Reviews of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (Magic Kingdom)

Each year Mickey hosts the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom. This is a hard ticket event -- meaning you need to purchase a separate ticket for entry (just like Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party). The Magic Kingdom is transformed into a fun spooky haven for trick-or-treaters of all ages.

Requires separate admission ticket.

Fact Sheet and Current Information/Blogs Photos/Videos: http://allears.net/tp/mk/mnssh.htm

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/27/2018

We had a blast going to the Party came home with lots of candy! Love the parade and the fireworks. Disney does it Right!

Pros:

Awesome fireworks!

Reviewed by disfam4 Review Date: 09/27/2018

This was our first year to attend. It was a Sunday evening but I still thought there were alot of people. The early parade was very crowded and people came and stood in front if others that had been waiting in their spot for a while. We did enjoy the trick or treating, tons of candy handed out. Only rose a handful of rides and those wait times were pretty low. Sampled several treat special to just party night, the Jack Skellington pop was my favorite. Make sure you watch fireworks, very good!

Pros:

Lower ride times, lots of candy, special fireworks

Cons:

Very crowded, maybe need to lower amount of tickets sold

Reviewed by auntiekeiki Review Date: 09/27/2018

My family attended the party for the first time this year. It is worth the ticket price. We loved the parade, fireworks show and the Sanderson sisters stage show. We were able to meet a lot of Disney characters that are not normally out during the daytime. The addition of a real life pirate to the Pirates ride was a nice touch and quite cute. Space Mountain in the dark this year was scarier. The lighting in the spinning tea cups ride was super neat! I had no idea that we would end up with so much candy! I was impressed with the amount of home made costumes other park goers were wearing. It was worth every penny and will definitely go again.

Pros:

Lots of candy Lots of Disney characters

Cons:

The hot Florida weather Long lines

Reviewed by Foodrocks Review Date: 09/27/2018

We visited the MNSSHP in 2016 family of 4 (2 adults and 14 and 10 year old). We absolutely loved the experience. It was so much fun and we still talk about it today. We cannot wait to try it again. We loved the trick or treating that was set up everywhere. The cast members are generous with the candy and gave us so much. We also loved riding our favourite attractions with no wait. There was a parade, firework show and stage show also that was fun and exciting. We travel every year to Disney so appreciate anything we haven't seen before. They offered special foods for the event but very hard to get them because they sell out quickly. Also lots of extra characters to meet but very long lines for them.

Pros:

No wait for rides and lots of extras. Fun atmosphere.

Cons:

If it was raining earlier in the day, the headless horseman will not be in the parade. This was a little disappointing. Also, pick what you want to do or eat immediately as lines for characters are very long and special event food sells out fast.

Reviewed by Lorie Review Date: 09/27/2018

I had the pleasure of taking a co-worker to the party on 9/21/18. It was her first time visiting any park, so it was thrilling just for that fact. We dressed up and had a wonderful time. Ride lines were terrific (maybe 10 min average) & the Meet/Greet lines were maybe 15-25 min.

Pros:

short lines and able to see the whole park !!!

Cons:

Candy lines were pretty long, but it didn't deter us at all.

Reviewed by JennieSmith Review Date: 09/27/2018

This was out 1st year for the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party and it was a blast! Love that it is less expensive than a day pass, but you still get 8 hours of park time with a lot less people. The lines for the candy were long, but moved fast and they were very generous. We were able to ride quite a few rides and logged about 6 miles( kids run you FAST!!!) This is a perfect way to give the kids a taste of Disney without breaking the bank.

Pros:

At night, cooler, less people, shorted lines on rides

Cons:

cannot use FastPass after 6, only got 1 ride on the Fastpass

Reviewed by Smitty Review Date: 09/27/2018

Had a great time, until the rain came. Not too crowded but way too hot for costumes. Headless horseman was worth the heat!

Pros:

Parade

Reviewed by klee Review Date: 09/26/2018

The Halloween Party is my favorite time of year to go to Walt Disney World. I love that I can dress in costume and trick-or-treat just like the kids. There is always plenty of time to get lots of great candy and walk on several rides during this event. The parade is the best. We always show up very early (they let you in around 4)and stay until it's over. It's definitely worth the money.

Pros:

Special Photo Spots, lots of great candy, you can relax and have fun without getting the daylights scared out of you

Cons:

It's usually still hot at this time of year so be careful what you decide to wear as a costume

Reviewed by Colleen Review Date: 09/26/2018

We love this party, and this was our fourth year in a row attending. We love the atmosphere, costumes, trick or treating, Boo to You Parade and Hallowishes. I have read a lot of people complaining about the crowds, and although it had gotten more crowded over the years we have had no trouble doing the things we like. We had short wait times for rides, decent spots for the parade without camping out ahead of time, and came away with plenty of candy. Even though the trick or treating lines seem very long they move quickly and they are quite generous. We don't do the character meet and greets so I can't comment on that, but I have heard those lines were quite long. We look forward to doing this again next year.

Pros:

general Halloween atmosphere fun parade and shows manageable wait times Trick or Treating

Cons:

becoming more crowded limited food options for dinner

Reviewed by tmmartin Review Date: 09/26/2018

BY FAR our most favorite special event in the parks, and we've done most of them over the year. If you are a character stalker (like my kids were when they were young), this is the event for you! You will see many of the rarely found characters, and believe me, we found them all throughout the night. SO LOVED the theme of the night, the atmosphere and the special events of the night. SO WANT TO GO BACK! How am I going to work today, with the beautiful memories of the MNSSHP running around in my head? I won't be able to concentrate. ;)

Pros:

Lower crowd levels Special Boo To You parade Awesome castlefront shows LOVE SEEING ALL THE VILLIANS Beautiful fireworks

Cons:

The price, but you still have to do it if you are visiting the world during the fall.

Other topics in SPECIAL EVENTS at WDW (including Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Food and Wine, runDisney)