Reviews of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (Magic Kingdom)

Each year Mickey hosts the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom. This is a hard ticket event -- meaning you need to purchase a separate ticket for entry (just like Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party). The Magic Kingdom is transformed into a fun spooky haven for trick-or-treaters of all ages.

Requires separate admission ticket.

Fact Sheet and Current Information/Blogs Photos/Videos: http://allears.net/tp/mk/mnssh.htm

Reviewer: sand935 Review Date: 09/28/2018

I went to the party on a tuesday. When I talked to friends it sounded like this party was less crowded than the weekend parties. i thought it was the most crowed party I have been to in four years. If this had been my first party I would have liked it a lot. Knowing what parties included in other years I was disappointed in the changes. Character lines were longer so only did one toward the end of the night.

Pros:

Fun party cheap day at the park with the special ticket

Cons:

crowds no special candy leaving the park no wurthers caramels long character lines

Reviewer: annat856 Review Date: 09/28/2018

I love this party, the Boo to You Parade and the fireworks are some of the very best of what Disney World has to offer in my opinion. Plan to get there early they let party goers arrive as early as 4pm. We always go on rides that we have fastpasses for first. ( during the parks regular hours fastpasses aren't available during party hrs) We grab a counter service dinner and begin trick or treating as soon as they let you. Be sure to get some of the unique photopass spot pics such as the Haunted Mansion. We try to snag a good spot for the parade I know that everyone says to skip the first parade but if it's a must do for you like it is for me then try to watch the first one. It's my favorite parade! After the fireworks the crowds go down and we just end up walking onto rides. The parties have become very popular and the crowds are much bigger than they were 10 yrs ago so keep that in mind and have fun!

Pros:

Best parade and fireworks that Disney has to offer!

Cons:

more crowds than it used to be

Reviewer: Dee Review Date: 09/28/2018

We had never done the Halloween party but had done the Christmas one. The Halloween one far exceeded our expectations. That was my favorite part of the whole trip!

Pros:

We got on more rides with little wait. The parade and fireworks were outstanding!

Cons:

Little more crowded then we would have preferred. Wasn’t wild about the Halloween party merchandise.

Reviewer: Tamara Ervin Review Date: 09/27/2018

This was my first MNSSHP, and I am on the fence about whether it was worth it or not. I went on a Tuesday in September, the crowds were not horrible, but everything still had a wait. I was expecting more than what was there, based on reviews of previous years. There was no way anyone could get through the whole party by midnight. I am just not as "wow'd" as I thought I would be.

Pros:

Good candy, shorter ride lines

Cons:

Way too hot, long lines for candy and characters

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/27/2018

We had a blast going to the Party came home with lots of candy! Love the parade and the fireworks. Disney does it Right!

Pros:

Awesome fireworks!

Reviewer: disfam4 Review Date: 09/27/2018

This was our first year to attend. It was a Sunday evening but I still thought there were alot of people. The early parade was very crowded and people came and stood in front if others that had been waiting in their spot for a while. We did enjoy the trick or treating, tons of candy handed out. Only rose a handful of rides and those wait times were pretty low. Sampled several treat special to just party night, the Jack Skellington pop was my favorite. Make sure you watch fireworks, very good!

Pros:

Lower ride times, lots of candy, special fireworks

Cons:

Very crowded, maybe need to lower amount of tickets sold

Reviewer: auntiekeiki Review Date: 09/27/2018

My family attended the party for the first time this year. It is worth the ticket price. We loved the parade, fireworks show and the Sanderson sisters stage show. We were able to meet a lot of Disney characters that are not normally out during the daytime. The addition of a real life pirate to the Pirates ride was a nice touch and quite cute. Space Mountain in the dark this year was scarier. The lighting in the spinning tea cups ride was super neat! I had no idea that we would end up with so much candy! I was impressed with the amount of home made costumes other park goers were wearing. It was worth every penny and will definitely go again.

Pros:

Lots of candy Lots of Disney characters

Cons:

The hot Florida weather Long lines

Reviewer: cindyfan Review Date: 09/27/2018

Needs desperately to be updated. This event hasn't seen many changes or upgrades in forever. It's great to go once... maybe once every 6-8 years! But if you've seen it recently, save your money. And they need to sell less tickets.

Pros:

Fireworks. Parade (if you've never seen it before, it's fun)

Cons:

Too crowded. Nothing has changed in many, many years! needs something new and fresh (besides Hocus-Pocus which is already "old" after 3 years)

Reviewer: Foodrocks Review Date: 09/27/2018

We visited the MNSSHP in 2016 family of 4 (2 adults and 14 and 10 year old). We absolutely loved the experience. It was so much fun and we still talk about it today. We cannot wait to try it again. We loved the trick or treating that was set up everywhere. The cast members are generous with the candy and gave us so much. We also loved riding our favourite attractions with no wait. There was a parade, firework show and stage show also that was fun and exciting. We travel every year to Disney so appreciate anything we haven't seen before. They offered special foods for the event but very hard to get them because they sell out quickly. Also lots of extra characters to meet but very long lines for them.

Pros:

No wait for rides and lots of extras. Fun atmosphere.

Cons:

If it was raining earlier in the day, the headless horseman will not be in the parade. This was a little disappointing. Also, pick what you want to do or eat immediately as lines for characters are very long and special event food sells out fast.

Reviewer: Lorie Review Date: 09/27/2018

I had the pleasure of taking a co-worker to the party on 9/21/18. It was her first time visiting any park, so it was thrilling just for that fact. We dressed up and had a wonderful time. Ride lines were terrific (maybe 10 min average) & the Meet/Greet lines were maybe 15-25 min.

Pros:

short lines and able to see the whole park !!!

Cons:

Candy lines were pretty long, but it didn't deter us at all.