Reviews of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (Magic Kingdom)

Each year Mickey hosts the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom. This is a hard ticket event -- meaning you need to purchase a separate ticket for entry (just like Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party). The Magic Kingdom is transformed into a fun spooky haven for trick-or-treaters of all ages.

Requires separate admission ticket.

Fact Sheet and Current Information/Blogs Photos/Videos: http://allears.net/tp/mk/mnssh.htm

Reviewed by snovak Review Date: 10/22/2013

Our group of 8(5 adults, 3 children) attended the MNSSHP on Oct. 14th. We were let into the park at 4:00 and had dining reservations at Liberty Tree @ 4:20. Very nice that we didn't have to use a park pass to get in for our dining. While we were waiting to be admitted into the park I did notice long lines of people waiting to get in also and I was a little worried that we would have long lines and wait time for the rides. It was amazing! I don't know where everyone went but we had no lines at all except for Big Thunder Mt Railroad, we waited 5 min. It was nice to be able to walk right on to Splash Mt and Pirates. The candy stations were very visible so they were easy to find and I loved that they did a trick or treat trail, where we were able to stay in one area and visit 4 or more candy stations. The party was great and I would highly recommend, especially if you haven't done it before. Well worth it.

Pros:

no lines, atmosphere

Reviewed by Mknight Review Date: 10/15/2013

This was such a fun time for us. The lines for everything were short even for popular rides. The special food items are great and the treats at the trick or treating stations were plentiful. The parade, dancing, and decorations all made for a special night. With them letting people with party tickets in at 4:00 that means 8 whole hours to enjoy everything, with that in mind I can't complain about the price.

Pros:

Parade Dance Parties short lines at the attractions

Cons:

NA

Reviewed by selinabina Review Date: 10/10/2013

This was a great event. Not everyone can say they've trick or treated at the Magic Kingdom. My kids (and myself) had SO much fun. We had a 6:20 dinner reservation at Be My Guest castle, which I highly recommend! Then we went trick or treating, rode rides with no lines, saw many characters, and awesome Villlian show and spectacular fireworks. We went on Thursday Oct. 3. Was there crowds, of course! Expect a lot, then you won't be disappointed. A must do for all Halloween fanatics, like myself. We had so much candy, we couldn't take it all home!

Pros:

Atmosphere, Villian Show, Fireworks, Trick or Treating

Cons:

NONE

Reviewed by nurseholly Review Date: 10/02/2013

I would say this is a home run if the tickets weren't so so so expensive! We came home with so much candy it was ridiculous! My kids weren't interested in characters, so I have no idea how that aspect is, but we did go to one of the dance parties and it was really neat. I really loved the
Boo to You parade and Hallowishes. They were definitely unique and worthwhile. There were absolutely no lines for rides, which was great. All in all, if you've never done it I think it is great, but I wouldn't say that I would do it twice.

Pros:

TONS of candy, no lines at rides

Cons:

very expensive

Reviewed by parksutton Review Date: 09/23/2013

Attended on Sept 17th. Had a wonderful time. Rode a ton of rides, saw a bunch of characters. The lines for characters were long though. The candy lines were long but moved quickly. They gave more and more candy towards the end of the night. The fireworks were awesome, the parade good but joint new from previous years, the castle show was awesome.

I know I'm different in this area but I didn't care for the Jack character and some of the "dark" things that didn't seem much like Disney to me. However you can also easily avoid that if you wish.

All in all it was a blast.

Pros:

Short lines for rides, characters.

Cons:

Some weird things

Reviewed by MassMike Review Date: 04/18/2019

Not worth the money. You won't get the experience you think.

Pros:

Halloween candy, opportunity to wear a costume, special parade and fireworks

Cons:

Very crowded, some listed meet and greets don't happen, expensive

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 09/28/2018

I went to the party on a tuesday. When I talked to friends it sounded like this party was less crowded than the weekend parties. i thought it was the most crowed party I have been to in four years. If this had been my first party I would have liked it a lot. Knowing what parties included in other years I was disappointed in the changes. Character lines were longer so only did one toward the end of the night.

Pros:

Fun party cheap day at the park with the special ticket

Cons:

crowds no special candy leaving the park no wurthers caramels long character lines

Reviewed by Tamara Ervin Review Date: 09/27/2018

This was my first MNSSHP, and I am on the fence about whether it was worth it or not. I went on a Tuesday in September, the crowds were not horrible, but everything still had a wait. I was expecting more than what was there, based on reviews of previous years. There was no way anyone could get through the whole party by midnight. I am just not as "wow'd" as I thought I would be.

Pros:

Good candy, shorter ride lines

Cons:

Way too hot, long lines for candy and characters

Reviewed by cindyfan Review Date: 09/27/2018

Needs desperately to be updated. This event hasn't seen many changes or upgrades in forever. It's great to go once... maybe once every 6-8 years! But if you've seen it recently, save your money. And they need to sell less tickets.

Pros:

Fireworks. Parade (if you've never seen it before, it's fun)

Cons:

Too crowded. Nothing has changed in many, many years! needs something new and fresh (besides Hocus-Pocus which is already "old" after 3 years)

Reviewed by Jane Buie Review Date: 09/27/2018

Just got a few days ago after 10 days in the park, including MNSSHP, and we were disappointed. On a girls trip, there were three of us vintage ladies. The park was crowded, hot, and the few rides we tried were crowded. We left after visiting the candy offerings and went back to our resort. It will be a long time before I pay that kind of money for a half filled bag of "free" treats.

Pros:

Fun watching the creative costumes worn by others

Cons:

Only a few rides open and it was very crowded

Other topics in SPECIAL EVENTS at WDW (including Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Food and Wine, runDisney)