Reviews of Nine Dragons - China - Epcot

Children's Lunch/Dinner Menu

Cuisines: Other/Ethnic

Cuisines: Asian

Cuisines: Asian
Read more about Nine Dragons including links to the menus here:

Full Service Restaurant

Reviewed by disneydiner Review Date: 06/18/2019

Nine Dragons was a favorite for years and then the quality of the food fell off and we ate elsewhere. I decided to try it again and ate here during my last two WDW visits and enjoyed it very much. On my most recent trip, my niece and I had Kung Pau chicken and it was very good but a little too spice for me after awhile. The portion was huge so it would be a perfect dish to share. My sister enjoyed her honey sesame chicken. Our waiter was very kind answering questions and making suggestions. The restaurant itself is just beautiful. On my previous visit I had Moo Goo Gai Pan (lunch menu) and it was super. I don't know why it's not on the dinner menu-I think it should be.

Pros:

Beautiful restaurant-good food-reasonable prices

Cons:

Only uncoated chicken available at dinner is the Kung Pau-hot (but tasty)

Reviewed by Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

I would rate this lower, I don't really like this place, but my wife and my kids love it and most people I talk to like it. The staff has always been good and you can usually get a reservation. The food isn't to me any different than Chinese food you can get at most any decent Chinese restaurant, maybe even not as good.

Pros:

Easy to get a reservation, staff very nice

Cons:

Seems to be ordinary or maybe even less than average Chinese

Reviewed by Susan Kowalski Review Date: 09/26/2018

This is my favorite restaurant at Epcot - which is saying something! Every time I have been there the hostess and waitresses have been so friendly. The wait is typically very short - I am usually seated within minutes of checking in. For times that you do have to wait to be seated they have a small lobby with some benches to sit on.

They offer a typical Chinese menu. Everything I have ever tried has been delicious and the servings are generous. My favorite item on their menu is the Kung Pao Chicken. You can order it spicy or extra spicy. I love the extra spicy, but if it is your first time ordering it, I would recommend going with the spicy - as those dried chili peppers can get intense!

The atmosphere is traditional Chinese, including place-mats with the Chinese calendar that lets you figure out which sign you are. There is not really any good viewing outside of the restaurant (example: no fireworks viewing), but it is a great place to take a break to get out of the heat during the day. HIGHLY recommended!

Pros:

Food is delicious; Wait staff is very good; big restaurant with plenty of seating so reservations are usually not required.

Cons:

Only have Chinese food available (that I know of).

Reviewed by Lanmon Review Date: 12/10/2017

We had lunch here on our last day at WDW. We quickly moved to another location because the next table was very loud. The host was very accommodating and we sat in a quiet section. The four pot sticker appetizers were good. We both had Kung Pao Shrimp...13 shrimp, nuts and sauce with one scoop of rice. It was pretty good. No hot tea. Service was good. The food was served quickly and efficiently. We will return to Nine Dragons.

Pros:

Cons:

No Hot tea

Reviewed by Swin1989 Review Date: 04/30/2017

DH and I ate here for the first time on March 6, 2017. It was good, but not someplace we'd eat again. Just not the type of Chinese food we like. I had the Nine Dragon's fried rice. It was very good. DH, the picky one, had the honey sesame chicken. He said it was good. Just not something he'd be in a rush to order again. So we are glad we tried it. But not sure we'd eat there again. Beautiful restaurant and the service was great.

Pros:

food, atmosphere, service

Reviewed by johnp Review Date: 09/03/2016

Just ate there about 2 hours ago. Food was OK, waiter was responsive. The hostesses were terrible. Be forewarned that if you DON'T have a reservation in a EMPTY restaurant, despite it being nearly empty, you will be seated near a large loud group at an adjacent table because you dared walk into the restaurant without a reservation. You can make your own assumptions, but we had it happen at Epcots Hacienda San Angel the night before. Half empty and they put us in a back corner, the only place in the restaurant where you could NOT see the Illuminations show from the restaurant. They were quite smug about not being able to seat us in a better area. Back to 9 Dragons - When our meals arrived, the waiter was corteous enough to move us further away to a quieter area, after speaking to a hostess, who just shrugged her shoulders when he spoke to her. To verify the maliciousnes of the hostesses, my daughter noted that as we left, none of the hostesses bid us goodbye, but one simply rolled her eyes at us. Well, certainly not the first time an antisocial hostess treated us like crap. Negative 1 star except for the waiter, who gets 5 stars. Food was 3 stars. Avoid this place like the plague.

Pros:

waiter was responsive

Cons:

watresses were inattentive, aloof, snobby

Reviewed by nlg0517 Review Date: 01/14/2016

We ate here the 1st week of Nov. we picked this place because we hadn't eaten here before and it was one of the few TS that had availability at this busy time. Our server was very good. He didn't rush us but he was always checking to make sure we had everything. I had the evening special which was basically honey chicken with extra black pepper. My DH had the spicy beef. This wasn't any better than your neighborhood Chinese place. The ginger cake was enjoyable, very light. There are other places to eat at EPCOT that are better, so I can't recommend going here if you don't regularly travel to WDW.

Pros:

Available

Reviewed by DisneyDana Review Date: 10/30/2015

Unfortunately I have to go with the old standard review of Nine Dragons that has always stood. Very overpriced, average Chinese food. We were here during the food and wine festival and while the restaurant was very crowded, we were able to walk right in and get seated without a reservation. The place was nice looking on the inside. This was the first time I had ever been there and I have always avoided it due to bad reviews ever since the mid 90's. I have been on a mission to at least try every table service restaurant in Epcot once so I decided to bite the bullet. I wish I hadn't. I ordered the spring rolls which were mushy, and for an entree I had the Kung Pao Chicken. It was probably the worst dish I've had in a long time. It was nothing but chicken and crunchy peanuts in a sickly sweet sauce. There was a ton of it, but after a couple of bites I just couldn't eat any more. Just mouthful after mouthful of a whole bunch of peanuts. Gross! My boyfriend got the spare ribs and fried rice which was markedly better than the Kung Pao but still not very good. I ended up eating what he couldn't just because I needed to eat something. The fried rice was very bland. Neither one of us was very satisfied when we left. It was on par or possibly even below the kind of Chinese you get when you go to the mall food court.

Pros:

You can usually walk up and get a table

Cons:

bad food

Reviewed by Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 04/25/2015

I really enjoyed this restaurant. It was very crowded, however, my server was very efficient and attentive. I had the dumplings and the honey chicken. You get a lot of food and really do not need an appetizer, but I tried them because they were recommended by a friend. I would definitely go again.

Reviewed by JoanneS Review Date: 01/21/2015

I was skeptical about dining here. But we ate here the afternoon of January 10th and had a wonderful meal. I had the five spice fish which was freshly prepared, so there was a bit of a wait. The portion was a good size and came with steamed rice. I Loved it! The Jasmine Iced Tea was delicious. The service was attentive and professional. Can't wait to go back.

Pros:

Fresh Food, Excellent Service

Cons:

can't think of any