Reviews of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (Magic Kingdom)

Each year Mickey hosts the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom. This is a hard ticket event -- meaning you need to purchase a separate ticket for entry (just like Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party). The Magic Kingdom is transformed into a fun spooky haven for trick-or-treaters of all ages.

Requires separate admission ticket.

Fact Sheet and Current Information/Blogs Photos/Videos: http://allears.net/tp/mk/mnssh.htm

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/08/2019

We attended 9/29 and the reviews are correct. It was too crowded, which was disappointing. We did enjoy the overlay on Space Mt (total darkness), and the fireworks were good. Other that that, it's not something I'd do again unless Disney lowered the number of tickets.

Pros:

Space Mt overlay Fireworks

Cons:

Too crowded and too expensive

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/08/2019

This was the first ticketed event we've attended. I've always heard that the crowds are low and the parties are amazing. I did not get that experience. We arrived at 5:00 to mass chaos just to get into the park and get our bands. We received minimal candy, rode 2 rides and sat from 8:00 - 10:30 in front of the castle, only to have to hold our 5 year old so she could see the shows. We saw no characters as the lines for even Pooh and friends was close to an hour. We thought going on a Sunday night at the beginning of October would produce less people. We waited 30 minutes just go get food at Cosmic Rays at 5:30. Aside from the actual shows and parade, the best parts were seeing other costumes and no line at Joffrey's. It definitely wasn't worth the money.

Pros:

Fireworks show, costumes, Boo To You Parade, Hocus Pocus show

Cons:

WAY too many people

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/08/2019

We were at the MNSSHP Friday night 9/27 and it was absolutely miserable. We've done these parties in the past (we've been visiting since 1998) and never, and I mean NEVER was it this crowded. This party was advertised as \"tickets limited \", but with the selling of the $299 passes for residents (or very frequent visitors) to go to every party (even allowing access to sold out parties) it made this really unpleasant. We will not be repeating any of these seasonal events in the future if Disney wants to continue to sell those passes. To say something is \"a limited ticket event\" but then allow masses of extra people in when it is already considered \"sold out\" makes it no longer \"limited\". I believe this is extremely false advertising and misleading to guests. We were unable to even walk through the park at some points and ended up leaving the park before 9pm due to the crowds. Even the cast members at the park knew it was overcrowded as they were making announcements asking for people to volunteer to trade their tickets for another party or volunteer to leave. That is unacceptable.

We've been to MK during all different times of year and this party was more crowded than even some regular busy days at MK. It wasn't even so much the wait times as just trying to make your way across the park, enjoy the parade, get candy, or be in the hub. People were frustrated, nasty, and this includes cast members. We really felt that the difference was likely all the people that had purchased the passes and were granted admission even with the party being sold out. Even the cast members were commenting on this being an issue and seemed frustrated. Long, long, long, lines at the treat stations. HM had a 50 min wait at 9pm which was right before the parade so the masses sitting and waiting for the parade and watching the shows in the hub didn't even help ease the lines. Needless to say it was very disappointing for us and we ended up just leaving at about 9pm, total waste of money. Additionally, people were still entering the party when we were leaving, and clearly those are not people that paid for a one time event. We had originally planned on waiting for the people with the young kids to leave and ease the crowds a bit, but after seeing all the people still heading in, we were glad we didn't. The entire experience was disheartening for us since we had been looking forward to this party for months, purchased costumes, and it was the very last night of our trip.

I hope Disney takes these comments into consideration when deciding on offering the passes for the Christmas party this year. It is frustrating for those of us that have been visiting for years and only get one day each season to enjoy this event. I have no idea why allowing locals this type of access to these seasonal parties was necessary.

Pros:

Seeing cute costumes

Cons:

Everything else!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/08/2019

My family has been going to this event for 20 years and this year is going to be our last. We spent the morning at MK before taking a break at the resort to change into our Halloween outfits. We had less wait times all day! We waited an hour on Main Street for the parade and then sill could not see the Castle show well because of the crowds.

Pros:

Evening fireworks show

Cons:

CROWDS AND PRICE

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/08/2019

Way too crowded! This was the first party in 3 years where we stood wall to wall with people. It felt like a normal busy day in the MK and for that extra charge I was super bummed about the crowds.

Pros:

The parade is the best part of the party!

Cons:

Totally oversold - too many crowds!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/08/2019

It was busier and the lines were longer for rides than a regular evening at the Magic Kingdom. I even had trouble finding a bottle of water which is a real issue in August. It was over crowded and treat lines were too long. I was hoping for a leisurely park evening with extra treats and instead walked into an overcrowded park. I will never pay the extra for that again.

Pros:

Cons:

Overcrowded, limited water availability.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/08/2019

The crowds were so bad. People talked about the amount of candy you would get and we barely got any. Candy was at the rides which had long lines. No crowd control, could barely turn around because so many people were crammed on top of you. Hard with small kids or if anyone was sitting down for a rest. Def anything but magical. P

Pros:

Fireworks were great and the parade was good.

Cons:

Sat in the same spot for over 2 1/2 hours so we could try and see everything. Crowds were insane. Lines for food and rides were so long. Barely any candy passed out.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/08/2019

This was my 5th time attending a MNSSHP. We arrived to the party around 5:00. There was a huge bottleneck at the entrance to get in and get wristbands. We were shocked to find out that our party on September 22nd was a sold out event. We grabbed a bite at Casey’s first thing and waited 20 minutes to get our food. Next we headed to the Laugh Floor and enjoyed the Halloween overlay and got our treat bags and only candy of the night. We were only able to ride Space Mountain and Pirates. We waited 25 minutes to try the Peter Pan float and Snake Eyes drink. No one in our group liked the Float but the Snake Eyes drink was tasty. We waited around 20 minutes for a Constance Wedding Cake and Hitchhiking Ghost popcorn container. The cake was inedible. The consistency was very gelatinous and we all agreed it was not for us. I found out that in order to collect the other two
Ghosts to complete the set we had to weave through parade traffic over to Pacos Bills and then to Golden Oaks. It was quiet a hassle to wait in so many long lines for a souviner . We were excited to see the new Jack Skellington narrated Fireworks so we claimed a spot in a grassy area off of Main Street. Everyone was packed very close together. After the fireworks we headed closer to the castle to see the Sanderson Sisters stage show. The packed crowds around the castle reminded me of New Years Eve. We were frustrated at this point my kids didn’t want to stay for the parade and we made our way back to the hotel.

Pros:

Special fireworks show and parade.

Cons:

Large crowds. Long lines for attractions, special snacks, and candy.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/08/2019

I just attended the Oct 1 Halloween Party and I can attest to the crowds. I was shocked that the party sold out. It was the fifth party to sell out. The crowds were everywhere. Lines were long for rides. Haunted Mansion never had less than 45 minute wait.

The exclusive rides weren’t worth it either. The live action pirates in Pirates of the Caribbean numbered 3 on the ride and 1 in the queue. Space mountain had an issue so instead of being pitch black it was partially lit up, which seeing all the rails and everything actually made it a bit scarier, so positive?

The lines for candy stations were winding and could take 15 minutes to get through. Learned the lesson after going through the one at Country Bear Jamboree to avoid them. Found a decent spot in front of the castle and had to stake out a seat 45 minutes before the second parade to get a decent view.

I went with some first timers and they were disappointed as I have done it before plus Christmas Party twice and I always talked about the reduced crowds. Not so this time. I was disappointed and would have rather just added another park day to my 6-Day pass instead of this event. It is a shame because I enjoy these events but I may not be inclined to do it again unless I hear about changes.

Pros:

Castle show and chance to trick or treat as an adult

Cons:

As crowded as an afternoon in the park on a normal day. Long lines to get candy. Special rides were barely special.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/07/2019

We had the best time! We went during the second week of September and the crowd level was not super crazy. The only time we felt it was really busy was during the firework show but that always happens. We love that you can get into the park before the party starts! We got there around 4:30 and rode 8 rides before the party was officially started. Definitely recommend!

Pros:

Candy, rides, photo ops, parade!

Cons:

Never feels long enough lol

Other topics in SPECIAL EVENTS at WDW (including Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Food and Wine, runDisney)