Reviews of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (Magic Kingdom)

Each year Mickey hosts the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom. This is a hard ticket event -- meaning you need to purchase a separate ticket for entry (just like Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party). The Magic Kingdom is transformed into a fun spooky haven for trick-or-treaters of all ages.

Requires separate admission ticket.

Fact Sheet and Current Information/Blogs Photos/Videos: http://allears.net/tp/mk/mnssh.htm

Reviewed by tmmartin Review Date: 09/26/2018

BY FAR our most favorite special event in the parks, and we've done most of them over the year. If you are a character stalker (like my kids were when they were young), this is the event for you! You will see many of the rarely found characters, and believe me, we found them all throughout the night. SO LOVED the theme of the night, the atmosphere and the special events of the night. SO WANT TO GO BACK! How am I going to work today, with the beautiful memories of the MNSSHP running around in my head? I won't be able to concentrate. ;)

Pros:

Lower crowd levels Special Boo To You parade Awesome castlefront shows LOVE SEEING ALL THE VILLIANS Beautiful fireworks

Cons:

The price, but you still have to do it if you are visiting the world during the fall.

Reviewed by mawdryn Review Date: 10/26/2016

My husband, daughter (16) and I attended MNSSHP on Sunday, October 23rd. This was our first party since 2007, and it was exactly as I remembered. The crowds were low, and we walked on just about everything. Mine Train had a consistent 30 minute wait, but we had a FP for it, so we walked right on.

We came home with 3, gallon sized, Zip Lock bags full of candy (Dove bars, M&M's, Lifesaver gummies, Snickers, Skittles, Milky Way and Trix).

The parade was AWESOME and the fireworks spectacular!!!!

Pros:

Low Crowds, Lots of Candy and Short Ride Times

Cons:

Character Lines were VERY Long all Night...

Reviewed by bethocindigo Review Date: 10/20/2016

We took our 11 year-old son to the party on a Sunday evening for his early birthday present. We found it to be great! I will say that security is extremely tight and they strictly enforce party rules and guidelines. Our son had his orange 'Star Tours' gun taken from him and we had to leave it with guest services for the night. They also told him he could not wear his face mask and we had to leave it in a locker early in the day, however, around 5pm when costumed people were flooding into the park we saw another child wearing the same mask so I marched right back to the locker room and got it for my son to enjoy.

We brought our costumes early in the day, was able to swipe our magic band and charge the locker fee to the room, and leave our costumes in there until around dark. Later we came back and changed into them effortlessly.

The 'Boo-to-You' Parade is excellent, the fireworks display was LARGER than any I'd ever seen before and the Hocus Pocus show sounded lots of fun. We weren't close to it but I'll bet it was great.

A unique thing about this party if you don't go on a Friday night, is that we were able to ride the 7 Dwarves Mine train (which usually has an hour or more wait) 3 times in a row when lines were no more than 10 minutes long!

People-watching the fantastic array of costume varieties is SO MUCH FUN and our son had a blast spooking kids in line with his 'Five Nights At Freddy's' Freddy Fazbear Costume. Boy did he HAM it up!

Don't MISS the chance to take a special picture in front of the Haunted Mansion where they digitally add in a haunted driver later when you go onto the Disney website to download your pic!

I've heard that Friday evenings are the worst so if you can, try to go on a Sunday or a Tuesday night. We were SO GLAD we did. I would highly recommend this party. There is a lot to do and lots to see. Sure to be a unique experience for children and adults alike.

Pros:

special parade, fireworks, picture opportunities, and short lines for rides

Reviewed by Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 11/18/2015

I was hesitant about going to the party because we had had a terrible experience at the Christmas party a few years ago. We really enjoyed this. They allow party goers with their bands to purchase event merchandise starting at 4PM. That was awesome for us because you ended up spending a lot of time in lines at 7 or after (they could not start selling until non party goers left).

The cast members were beyond helpful and pleasant all night. The candy lines were long, bit moved really fast.

The fireworks were beyond awesome. The only thing I thought was not that great was how long it took the parade to get going. The headless horseman came out, but then we waited and waited and waited for the rest of the parade to start. It was well beyond the published time.

We attended on October 29th and the event was sold out. It was crowded, but not unmanageable. I look forward to going again in the future.

Reviewed by Minniegal5 Review Date: 10/22/2015

A group of 9 of us went on Oct. 20th ranging in age from 30-71. We had no trouble getting a table for 9 at Harbour House to eat, no trouble getting 9 on a ride, no trouble finding 9 spaces to watch parade! Our longest wait for a ride was 20 minutes for Peter Pan which, as you know, is not long at all!! I notice some people complain about crowds--well, it is a theme park and especially after a parade or fireworks there will be crowds, but all-in-all not that bad. We had no small children so therefore no waiting in line to see a character which, from what I read, can be long. We had our picture taken at Haunted Mansion, the photographer clicked the wristbands and voila! Great photos! (also had photos taken at other places) but Haunted Mansion photos have ghosts hitching along :) The weather was wonderful which, of course, adds to the fun so I totally understand my friend who went on a day with downpours was not happy! But, I told her, there is always next year!! Go! Enjoy!

Reviewed by tcg Review Date: 10/09/2015

I attended last night (it was my 3rd time, my 23 y/o son's 1st) and had a blast. Since I live really close by, I am able to go to the parks very often. The Halloween party crowds are the most polite I ever encounter! Everyone is happy, the costumes are great and the cast members are really into the fun. The Headless Horseman and fantastic parade are worth the entry price alone.

Pros:

Amazing parade, terrific Cast Members, polite guests

Cons:

None!

Reviewed by minniemagicalmoments Review Date: 09/25/2015

Attended the party on Tuesday September 22, 2015. Arrived at 5pm because we dinner ran a little later than planned. Was able to use 2 of our 3 FP reservations made before 7pm. Many of the rides were a walk on: Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountian were all under 5 minutes. Peter Pan and 7 Dwarfs were the longest lines but we FP Peter Pan and rode 7 Dwarfs twice, waited 25 min then 10 min even though posted times were double the actual wait. Rode every thing we wanted. Only went through 3 Trick or Treat lines. Those got much longer and we were too excited about the rides. Stopped to watch the Headless Horseman and the Fireworks and just a few minutes of the Hocus Pocus show. Really an enjoyable night. No FP options for the party really levels the playing field and I really like it! Saw several of the characters that only show up during the party from afar. Very fun atmosphere!

Pros:

short lines for rides

Reviewed by tcg Review Date: 10/29/2014

My first WDW trip was in 1974, I am a DVC member since 1996 and I have been to WDW more times than I could ever count. I now live close enough to hear fireworks every night! Last night, I went to MNSSHP for the first time. I am in awe of the amazing cast members and creativity! Go, go now, go again and love it all over again. The Headless Horseman is stellar, the parade is fantastic and the cast goes over the top to ensure a good time. Go, now.

Pros:

Don't miss this parade!

Reviewed by Siage77 Review Date: 11/14/2013

Party was sold out but didnt feel overly crowded. Trick or treat areas gave loads of candy. Worth the money

Pros:

All

Cons:

None!

Reviewed by snovak Review Date: 10/22/2013

Our group of 8(5 adults, 3 children) attended the MNSSHP on Oct. 14th. We were let into the park at 4:00 and had dining reservations at Liberty Tree @ 4:20. Very nice that we didn't have to use a park pass to get in for our dining. While we were waiting to be admitted into the park I did notice long lines of people waiting to get in also and I was a little worried that we would have long lines and wait time for the rides. It was amazing! I don't know where everyone went but we had no lines at all except for Big Thunder Mt Railroad, we waited 5 min. It was nice to be able to walk right on to Splash Mt and Pirates. The candy stations were very visible so they were easy to find and I loved that they did a trick or treat trail, where we were able to stay in one area and visit 4 or more candy stations. The party was great and I would highly recommend, especially if you haven't done it before. Well worth it.

Pros:

no lines, atmosphere

Cons:

Other topics in SPECIAL EVENTS at WDW (including Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Food and Wine, runDisney)