Reviews of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (Magic Kingdom)

Each year Mickey hosts the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom. This is a hard ticket event -- meaning you need to purchase a separate ticket for entry (just like Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party). The Magic Kingdom is transformed into a fun spooky haven for trick-or-treaters of all ages.

Requires separate admission ticket.

Fact Sheet and Current Information/Blogs Photos/Videos: http://allears.net/tp/mk/mnssh.htm

Reviewer: tcg Review Date: 10/09/2015

I attended last night (it was my 3rd time, my 23 y/o son's 1st) and had a blast. Since I live really close by, I am able to go to the parks very often. The Halloween party crowds are the most polite I ever encounter! Everyone is happy, the costumes are great and the cast members are really into the fun. The Headless Horseman and fantastic parade are worth the entry price alone.

Pros:

Amazing parade, terrific Cast Members, polite guests

Cons:

None!

Reviewer: minniemagicalmoments Review Date: 09/25/2015

Attended the party on Tuesday September 22, 2015. Arrived at 5pm because we dinner ran a little later than planned. Was able to use 2 of our 3 FP reservations made before 7pm. Many of the rides were a walk on: Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountian were all under 5 minutes. Peter Pan and 7 Dwarfs were the longest lines but we FP Peter Pan and rode 7 Dwarfs twice, waited 25 min then 10 min even though posted times were double the actual wait. Rode every thing we wanted. Only went through 3 Trick or Treat lines. Those got much longer and we were too excited about the rides. Stopped to watch the Headless Horseman and the Fireworks and just a few minutes of the Hocus Pocus show. Really an enjoyable night. No FP options for the party really levels the playing field and I really like it! Saw several of the characters that only show up during the party from afar. Very fun atmosphere!

Pros:

short lines for rides

Reviewer: tcg Review Date: 10/29/2014

My first WDW trip was in 1974, I am a DVC member since 1996 and I have been to WDW more times than I could ever count. I now live close enough to hear fireworks every night! Last night, I went to MNSSHP for the first time. I am in awe of the amazing cast members and creativity! Go, go now, go again and love it all over again. The Headless Horseman is stellar, the parade is fantastic and the cast goes over the top to ensure a good time. Go, now.

Pros:

Don't miss this parade!

Reviewer: Siage77 Review Date: 11/14/2013

Party was sold out but didnt feel overly crowded. Trick or treat areas gave loads of candy. Worth the money

Pros:

All

Cons:

None!

Reviewer: snovak Review Date: 10/22/2013

Our group of 8(5 adults, 3 children) attended the MNSSHP on Oct. 14th. We were let into the park at 4:00 and had dining reservations at Liberty Tree @ 4:20. Very nice that we didn't have to use a park pass to get in for our dining. While we were waiting to be admitted into the park I did notice long lines of people waiting to get in also and I was a little worried that we would have long lines and wait time for the rides. It was amazing! I don't know where everyone went but we had no lines at all except for Big Thunder Mt Railroad, we waited 5 min. It was nice to be able to walk right on to Splash Mt and Pirates. The candy stations were very visible so they were easy to find and I loved that they did a trick or treat trail, where we were able to stay in one area and visit 4 or more candy stations. The party was great and I would highly recommend, especially if you haven't done it before. Well worth it.

Pros:

no lines, atmosphere

Reviewer: Mknight Review Date: 10/15/2013

This was such a fun time for us. The lines for everything were short even for popular rides. The special food items are great and the treats at the trick or treating stations were plentiful. The parade, dancing, and decorations all made for a special night. With them letting people with party tickets in at 4:00 that means 8 whole hours to enjoy everything, with that in mind I can't complain about the price.

Pros:

Parade Dance Parties short lines at the attractions

Cons:

NA

Reviewer: selinabina Review Date: 10/10/2013

This was a great event. Not everyone can say they've trick or treated at the Magic Kingdom. My kids (and myself) had SO much fun. We had a 6:20 dinner reservation at Be My Guest castle, which I highly recommend! Then we went trick or treating, rode rides with no lines, saw many characters, and awesome Villlian show and spectacular fireworks. We went on Thursday Oct. 3. Was there crowds, of course! Expect a lot, then you won't be disappointed. A must do for all Halloween fanatics, like myself. We had so much candy, we couldn't take it all home!

Pros:

Atmosphere, Villian Show, Fireworks, Trick or Treating

Cons:

NONE

Reviewer: parksutton Review Date: 09/23/2013

Attended on Sept 17th. Had a wonderful time. Rode a ton of rides, saw a bunch of characters. The lines for characters were long though. The candy lines were long but moved quickly. They gave more and more candy towards the end of the night. The fireworks were awesome, the parade good but joint new from previous years, the castle show was awesome.

I know I'm different in this area but I didn't care for the Jack character and some of the "dark" things that didn't seem much like Disney to me. However you can also easily avoid that if you wish.

All in all it was a blast.

Pros:

Short lines for rides, characters.

Cons:

Some weird things