Reviews of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (Magic Kingdom)

Each year Mickey hosts the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom. This is a hard ticket event -- meaning you need to purchase a separate ticket for entry (just like Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party). The Magic Kingdom is transformed into a fun spooky haven for trick-or-treaters of all ages.

Requires separate admission ticket.

Fact Sheet and Current Information/Blogs Photos/Videos: http://allears.net/tp/mk/mnssh.htm

Reviewed by Lorie Review Date: 09/27/2018

I had the pleasure of taking a co-worker to the party on 9/21/18. It was her first time visiting any park, so it was thrilling just for that fact. We dressed up and had a wonderful time. Ride lines were terrific (maybe 10 min average) & the Meet/Greet lines were maybe 15-25 min.

Pros:

short lines and able to see the whole park !!!

Cons:

Candy lines were pretty long, but it didn't deter us at all.

Reviewed by JennieSmith Review Date: 09/27/2018

This was out 1st year for the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party and it was a blast! Love that it is less expensive than a day pass, but you still get 8 hours of park time with a lot less people. The lines for the candy were long, but moved fast and they were very generous. We were able to ride quite a few rides and logged about 6 miles( kids run you FAST!!!) This is a perfect way to give the kids a taste of Disney without breaking the bank.

Pros:

At night, cooler, less people, shorted lines on rides

Cons:

cannot use FastPass after 6, only got 1 ride on the Fastpass

Reviewed by Smitty Review Date: 09/27/2018

Had a great time, until the rain came. Not too crowded but way too hot for costumes. Headless horseman was worth the heat!

Pros:

Parade

Reviewed by klee Review Date: 09/26/2018

The Halloween Party is my favorite time of year to go to Walt Disney World. I love that I can dress in costume and trick-or-treat just like the kids. There is always plenty of time to get lots of great candy and walk on several rides during this event. The parade is the best. We always show up very early (they let you in around 4)and stay until it's over. It's definitely worth the money.

Pros:

Special Photo Spots, lots of great candy, you can relax and have fun without getting the daylights scared out of you

Cons:

It's usually still hot at this time of year so be careful what you decide to wear as a costume

Reviewed by Colleen Review Date: 09/26/2018

We love this party, and this was our fourth year in a row attending. We love the atmosphere, costumes, trick or treating, Boo to You Parade and Hallowishes. I have read a lot of people complaining about the crowds, and although it had gotten more crowded over the years we have had no trouble doing the things we like. We had short wait times for rides, decent spots for the parade without camping out ahead of time, and came away with plenty of candy. Even though the trick or treating lines seem very long they move quickly and they are quite generous. We don't do the character meet and greets so I can't comment on that, but I have heard those lines were quite long. We look forward to doing this again next year.

Pros:

general Halloween atmosphere fun parade and shows manageable wait times Trick or Treating

Cons:

becoming more crowded limited food options for dinner

Reviewed by tmmartin Review Date: 09/26/2018

BY FAR our most favorite special event in the parks, and we've done most of them over the year. If you are a character stalker (like my kids were when they were young), this is the event for you! You will see many of the rarely found characters, and believe me, we found them all throughout the night. SO LOVED the theme of the night, the atmosphere and the special events of the night. SO WANT TO GO BACK! How am I going to work today, with the beautiful memories of the MNSSHP running around in my head? I won't be able to concentrate. ;)

Pros:

Lower crowd levels Special Boo To You parade Awesome castlefront shows LOVE SEEING ALL THE VILLIANS Beautiful fireworks

Cons:

The price, but you still have to do it if you are visiting the world during the fall.

Reviewed by MM from Connecticut Review Date: 09/26/2018

Excellent event to attend at least once. It was very fun and festive, and everyone was in the Halloween spirit. Big tip: trick or treating is fun, but cast members hand out the candy, not villains, so not worth spending a lot of time getting candy. Excellent shows and little dance parties that are only seen at this party.

Pros:

Short lines for attractions -- we rode all our favorites with little or no wait, including Seven Dwarf's Mine Train.

Cons:

Very long lines for characters. And watch the weather -- the parade was canceled due to thunderstorms, so we never got to see it.

Reviewed by bellebookworm9 Review Date: 09/10/2018

We attended MNSSHP for the first time since 2011 on Labor Day 2018 (Monday, September 3rd). While I didn’t dress up as anything specific, I was fully decked out in Halloween shirt, leggings, socks, tutu, and Minnie Mouse Ears from 2015 (and got tons of compliments on all of it, especially the ears, which are no longer available).

We had a 5:20 ADR at Crystal Palace and arrived at the park around 5, and directed toward Market Street (behind Main Street) to pick up our candy bags and visit first candy stop. They had decorations and photo ops (small character statues in costume, MNSSHP “frames”) but as it was 5:09 and all lines had several people already, we skipped the extras.

By the time we finished dinner it was about 6:50 and anyone without party wristbands was being escorted out. We headed to Adventureland and lined up for Tarzan, Terk, and Jane. Although there were only a few groups ahead of me, they had more people come and join them so it took about 20 minutes to get to the front of the line - and there was no Photopass photographer.

After that, we didn’t meet any more characters because they all had longer lines. We rode Pirates (20 minute wait) and I wasn’t really impressed with the hyped-up Gunpowder Pete addition. Kind of lame, actually. Rode BTMRR with no wait. Haunted Mansion waited about 5 minutes - love the CM makeup during the parties!

Visited every candy stop from Adventureland clockwise through the park to Storybook Circus and then our bags were full. They were VERY generous with candy and lines moved quickly all night. Received a good variety of different kinds of chocolate, M&Ms, starbursts, skittles, etc.

We saw the fireworks from the hub at 10:15, watched the Hocus Pocus show at 10:45 from same spot (a little far but perfectly audible) and stayed in place (handicapped viewing) for 11:15 parade. Love the fireworks and parade!

It’d be easy to visit 2-3 parties just to try and get everything done. We saw Madame Rinatta outsize Mansion and she was so funny. Took a couple of Photopass photos with Hitchhiking ghosts. Need at least one party to meet characters and one to do all the other things! Our party was definitely not sold out and the temperature was nice. Disappointing that they’ve slowly phased out a lot of the Villain meets over the years. Now it’s just Cruella, Jafar, Lotso...Jack and Sally aren’t really villains.

Pros:

Short lines for rides, lots of candy, parade and fireworks were great

Cons:

Character lines are long; few villains to meet any more

Reviewed by mbelerique19 Review Date: 10/10/2017

We decided a week before our trip that we wanted to attend the Halloween party. I was really sold on the exclusive merchandise, food, and entertainment. I wish we would have been able to enter the park at 4pm instead of 7pm so we would have had more time but we were able to see both the Hocus Pocus performance and the Hallowishes fireworks. I tried the candy corn soft serve ice cream and it was great. Not overly sweet. We would definitely do this again and can't wait for the chance to do a Christmas party.

Pros:

Exclusive merchandise & desserts

Cons:

Can be pricey

Reviewed by mawdryn Review Date: 10/26/2016

My husband, daughter (16) and I attended MNSSHP on Sunday, October 23rd. This was our first party since 2007, and it was exactly as I remembered. The crowds were low, and we walked on just about everything. Mine Train had a consistent 30 minute wait, but we had a FP for it, so we walked right on.

We came home with 3, gallon sized, Zip Lock bags full of candy (Dove bars, M&M's, Lifesaver gummies, Snickers, Skittles, Milky Way and Trix).

The parade was AWESOME and the fireworks spectacular!!!!

Pros:

Low Crowds, Lots of Candy and Short Ride Times

Cons:

Character Lines were VERY Long all Night...

Other topics in SPECIAL EVENTS at WDW (including Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Food and Wine, runDisney)