Reviews of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (Magic Kingdom)

Each year Mickey hosts the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom. This is a hard ticket event -- meaning you need to purchase a separate ticket for entry (just like Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party). The Magic Kingdom is transformed into a fun spooky haven for trick-or-treaters of all ages.

Requires separate admission ticket.

Fact Sheet and Current Information/Blogs Photos/Videos: http://allears.net/tp/mk/mnssh.htm

Reviewed by Claire Review Date: 09/29/2018

Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party is a must do once or more if you want to. It's uniqueness of not being scary at all for the little ones makes it fantastic for all ages. The Boo To You Parade is absolutely a must see and you find yourself singing Boo to you... Happy Halloween on the way out. The firework show is a different show with theming of villains and is customised for the party. Wait times for rides are short compared to the daytime. You can spend all day in the park if you have valid general park admission for that day and roll into the party early. The park is alot quieter. You can dress up for this event but it is not compulsory. We all bought Halloween themed T-shirts and Mickey Ear pumpkin hats to wear on the night. Character greets are awesome they are dressed in their best Halloween attire. Personally I think it is a lot of money to pay if their is more than two of you and I would not pay to go again but I do recommend you try it once. Tick it off your bucket list, it is one to experience and see for yourself.

Pros:

The candy is good you get loads each stop and they have tokens to collect insted of sweets for dietary requirements which you take to guest relations

Cons:

Kids get tired. My son was morngy and he ended up taking a long nap in the stroller while we went trick or treating for him. I recommend to try and get kids to rest at some point in the day before this event.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/28/2018

This is a great party for children as well as adults. All of the rides were open and there wasn't much waiting to get on the rides.

Pros:

The parade and fireworks are excellent.

Cons:

None.

Reviewed by annat856 Review Date: 09/28/2018

I love this party, the Boo to You Parade and the fireworks are some of the very best of what Disney World has to offer in my opinion. Plan to get there early they let party goers arrive as early as 4pm. We always go on rides that we have fastpasses for first. ( during the parks regular hours fastpasses aren't available during party hrs) We grab a counter service dinner and begin trick or treating as soon as they let you. Be sure to get some of the unique photopass spot pics such as the Haunted Mansion. We try to snag a good spot for the parade I know that everyone says to skip the first parade but if it's a must do for you like it is for me then try to watch the first one. It's my favorite parade! After the fireworks the crowds go down and we just end up walking onto rides. The parties have become very popular and the crowds are much bigger than they were 10 yrs ago so keep that in mind and have fun!

Pros:

Best parade and fireworks that Disney has to offer!

Cons:

more crowds than it used to be

Reviewed by Dee Review Date: 09/28/2018

We had never done the Halloween party but had done the Christmas one. The Halloween one far exceeded our expectations. That was my favorite part of the whole trip!

Pros:

We got on more rides with little wait. The parade and fireworks were outstanding!

Cons:

Little more crowded then we would have preferred. Wasn’t wild about the Halloween party merchandise.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/27/2018

We had a blast going to the Party came home with lots of candy! Love the parade and the fireworks. Disney does it Right!

Pros:

Awesome fireworks!

Reviewed by disfam4 Review Date: 09/27/2018

This was our first year to attend. It was a Sunday evening but I still thought there were alot of people. The early parade was very crowded and people came and stood in front if others that had been waiting in their spot for a while. We did enjoy the trick or treating, tons of candy handed out. Only rose a handful of rides and those wait times were pretty low. Sampled several treat special to just party night, the Jack Skellington pop was my favorite. Make sure you watch fireworks, very good!

Pros:

Lower ride times, lots of candy, special fireworks

Cons:

Very crowded, maybe need to lower amount of tickets sold

Reviewed by auntiekeiki Review Date: 09/27/2018

My family attended the party for the first time this year. It is worth the ticket price. We loved the parade, fireworks show and the Sanderson sisters stage show. We were able to meet a lot of Disney characters that are not normally out during the daytime. The addition of a real life pirate to the Pirates ride was a nice touch and quite cute. Space Mountain in the dark this year was scarier. The lighting in the spinning tea cups ride was super neat! I had no idea that we would end up with so much candy! I was impressed with the amount of home made costumes other park goers were wearing. It was worth every penny and will definitely go again.

Pros:

Lots of candy Lots of Disney characters

Cons:

The hot Florida weather Long lines

Reviewed by Foodrocks Review Date: 09/27/2018

We visited the MNSSHP in 2016 family of 4 (2 adults and 14 and 10 year old). We absolutely loved the experience. It was so much fun and we still talk about it today. We cannot wait to try it again. We loved the trick or treating that was set up everywhere. The cast members are generous with the candy and gave us so much. We also loved riding our favourite attractions with no wait. There was a parade, firework show and stage show also that was fun and exciting. We travel every year to Disney so appreciate anything we haven't seen before. They offered special foods for the event but very hard to get them because they sell out quickly. Also lots of extra characters to meet but very long lines for them.

Pros:

No wait for rides and lots of extras. Fun atmosphere.

Cons:

If it was raining earlier in the day, the headless horseman will not be in the parade. This was a little disappointing. Also, pick what you want to do or eat immediately as lines for characters are very long and special event food sells out fast.

Reviewed by Lorie Review Date: 09/27/2018

I had the pleasure of taking a co-worker to the party on 9/21/18. It was her first time visiting any park, so it was thrilling just for that fact. We dressed up and had a wonderful time. Ride lines were terrific (maybe 10 min average) & the Meet/Greet lines were maybe 15-25 min.

Pros:

short lines and able to see the whole park !!!

Cons:

Candy lines were pretty long, but it didn't deter us at all.

Reviewed by JennieSmith Review Date: 09/27/2018

This was out 1st year for the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party and it was a blast! Love that it is less expensive than a day pass, but you still get 8 hours of park time with a lot less people. The lines for the candy were long, but moved fast and they were very generous. We were able to ride quite a few rides and logged about 6 miles( kids run you FAST!!!) This is a perfect way to give the kids a taste of Disney without breaking the bank.

Pros:

At night, cooler, less people, shorted lines on rides

Cons:

cannot use FastPass after 6, only got 1 ride on the Fastpass
1 2 3 4 5 6 8

Other topics in SPECIAL EVENTS at WDW (including Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Food and Wine, runDisney)