Reviews of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (Magic Kingdom)

Each year Mickey hosts the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom. This is a hard ticket event -- meaning you need to purchase a separate ticket for entry (just like Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party). The Magic Kingdom is transformed into a fun spooky haven for trick-or-treaters of all ages.

Requires separate admission ticket.

Fact Sheet and Current Information/Blogs Photos/Videos: http://allears.net/tp/mk/mnssh.htm

Reviewed by MM from Connecticut Review Date: 10/02/2014

The party officially begins at 7 pm, which means the regular day crowd is still there, plus the Halloween party guests who arrive anytime after 4 pm, so there are A LOT of people in the MK until about 8 pm (closes at 11 pm). I did not see many special "villains" except 1 in line for photos. Main Street is festive and lit up with glowing lights in the windows that fade in/out, and Halloween music is playing throughout the park. The fireworks were special and festive, but I'm pretty sure the pre-fireworks show was the same ol' Celebrations. There are 2 parades offered, but the later parade was canceled due to impending rain, so we missed it. Also, I wish we would have received a whole packet of Halloween Sorcerer Cards, but only 1 was given out. Trick or Treating was fun and plentiful, but it would be more fun if the CMs were dressed up, or better yet, the villains should hand out candy! Worth checking out at least once, but maybe that's it ...

Pros:

Festive! Everyone was dressed up!

Cons:

Needs more "special effects" and villains need to be more visible/mingle

Reviewed by wattage Review Date: 09/25/2014

We attended the September 21, 2014 MNSSH Party. This was our third time in three years. In past years we’ve attended later in October, or last year we attended the last party on November 1. The big difference was weather – it was a lot hotter, and it rained just before the parade started this year. The crowds were a lot lighter in September. We’d been in the part since 1PM, so we left shortly after the parade. We were lucky and got a prime spot up on the second level of the railway station overlooking Main Street. After going three years in a row, my wife and I have agreed that we need not come again for a while.

Pros:

Parade

Cons:

Weather, crowds

Reviewed by ADAMCZAK Review Date: 09/16/2014

We attended the event on the first night - September 1st, 2014. Great evening - no rain and short lineups but it was hot. We were able to get unto the rides under less than 5 minutes - even Peter Pan. The longest wait was for Mine Train which was 20 minutes. The cost of the admission to this event was well worth it. We did see a number of Villains. We didn't attend Villain's Sinister Soiree as we felt the price was too steep. Parade did seem a bit short, but its been few years since we last attended this event. We did notice that the candy was scarce this time around even when we left the park at the end of the night. Last time they stuffed our bags. This time I believe we each received couple of lolly pops.

Pros:

short lines, beautiful decorations, fireworks

Reviewed by shynook11 Review Date: 09/13/2014

We go every other year to the Halloween party and stay on property to avoid the late drive home with kids. Usually, we attend in mid Sept. to avoid crowds. This year Columbia House remained open so we could have their phenomenal tuna sandwich, truly the best. We had no wait for anything except the new Snow White Mine Train ( good but too short). Everything else was walk on. Villians show in front of the castle was a 10 minute disappointment. Fireworks were amazing as always, but be aware you cannot hear the audio if you are not on Main St. or in front of the castle. We chose to sit off to the left and couldn't hear the music or speaking...but still amazing show. Parade, as usual was excellent. No candy at the end like in years past, and seemed to us to be a little shorter. Headless horseman walked the route ( no rain ) this year. Absolutely worth it for the cost for 4-midnight in the park without the heat and crowds. Plus candy, special fireworks & special parade. Will go again.

Pros:

No wait for most rides, beautiful decorations, fireworks

Cons:

Is the parade shorter this year?

Reviewed by 5busyrussells Review Date: 09/10/2014

We had previously attended MVMCP, which was much more crowded - but much more worthwhile. This felt very "thrown together". We did trick or treat, although most of the cast members were very crabby and scolded the kids if they returned for more candy (especially in the Werther's line). The best part was virtually no lines for any of the rids including Seven Dwarfs Mine ride. The fireworks, though, were phenomenal - no one quite knows how to do fireworks like Disney! We experienced it, but I can't say I would highly recommend and we definitely would not do it again.

Pros:

Nonexistent wait lines for rids

Reviewed by Siage77 Review Date: 11/14/2013

Party was sold out but didnt feel overly crowded. Trick or treat areas gave loads of candy. Worth the money

Pros:

All

Cons:

None!

Reviewed by MouseBound4 Review Date: 10/29/2013

We attended MNSSHP Friday night, Oct. 25th. This was our 5th MNSSHP in 10 years. Most enjoyable this visit was definitely the fireworks. Outstanding! Prior to the fireworks was an amazing light show on the castle. We very much enjoyed seeing the creative costumes, especially the groups who dressed as a theme. Each year we see more and more of the adults dressed in costume. Even though so many people were crammed into the park, those people were not on the rides because the ride lines were short or nonexistent. Now for the negatives. The ticket price goes up every year, with nothing to show for the increased cost. It was very crowded, more so than any MNSSHP we attended in the past. The parade is the same year after year. Same music, same floats. Surely they could change it up a bit. Most of the restaurants and shops closed too early. The times and places were not posted for characters. There were so many people leaving the park at the end of the night, it took literally hours to get back to our resort. I agree the party is something you should attend at least once, but those who have already attended in the past may want to consider how best to invest their vacation funds.

Pros:

Fireworks, light show on castle, creative costumes

Cons:

Crowded, nothing new in parade, price increase

Reviewed by snovak Review Date: 10/22/2013

Our group of 8(5 adults, 3 children) attended the MNSSHP on Oct. 14th. We were let into the park at 4:00 and had dining reservations at Liberty Tree @ 4:20. Very nice that we didn't have to use a park pass to get in for our dining. While we were waiting to be admitted into the park I did notice long lines of people waiting to get in also and I was a little worried that we would have long lines and wait time for the rides. It was amazing! I don't know where everyone went but we had no lines at all except for Big Thunder Mt Railroad, we waited 5 min. It was nice to be able to walk right on to Splash Mt and Pirates. The candy stations were very visible so they were easy to find and I loved that they did a trick or treat trail, where we were able to stay in one area and visit 4 or more candy stations. The party was great and I would highly recommend, especially if you haven't done it before. Well worth it.

Pros:

no lines, atmosphere

Reviewed by Mknight Review Date: 10/15/2013

This was such a fun time for us. The lines for everything were short even for popular rides. The special food items are great and the treats at the trick or treating stations were plentiful. The parade, dancing, and decorations all made for a special night. With them letting people with party tickets in at 4:00 that means 8 whole hours to enjoy everything, with that in mind I can't complain about the price.

Pros:

Parade Dance Parties short lines at the attractions

Cons:

NA

Reviewed by selinabina Review Date: 10/10/2013

This was a great event. Not everyone can say they've trick or treated at the Magic Kingdom. My kids (and myself) had SO much fun. We had a 6:20 dinner reservation at Be My Guest castle, which I highly recommend! Then we went trick or treating, rode rides with no lines, saw many characters, and awesome Villlian show and spectacular fireworks. We went on Thursday Oct. 3. Was there crowds, of course! Expect a lot, then you won't be disappointed. A must do for all Halloween fanatics, like myself. We had so much candy, we couldn't take it all home!

Pros:

Atmosphere, Villian Show, Fireworks, Trick or Treating

Cons:

NONE