Reviews of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (Magic Kingdom)

Each year Mickey hosts the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom. This is a hard ticket event -- meaning you need to purchase a separate ticket for entry (just like Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party). The Magic Kingdom is transformed into a fun spooky haven for trick-or-treaters of all ages.

Requires separate admission ticket.

Fact Sheet and Current Information/Blogs Photos/Videos: http://allears.net/tp/mk/mnssh.htm

Reviewed by pamrrowan44 Review Date: 04/19/2019

I took my older granddaughter in 2012 and Mickey's Not So Scary was wonderful. The crowd was very small, we rode many of the rides with little or no wait and took part in all the special evening events. I took both my granddaughters this past year, 2018, and it was not at all the same. This time there were too many people to really enjoy anything. The ride waits were quite long, the kids could hardly see the show at the castle because of the crowds and the specialty desserts were very small for the very costly price that they were. I would like to hope that Disney will take a look at the negatives from people and go back to limiting the tickets they sell for this event each night. They advertise that it is a much less crowded experience, but that is not the case anymore. However, I would still recommend that people who have not been give it a try as at some point Disney may fix the negatives and it is quite a fun event!

Pros:

The wonderful candy, seeing all the great costumes, the parade is the best parade at the kingdoms and the show at the castle is terrific.

Cons:

Much too crowded to enjoy the night, ride waits way too long and dessert prices much too high for what you get.

Reviewed by Janet Review Date: 04/18/2019

Took out granddaughter for her birthday. She loved it. Also first time for me. Would live to go every year

Pros:

It was fantastic. The candy just barrels and barrels. Chocolate heaven not to mention we felt like we almost had the park to ourselves. Lines for rides were so short. Some no lines at all. Definetly the place to be .

Cons:

Non at all

Reviewed by Kathy Review Date: 04/18/2019

This trip was a 25th wedding anniversary gift from our daughter and it was during the Not So Scary Halloween Party that we realized how much fun Disney can be without our kids! Just me and my Husband going trick or treating like children and having the best time! We even got a pic with the Seven Dwarfs- they are only together once a year! Loved the parade and the headless horseman was thrilling ! A really fun time! And when we went in September the park was very empty! We rode so many rides over and over again!

Pros:

Lots of candy!

Reviewed by Stitch1623 Review Date: 04/17/2019

Entertainment is great- the dance party, the show, the parade with the headless horseman, ride wait times are very short (if at all), kids loved trick or treating in magic kingdom and dressing up in the park. Yes it is expensive and the wait times for the party specific characters were outrageous but for something you don’t do every year, we think it was worth it.

Pros:

Great entertainment, trick or treating in magic kingdom, no to low ride wait times, special photo opportunities and merchandise

Cons:

Ticket price, long waits for characters

Reviewed by Gingy160 Review Date: 01/08/2019

Oh my goodness did we have fun! We attended our very first MNSSHP on 10/30/18. Yes, it was crowded, but no worse than a low-medium crowd level day. We had a blast trick-or-treating (estimate of 15-18 pounds of candy between the three of us) and seeing everyone's costumes -- loved all the dads dressed as Maui. My husband was an Oompa Loompa and my 9 year old son was Willy Wonka, so they were quite the hit with other party attendees. We loved the parade, fireworks, and and special Halloween Magic Shots. We didn't bother with any rides, and sadly didn't get to see any characters. There's always next year!

Pros:

Costumes, parade, so.much.candy.

Cons:

Price, crowds

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/18/2018

Way too many tickets sold for the night of October 31, 2018. Cast members were not as efficient with crowd control for the first parade. Ride and candy lines were long with 30 minutes plus wait for most rides. Enjoyed the interaction with the Haunted Mansion "ghosts".

Pros:

Park was decorated for Halloween Good candy

Cons:

Too many people for this day of the event!!!!!

Reviewed by jessicahs Review Date: 11/08/2018

We have been to the MNSSHP several times in the past and I could definitely tell that this year on 10/30/18 they sold WAY too many tickets. The crowds were crazy huge. The candy was good, cast members seemed very into it. The parade and fireworks are the best.

Pros:

Trick or treating, Boo to You parade, fireworks

Cons:

Crowds

Reviewed by disneydiner Review Date: 11/07/2018

First time for this event. Great costumes, lots of candy, food (Maleficent soft serve cone!), rides, parade, show, fireworks, special Photopass shots, fun!

Pros:

Ride lines not long, Columbia Harbor house dinner good, People so clever with costumes

Cons:

Takes a long time to get back to the hotel once the party is over

Reviewed by dreams Review Date: 10/07/2018

I gave MNSSHP an 8 because we did not go on any rides, see any characters or trick or treat. Speaking as two seniors we went to see the parade, show and fireworks. We have been to WDW several times in October but that was pre MNSSHP so this was our first time. We just visited the Magic Kingdom in December so we did not feel the need to go on any rides. We attended on a Tuesday night and it did not feel overly crowded. I did alittle shopping first, wanted to get the event pin and them we found a spot we liked in the central hub and waited for the first Hocus Pocus show to start. The weather prevented the show from finishing but was so good we hoped the weather wouldn't prevent the second show from going on. We watched the parade which was very cute and the song does get stuck in your head for the evening. The second Hocus Pocus show came on and was fabulous, we really enjoyed it. Hocus Pocus is one of my husband's favorite movies. The fireworks were spectacular. We thoroughly enjoyed the evening and for the two of us the price wasn't bad.

Pros:

The Hocus Pocus show and fireworks

Cons:

lack of food choices, eat before you go

Reviewed by Janet Review Date: 10/01/2018

We took our granddaughter for the first time to “ Mickeys not so scary Holloween party”. We all loved it. It was certainly worth the extra ticket price. Can’t wait till next year!!!

Pros:

Smaller crowds. Treat lines were so quick. Lines for rides very fast.