoke to the manager but it was too little too late. I didn't want to eat something from there hotel. I will never go back here again.

Pros:

The characters

Cons:

Everything else

Reviewer: GSHROUT Review Date: 01/08/2016

I was disappointed this trip, I've eaten there in the past and it was better, The characters were being rushed by their handlers. The food in the past was brought out in separate bowls, this time it was all lumped into one large bowl. Server forgot who we were and spent most of his time on the table next to us, was it something we said? His other tables seemed like they needed attention as well. To bad gratuity was automatically included with the bill. Most definitely will pass this one by next time we take the grand-kids.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

Food was not up to par. Server seemed aloof.

Reviewer: toolmanjan Review Date: 01/10/2017

We ate here 12/23

I understand that this is a character breakfast. There is value in the ability to meet Lilo & Stitch.

The service was good. The food was disappointing. Cold Mickey waffles, over cooked bacon and luke warm eggs.

When we were finished eating and we're trying enjoy our coffee for a few minutes. They started to bus our table and their body language was clear that we were expected to vacate the table.

If you just want your picture with Lilo or Stitch track them down in the parks. Next time that's what we'll do!

Pros:

Characters & Service

Cons:

Value and Just basic no-frills breackfast Rushed

Reviewer: maze4 Review Date: 10/06/2017

We arrived at our home resort Poly on 9/21. We had ressies at 9:55am at Ohana since our flight didn't arrive until 745am. We went to check in and dropped our bags at Bell svcs and went upstairs to check in. There was a line wrapped all around the top floor almost to Kona Cafe to get in line to get a pic of Stitch. I have read on line that he no longer goes around at breakfast. You stand in line get a pic then check in for meal. We waited over 30 min. Then you felt rushed. He did sign autograph books as I also read that Disney was doing away with that and giving you a signed card. Didn't see that anywhere. After getting pic we went to be seated. It was our luck that the characters had just finished being in our area and was starting over again at the other side of the restaurant. Our waiter came and stared to bring food. He never asked what we wanted to drink. My husband asked twice for a bloody mary and did finally get it but we were just about done eating. The juice they serve is sweet and my kids didn't like it but I know others do. They would have preferred water or soft drinks which wasn't offered. The food was ok. The pineapple bread was sweet and no one liked except for myself. The biscuits were hard like they had been under a heat lamp too long and the eggs were runny. Family liked the ham, sausage and fruit. They brought out cupcakes for anniversary and ds bday. We did this since our flight was so early in am and we wanted to eat before going over to Epcot for the day. Also my daughter wanted to get Lilo autograph. We had been done eating and waited for the characters to come and finally after about an hour they all came at once and wanted to get a group pic instead of individual. I wasn't happy with that at all. My dd9 did get a pic with Lilo and as long as she was happy I was ok. This will probably be a one and done with us. We are DVC & AP members and visit frequently and like so many other places for the quality of food. Visit here if you need to see Lilo because she isn't found anywhere else. *** My husband LOVED LOVED his Bloody Mary and oderes these drinks everywhere and he said this was the BEST ever!!!! He ordered it extra spicy.

Pros:

Meeting Lilo, stitch

Cons:

Waiting in line for Stitch

Reviewer: edvan Review Date: 01/23/2019

Had breakfast on January 21,2019. It was pretty easy to find the reservation. Just that. Reservation was for 11:10. Got seated at 12:15 after asking the hostess. We were just two. The server immediately offered us coffee. The bread (I call it a coffee cake) was good and fresh. After a few minutes we got our fruit plate. Then the food. It was hot and fresh. Our sever kept coming with refills for the juice and asking if we needed something. We were almost leaving, when the characters arrive. Overall it was a good experience except for the long wait to be seated. People should be more considerate with other people waiting for their table. Expensive, but probably do it again.

Pros:

Pretty good for common breakfast items. Waffles were great. Eggs were to my taste. Service was good.

Cons:

Waited too long to be seated.

Reviewer: tiffynicole1984 Review Date: 12/29/2018

Expensive if not on dining plan. Two adults for breakfast is over $80! My boyfriend and I ate here on Monday December 3rd, 2018. POG juice is very good and I appreciate the Lilo & Stitch characters as they're harder to find in the parks nowadays. Just be forewarned that when we left breakfast the line for the monorail was ENORMOUS so luckily I knew you could leave the Polynesian by boat also. The line extended from the monorail entrance all the way back to Ohana!

Pros:

Stitch, POG juice

Cons:

Long line for monorail when you leave, expensive if not on dining plan

Reviewer: lauri Review Date: 06/26/2017

The food was fairly basic, nothing special. Scrambled eggs, Mickey Waffles, microwave bacon, sausage, and potatoes.
We all enjoyed the fruit platter and the bread. Juice and Coffee were also excellent. We were not really worried about seeing the characters, but there were a few tables around us that had young kids that did not get to have the character interactions that I'm sure they were expecting. We saw Pluto, and that was it. We used our dining plan, but the price seemed a little steep for a basic meal and hit or miss with the characters. Our server was very nice.

Pros:

fresh fruit, good coffee and juice

Cons:

Characters did not get around to our section

Reviewer: kellylsmith Review Date: 03/18/2017

This was our first time for breakfast at O'Hana. We enjoyed the food. It is nice that the food is served to you (rather than a buffet) - much easier to be available for the characters to come around. Service was good. You can have as much food as you like. Only negative was we had to wait quite a while for our table which forced our whole meal to be rushed as we had a plane to catch! This was our longest wait with an ADR for a table all week. Also, I felt like the characters were not as interactive with the guests as they are at other locations.

Pros:

Cons:

Wait

Reviewer: mindylee847 Review Date: 03/02/2015

I felt extremely rushed while here for breakfast. It took the characters forever to get around and by the time they did, they went really quick through the interactions.

I loved the Stitch waffles though, very nice touch. I also love the POG juice. Can't get enough of that stuff!

Pros:

Stitch Waffles, Attentive Servers

Cons:

Fast Paced