Reviews of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (Magic Kingdom)

Each year Mickey hosts the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom. This is a hard ticket event -- meaning you need to purchase a separate ticket for entry (just like Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party). The Magic Kingdom is transformed into a fun spooky haven for trick-or-treaters of all ages.

Requires separate admission ticket.

Fact Sheet and Current Information/Blogs Photos/Videos: http://allears.net/tp/mk/mnssh.htm

Reviewed by annat856 Review Date: 09/28/2018

I love this party, the Boo to You Parade and the fireworks are some of the very best of what Disney World has to offer in my opinion. Plan to get there early they let party goers arrive as early as 4pm. We always go on rides that we have fastpasses for first. ( during the parks regular hours fastpasses aren't available during party hrs) We grab a counter service dinner and begin trick or treating as soon as they let you. Be sure to get some of the unique photopass spot pics such as the Haunted Mansion. We try to snag a good spot for the parade I know that everyone says to skip the first parade but if it's a must do for you like it is for me then try to watch the first one. It's my favorite parade! After the fireworks the crowds go down and we just end up walking onto rides. The parties have become very popular and the crowds are much bigger than they were 10 yrs ago so keep that in mind and have fun!

Pros:

Best parade and fireworks that Disney has to offer!

Cons:

more crowds than it used to be

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/27/2018

We had a blast going to the Party came home with lots of candy! Love the parade and the fireworks. Disney does it Right!

Pros:

Awesome fireworks!

Reviewed by Foodrocks Review Date: 09/27/2018

We visited the MNSSHP in 2016 family of 4 (2 adults and 14 and 10 year old). We absolutely loved the experience. It was so much fun and we still talk about it today. We cannot wait to try it again. We loved the trick or treating that was set up everywhere. The cast members are generous with the candy and gave us so much. We also loved riding our favourite attractions with no wait. There was a parade, firework show and stage show also that was fun and exciting. We travel every year to Disney so appreciate anything we haven't seen before. They offered special foods for the event but very hard to get them because they sell out quickly. Also lots of extra characters to meet but very long lines for them.

Pros:

No wait for rides and lots of extras. Fun atmosphere.

Cons:

If it was raining earlier in the day, the headless horseman will not be in the parade. This was a little disappointing. Also, pick what you want to do or eat immediately as lines for characters are very long and special event food sells out fast.

Reviewed by Colleen Review Date: 09/26/2018

We love this party, and this was our fourth year in a row attending. We love the atmosphere, costumes, trick or treating, Boo to You Parade and Hallowishes. I have read a lot of people complaining about the crowds, and although it had gotten more crowded over the years we have had no trouble doing the things we like. We had short wait times for rides, decent spots for the parade without camping out ahead of time, and came away with plenty of candy. Even though the trick or treating lines seem very long they move quickly and they are quite generous. We don't do the character meet and greets so I can't comment on that, but I have heard those lines were quite long. We look forward to doing this again next year.

Pros:

general Halloween atmosphere fun parade and shows manageable wait times Trick or Treating

Cons:

becoming more crowded limited food options for dinner

Reviewed by Tanasigirl Review Date: 09/27/2016

We attended our first MNSSHP on Tuesday, September 13, 2016. It was a very low crowd from what I gather, so we had no trouble with lines at all.

We were allowed in the park at 3:45. They move you to the right and you go behind the shops of Main Street for a second to get your treat bag and your first handful of treats. We had a couple of fast passes and an early dinner reservation to keep us busy till the party started at 7.

The monsoon lasted from 5-7, but it didn't slow us down. They canceled the first parade and closed a few rides for lightening. Otherwise, we ran from one ride to the other until the rain finally stopped and the party could begin.

We were not interested in characters or candy stations, just the atmosphere, fireworks, and parade. It was fun to see how elaborate some are with their costumes. We did a little, but just to fit in.

The Happy HalloWishes were tremendous! Loved the Oggie Boogie part. The Headless Horseman and the ghost outside the Haunted Mansion were unable to join us due to the weather, so that was a bit sad. But we watched the Boo to You parade from Frontierland and that was the best thing we did. Much lower crowds and the zombie version of the Dapper Dans was very entertaining.

They list all these restaurants that are to be open, but they don't stay open very long. So, we ended up at Pecos Bill late at night, which is not a favorite.

All in all, a great night for us. We were there from 3:45 pm till about 1 am. If you can do those hours and can keep a chill attitude, it's a lot of fun. We sat up at the train depot from about 12:15 till 12:45 just watching the lighting on Main Street change color.

Oh and go early in the season and in the week like we did. Much more manageable crowds. Boo to you! Happy Halloween!

Pros:

Great parade and fireworks

Cons:

Monsoon

Reviewed by CinCin Review Date: 11/15/2014

I loved the party! This was my first ever year and although it was a bit crowded on a sold out night, I still had a wonderful time and plan on doing it again. There was so much going on that I didn't have time to do and see it all. The whole park atmosphere was party ready with the lighting and the music, The castle was lit up in eerie shades of green and purple and there were bats on it. The whole place was themed well. It was fun seeing other guests dressed up and their fun Halloween costumes. These people (guests) plan this thing for months ahead and the costumes are really well thought out and executioned. I met some fun people waiting in line and made some new friends as we waited for the Seven Dwarfs meet and greet/photo shoot. I lined up at 6 pm for a 7 pm meet and the line was already well formed even an hour ahead. The parade was a huge highlight and the headless horseman was the star to be sure. The crowds were thin enough that I had a decent view even without staking out a spot for the parade, but ride lines which I heard were short to none in years past were long and I only rode one, The Haunted Mansion. Carlotta was out entertaining guests in the que at the Haunted Mansion and she is side splitting funny! Definitely a must see for the party. I wish I had attended a second party during my trip as I didn't get to any of the dance parties and didn't get to shop for any event specific merchandise and missed the event cupcakes and candy corn cotton candy too. I did get some trick or treating done and came home with a sack of candy. A nice variety of treats too from yogurt covered craisins and M&M's to Snickers, Butterfingers, candy corn and marshmallow peeps for the peep lovers. It was sold out on the night I attended and the next time I go I am definitely booking 2 parties! I loved it. I was able to see characters that are rarely out and get some great photos. The fireworks were amazing as was the show on the castle beforehand. All in all, I had an amazing time and it was worth what I paid to get in. It is advertised that it starts at 7pm but you can enter with your hard ticket as early as 4 pm through a special que and get your wrist band. The bands are different colors every night so you can't re-use them for another party.

Pros:

character meet and greets, special parade, hallowishes fireworks, Carlotta at the Haunted Mansion, headless horseman!

Cons:

crowds, long lines for attractions,

Reviewed by Villeguy Review Date: 10/22/2014

We attended MNSSHP on Sunday September 28th and Sunday October 5th. This party is our all time favorite party. Dispite all the rain at the party on September 28th we were able to ride all our favorite attractions (Space Mountain, Peter Pan's Flight, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Small World) and when I say we rode them, we rode most of them 3 times or more. In between the showers we were able to ride Big Thunder Mountain. We had the candy corn ice cream, collected 4 bags of candy (2 bags each night we attended). I will be handing out MNSSHP candy this Halloween. We also attended the Villains Sinister Soiree at the October 5th party. We had a wonder full time. The MNSSHP is a must do every year.

Pros:

Shorter Wait Times and Candy!

Reviewed by parksutton Review Date: 10/11/2014

Awesome time, truly awesome time. The lines for the rides are short, the characters are awesome, the candy is great.
HOWEVER......it gets annoying that disney keeps raising the price year after year.

If you've never done it give it a try, if you have they added nothing new, reduced the length of the parade and shortened the fireworks and they raised the price.

Pros:

Short lines, candy, characters.

Cons:

Cost....

Reviewed by mmfan Review Date: 10/06/2014

We attended the Halloween party 10/02/14. We had attended the party several years ago, and again were pleased with our experience! We feel it is imperative that you get to the park early. Although the party starts at 7 PM, entrance to the Magic Kingdom is allowed at 4PM for those with party tickets. It was a warm night, but thankfully no rain! So many people were dressed in costumes, making the atmosphere very festive. We had planned an early dinner at 4 PM as we did not want to take party time to eat a meal. The case members were very diligent this year about making sure guests had wrist bands, they even checked for them when we entered the restrooms! We saw several groups of people without tickets being escorted out, It was a busy night but not overally crowded. It was congested at parade and fireworks time, but the crowds dispersed quickly afterwards. The parade and fireworks are not to be missed. Lines looked very short for rides, we made a special effort to visit the Haunted Mansion because what is a Halloween party if you don't visit the ghosts! Madame Leota sitting outside the Mansion was amazing, the cast members went above and beyond to portray their roles that night - so much fun! We did not spend time riding other rides as we wanted to focus on the Halloween offerings. Trick or treat lines were short and fun, the character greeting lines looked manageable except for the Seven Dwarves, that looked very long all night. We also enjoyed special pumpkin waffles and candy corn ice cream-yum! The lighting was great, the music fun. A very festive atmosphere throughout the park! It just seemed to go too fast though, so much to do in one night! We thoroughly enjoyed our night.

Pros:

lots of fun, everyone in costume

Cons:

difficult to do it all in one night!

Reviewed by wattage Review Date: 09/25/2014

We attended the September 21, 2014 MNSSH Party. This was our third time in three years. In past years we’ve attended later in October, or last year we attended the last party on November 1. The big difference was weather – it was a lot hotter, and it rained just before the parade started this year. The crowds were a lot lighter in September. We’d been in the part since 1PM, so we left shortly after the parade. We were lucky and got a prime spot up on the second level of the railway station overlooking Main Street. After going three years in a row, my wife and I have agreed that we need not come again for a while.

Pros:

Parade

Cons:

Weather, crowds
1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Other topics in SPECIAL EVENTS at WDW (including Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Food and Wine, runDisney)