Reviews of Narcoossee's

View Menus at Narcoossee's Dining Location

Full Service Dinner

Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/narcoossees/dinner
Child's Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/narcoossees/child-dinner

Photo Review: http://land.allears.net/blogs/guestblog/2010/01/narcoossees_at_the_grand_flori_1.html

Reviewer: tiffynicole1984 Review Date: 12/29/2018

Speaking of Narcossees, I was very much looking forward to eating here but we were disappointed. My boyfriend and I ate here for dinner Monday night, December 3, 2018. The food and waiter Amer were excellent but the service was more than slow and they were letting people into the restaurant dressed wearing tank tops, badly ripped jeans, hoodies, and baggy swim shorts. I thought there was a dress code?! I wore a backpack around the Magic Kingdom all day with clothes to change into and it was upsetting to see this. Those people shouldn’t have been allowed into the restaurant. Otherwise, then don’t have dress codes if you allow people not to follow them. Our reservation was at 7:20pm and I had tickets for $125 each for Disney After Hours @ MK starting at 10pm on Monday night December 3rd. We got there early around 7pm and we didn’t get out the restaurant till after 10pm!!! There’s no reason for a restaurant to take over three hours!!!!! Our waiter was more than attentive to my nut allergy and it’s a beautiful restaurant but because of how slow the service is and how people were allowed to dress, I don’t think we’ll return. We got to After Hours a half-hour late because of this and then Mine Train kept breaking down so we kept wasting time trying to get on it so all together I paid $250 plus tax for two After Hours tickets when I could only use them for two hours instead of three.

Pros:

Good server, beautiful restaurant

Cons:

SLOW service - over three hours! , people allowed into restaurant badly dressed when there's a dress code, people stand in front of your view outside on the balcony to watch fireworks

Reviewer: mawdryn Review Date: 07/16/2017

We had dinner here at 5pm on the 4th of July. We were a party of 7. We were seated promptly at a table in front of a window with a view of the castle. The food and service was perfect! We have dined here several times and have never been disappointed. We will definitely return, as this is a much do each time we visit, which is often...
Being able to watch the fireworks from the porch was an added bonus, especially since it was the 4th of July...

Pros:

Decor, Atmosphere, Food and Service

Reviewer: tiggeress Review Date: 02/07/2017

We had never eaten here but always wanted to, so I made it happen on our latest trip. While the food was delicious, I was a little disappointed in the décor and atmosphere. The tables are close together, and the décor and seating is more fitting to a quick service restaurant. I looked at the photos and thought that they must be bad pictures, and that it must be more upscale in person. It really wasn't.

Our server was attentive and informative, but talked a little too much for my taste. The view is lovely, and we were able to see the MK, including Space Mountain and the castle, along with the Contemporary. It rained slightly while we were there, and there was an amazing rainbow across the water by the Contemporary which was glowing from the sunset from the west. It was beautiful.

The cheese plate, along with the good port wine I had for desert was incredible, and I highly recommend both. In fact, I loved the cheese plate, and to think I almost didn't order desert, because I usually don't, but it came with our meal plan. I almost licked the plate it was so good.

I just think that it's time for a major décor change here, and then it would be pretty perfect.

Pros:

Food, View

Cons:

Decor Not As Special, Slightly Dated

Reviewer: secondstar2rt Review Date: 10/12/2016

Let me start by saying our meal was completely comped. We went to Narcoossee for my birthday dinner on our last night. We were seated in a timely manner. Our somewhat disheveled looking waiter arrived to take our drink orders. My daughter told him that not only were we celebrating my birthday, but today actually was my birthday. The waiter replied to her "okay, what do you want to drink". Not a word to me. We ordered drinks and appetizers. The waiter refilled my husband's wine but never asked any of the rest of us if we wanted another drink. My daughter and son-in-law's food arrived but it was another 10 minutes until my husband and my halibut arrived. No apology for the wait. My first bite of halibut and I thought 'this is crunchy'. I turned the fish over and the bottom to totally burned. My husband turned his over and it was dark brown but not as black as mine. We called the waiter over and he said 'ya, I cook a lot of halibut and I could tell it wasn't right.' Well why did he serve it? He said he would bring new plates to us immediately. Another 15 to 20 minutes later he brought the new plates. In all this time my daughter and son in law had of course finished their meal and the waiter had not bothered to check on us once. Our water glasses were not even refilled. When the new plates finally came, my husband was so angry he said 'i'm not eating this' and went to find the manager. She apologized profusely and said that our experience was unacceptable. She said our whole meal would be comped. We offered to pay for the part of the dinner that was good but she refused.
We have visited Narcoossee many times before and always had impeccable food and service. Unfortunately, this was a much planned and anticipated birthday dinner and we didn't even get to eat.

Pros:

reputation

Cons:

many

Reviewer: DePasquale Review Date: 07/07/2016

This was our first dining experience on the deluxe meal plan (signature) and it made us ask, do meal plan guests get un-preferred seating, near the entries? Considering the price, my lobster wasn't great, our apps were and food coming out did look special. PS, I don't think the meal plan effects seating.

Pros:

Service

Cons:

The tables near the entry

Reviewer: nrymut Review Date: 06/21/2016

We have eaten here before and the food was wonderful. We waited a very long time between app and entree. The chef and manager themselves delivered our meals to the table. But once it arrived we were very pleased with our entrees. Loved the scallops.

Pros:

Food, atmosphere

Cons:

Slow service

Reviewer: John Review Date: 11/30/2015

I had the grilled filet mignon and it was excellent. My wife had the crab cake and the Lobster Macaroni and Cheese and she said they were both very very good. The cost at Narcoossee's is high, but well worth it.

Pros:

Excellent food and service

Reviewer: Jamielyn09 Review Date: 11/12/2015

Wow! We ate here for the first time last week. I was concerned because the prices were high and didn't know if the food would be worth it. Our party of 4 was in agreement that this was the best meal we had ever had. It was well worth the splurge. We had the calamari and bbq shrimp and grits for starter and we had to control how much we all ate to save room for the entrees. I ordered the highly recommended scallop dish and it was AMAZING. 2 people in our party had the filet and the other had the shrimp dish. The only bad thing I have to say about the entrees is that they were really large portions and we were not able to finish the whole dish. We were celebrating a birthday and they gave the birthday girl the almond crusted cheesecake. Wow! It was delicious! We also ordered the dark chocolate bar and lemon custard. Both really good but the cheesecake was the stand out favorite.

I would highly recommend Narcoossee's! We have a trip planned back to Disney world next year and we may just have to eat here again!

Pros:

amazing food, atmosphere and service

Cons:

expensive, but worth it

Reviewer: mawdryn Review Date: 06/25/2015

My family of 4 dined here on June 9th. We had a 6 pm reservation and were seated after a few minutes of taking pictures on the deck outside.

The food and service were as impeccable as ever. We started with the calamari and fried blue crab appetizers. For entrees, I had the whole Maine lobster, my husband had filet and lobster tail, my oldest twin had the pasta and my youngest twin had a filet. All 4 meals were perfect. The steaks were cooked to order, and the lobster was tender and flavorful.

Desserts consisted of: Narcoossees candy bar, strawberry shortcake, sorbet and the chocolate torte. All I can say is YUMMY!!!

The service was spot on. Our waitress couldn't have been more attentive.

We dine here every time we vacation at Disney (which is at least 1 or 2 times a year). We have never been disappointed. I highly recommend dining here!

Pros:

Food, Service and Atmosphere

Cons:

NONE

Reviewer: resjudacat Review Date: 06/16/2015

Narcoosee's has become such a disappointment. I have eaten here for years, and have watched it go from a wonderful restaurant to what it is now. They have cut portions as far as they possibly can, and have increased prices to the point that for what you get, it's clearly no longer worth it. It's a shame. This was one of my favorite restaurants. The filet mignon that I had wasn't near at tender or flavorful as what I get at Yachtsman Steakhouse, and lobster tail is lobster tail, rather small at that. You get your dinner on this small square plate that doesn't help. They even make the Almond Crusted Cheesecake smaller! It's pretty bad. If you want a good restaurant that is worth the $ go to Citrico's or Yachtsman Steakhouse.

Pros:

The view!

Cons:

small portions; loud, prices