Reviews of Morimoto Asia

View Menus at Morimoto Asia Dining Location

The first pan-Asian restaurant from celebrity Chef Masaharu Morimoto, featuring flavors from across the continent. This Disney Springs dining destination includes unique exhibition kitchens showcasing traditions like Peking duck carving, and dim sum.

MENU, Photos and more: http://allears.net/dining/location/morimoto-asia

Watch a restaurant review:

Reviewer: John Kappers Review Date: 09/30/2018

We had a party of 10 for 7:30 reservation. We were seated promptly and the service and food were great!

Pros:

New menu item prepared at the table.

Reviewer: disneydiner Review Date: 06/03/2018

Three of us set out for dinner on a Saturday night in April to Disney Springs without a reservation. The wait at Frontera Cocina was an hour so we walked over to Morimoto and sat in the bar. The dinner menu was offered. The orange chicken was delicious and so was the Singapore Laksa noodles. We three enjoyed our meals and pots of tea very much. Our dinners were a good value.

Pros:

tasty, nice size portion

Reviewer: King Ezekiel Review Date: 02/20/2017

We visited the evening of 02/13/17

Let me start with our appetizers: The Kanikame Rangoon's and The Morimoto Spare Ribs. All I can say about the rangoon's is all rangoon's you eat after your visit to Morimoto Asia will be inferior. I'd gladly pay $15 for 3 of them. As for the ribs, eat them slowly and enjoy every bite. The meat just falls right off the bone and almost melts in your mouth. Know what I know now, I would have just ordered a few dozen ribs and eaten those exclusively.

For dinner I had the Duck Ramen, my mother had the Beef Lo Mein Noodles and my father had the Sweet and Sour Crispy Branzino. My mother thoroughly enjoyed her noodles, however my father didn't care much for the fish, although it is supposed to be a chef special. As for my ramen, I thought it was kind of bland. I wouldn't order it again. Also a note with the ramen, they do put whole sprigs of parsley in it. Make sure you chew the ramen thoroughly because I choked on the parsley several times.

For desert, we shared an order of the Churro Fondue. While it wasn't delicious, I personally think I could replace the churro's they served with the churro's from Magic Kingdom and you couldn't tell the difference.

All in all, going back I think I'll order a different entree next time but as for the appetizers, I would highly recommend each of them.

Pros:

Food, atmosphere, cast members

Reviewer: cmstorer1985 Review Date: 01/10/2017

I chose this for my birthday meal, and I blown away. The decor is absolutely stunning, and while it says park attire is welcome, i felt a bit under-dressed. Our server was amazing, polite, and so knowledgeable. She told us about how they work with the rice to make it white, it was really cool how she knew so much about the process and about Morimoto's backstory. And then the food... delicious. we split tempura shrimp roll, dumplings, and orange chicken and it was plenty for 2 people. Its definitely on my list to visit again.

Pros:

Delicious, gorgeous decor, awesome service

Reviewer: nrymut Review Date: 06/21/2016

Loved our dining experience here. We both had fish which was excellent. Service was very well done. Restaurant is extremely clean.

Pros:

Food, service

Reviewer: rickg Review Date: 04/21/2016

My wife and I have eaten at Morimoto Asia twice. The most recent visit was on 4/12/2016 for lunch. We both had the Morimoto lunch special for $26.00 that includes miso soup and house salad Choice of California Roll with white or brown rice. I had both California roll with white rice and ate my wife's California roll with brown rice. The white rice tasted better. We both had orange chicken. It was excellent. Also included was a dumpling and kimchi. I did not think I likes kimchi, but I liked this kimchi. They have several different kinds of tea. We both had the Jasmine pearl dragon tea. It was very good. The service was good, the restaurant was very clean and we likes the atmosphere.

Pros:

Excellent food and atmosphere

Reviewer: angela923 Review Date: 11/12/2015

Had dinner at Morimoto on 11/6/15, Restaurant décor was beautiful, bright & modern Lights hanging from ceiling looked like a school of jellyfish. Wait staff and hostess were attentive and helpful. I ordered miso soup and it came in a large bowl with 4 smaller bows, and a ladle to the table. The soup was enough for 4 and at $6.00 for large bowl was a good bargin. This was the only bargin though. My wife's Hot and sour soup for a cup was $8.00.
I had peking duck $48.00 & my wife had lobster chow fun $45.00. My daughter had beef lo mein $20.00 and her son had a kids lo mein $12.00.
On the all ears menu page there is a beautiful picture of the Peking duck. This picture is magazine quality. We all know the food never looks like the picture, imagine my surprise when the exact duplicate was placed in from of me. The peking duck was excellent! My wife enjoyed the lobster chow fun. she did say it was messy and hard to eat, but delicious. Noodles were not cooked enough, too aldente.
My daughter and grandson loved their meals. Demitry our waiter was very attentive.
Now the price for everything mentioned above plus 3 sodas$3.50 each and a bowl of edaname $6.00 was $165.61 without tip. I left and even $200.00. Pricey? Yes, but remember food was Iron chef quality. So you pay Iron chef prices. Only complaint was portions were so large had no room for sushi!! Oh well maybe next time.

Pros:

Beautiful restaurant, generous portions, attentive staff

Cons:

priceyb

Reviewer: auntiekeiki Review Date: 09/27/2018

I love that my party could get right in without reservations. The orange chicken was enough for 2 people. It was the best orange chicken I have ever eaten. Definitely will go again!

Pros:

beautiful decor

Reviewer: lenette830 Review Date: 07/09/2016

My daughter and I ate lunch here on 7/8/16 and had a good meal. We went for a late lunch around 3pm and both ordered the lunch special for $26--which was a lot of food!
Included with the lunch we both got miso soup and salad which was lightly dressed with a ginger/onion dressing which I thought was great. We got california roll which was good but standard, a dumpling (good), kimchi, and a chicken shu mai which I didn't care for. My choice of entree of the braised black cod which was delicious. My daughter wished she had ordered that instead of a veggie/tofu dish which was kind of bland. I also ordered a mocktail to drink because it was so hot outside. I got the Blushing Dragon which was really refreshing and sooo beautiful. Service was not over the top but adequate and all and all I'd go back again but probably try some other options

Pros:

Beautiful restaurant, good food

Cons:

a little expensive

Reviewer: Collette Review Date: 12/25/2016

We've been here twice and very much like the food. The Peking duck is fabulous, and the hot and sour soup is really good. Some of the sides are pretty plain. The wine list by-the-glass is somewhat limited. As a couple, once we got a nicely-located table for two, but once we got put in a really lousy location.

Pros:

Beautiful space, good food

Cons:

Pricey