Reviews of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (Magic Kingdom)

Each year Mickey hosts the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom. This is a hard ticket event -- meaning you need to purchase a separate ticket for entry (just like Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party). The Magic Kingdom is transformed into a fun spooky haven for trick-or-treaters of all ages.

Requires separate admission ticket.

Fact Sheet and Current Information/Blogs Photos/Videos: http://allears.net/tp/mk/mnssh.htm

Reviewer: Siage77 Review Date: 11/14/2013

Party was sold out but didnt feel overly crowded. Trick or treat areas gave loads of candy. Worth the money

Pros:

All

Cons:

None!

Reviewer: MouseBound4 Review Date: 10/29/2013

We attended MNSSHP Friday night, Oct. 25th. This was our 5th MNSSHP in 10 years. Most enjoyable this visit was definitely the fireworks. Outstanding! Prior to the fireworks was an amazing light show on the castle. We very much enjoyed seeing the creative costumes, especially the groups who dressed as a theme. Each year we see more and more of the adults dressed in costume. Even though so many people were crammed into the park, those people were not on the rides because the ride lines were short or nonexistent. Now for the negatives. The ticket price goes up every year, with nothing to show for the increased cost. It was very crowded, more so than any MNSSHP we attended in the past. The parade is the same year after year. Same music, same floats. Surely they could change it up a bit. Most of the restaurants and shops closed too early. The times and places were not posted for characters. There were so many people leaving the park at the end of the night, it took literally hours to get back to our resort. I agree the party is something you should attend at least once, but those who have already attended in the past may want to consider how best to invest their vacation funds.

Pros:

Fireworks, light show on castle, creative costumes

Cons:

Crowded, nothing new in parade, price increase

Reviewer: snovak Review Date: 10/22/2013

Our group of 8(5 adults, 3 children) attended the MNSSHP on Oct. 14th. We were let into the park at 4:00 and had dining reservations at Liberty Tree @ 4:20. Very nice that we didn't have to use a park pass to get in for our dining. While we were waiting to be admitted into the park I did notice long lines of people waiting to get in also and I was a little worried that we would have long lines and wait time for the rides. It was amazing! I don't know where everyone went but we had no lines at all except for Big Thunder Mt Railroad, we waited 5 min. It was nice to be able to walk right on to Splash Mt and Pirates. The candy stations were very visible so they were easy to find and I loved that they did a trick or treat trail, where we were able to stay in one area and visit 4 or more candy stations. The party was great and I would highly recommend, especially if you haven't done it before. Well worth it.

Pros:

no lines, atmosphere

Reviewer: Mknight Review Date: 10/15/2013

This was such a fun time for us. The lines for everything were short even for popular rides. The special food items are great and the treats at the trick or treating stations were plentiful. The parade, dancing, and decorations all made for a special night. With them letting people with party tickets in at 4:00 that means 8 whole hours to enjoy everything, with that in mind I can't complain about the price.

Pros:

Parade Dance Parties short lines at the attractions

Cons:

NA

Reviewer: selinabina Review Date: 10/10/2013

This was a great event. Not everyone can say they've trick or treated at the Magic Kingdom. My kids (and myself) had SO much fun. We had a 6:20 dinner reservation at Be My Guest castle, which I highly recommend! Then we went trick or treating, rode rides with no lines, saw many characters, and awesome Villlian show and spectacular fireworks. We went on Thursday Oct. 3. Was there crowds, of course! Expect a lot, then you won't be disappointed. A must do for all Halloween fanatics, like myself. We had so much candy, we couldn't take it all home!

Pros:

Atmosphere, Villian Show, Fireworks, Trick or Treating

Cons:

NONE

Reviewer: nurseholly Review Date: 10/02/2013

I would say this is a home run if the tickets weren't so so so expensive! We came home with so much candy it was ridiculous! My kids weren't interested in characters, so I have no idea how that aspect is, but we did go to one of the dance parties and it was really neat. I really loved the
Boo to You parade and Hallowishes. They were definitely unique and worthwhile. There were absolutely no lines for rides, which was great. All in all, if you've never done it I think it is great, but I wouldn't say that I would do it twice.

Pros:

TONS of candy, no lines at rides

Cons:

very expensive

Reviewer: parksutton Review Date: 09/23/2013

Attended on Sept 17th. Had a wonderful time. Rode a ton of rides, saw a bunch of characters. The lines for characters were long though. The candy lines were long but moved quickly. They gave more and more candy towards the end of the night. The fireworks were awesome, the parade good but joint new from previous years, the castle show was awesome.

I know I'm different in this area but I didn't care for the Jack character and some of the "dark" things that didn't seem much like Disney to me. However you can also easily avoid that if you wish.

All in all it was a blast.

Pros:

Short lines for rides, characters.

Cons:

Some weird things

Reviewer: darcelmargliotti Review Date: 08/27/2013

I think the price is too much.After all I just paid to get in the Magic Kingdom for the day only to come out and turn around to go back in for additional money.The parade and fireworks were awesome but just the same as any other Wishes or Electrical Parade performance.Why not just let you back in without charge.People will still send a lot of money on merchandise and food so give us a break!!

Pros:

Very Disneyrific!!!

Cons:

Price,crowds