Reviews of MagicBand (wristband)

Worn on the wrist, an all-in-one device that connects all the choices you made online. Use it to buy food, enter your Disney hotel room, purchase merchandise and allows you to access FastPass+, connects you to PhotoPass and more.

The program is being rolled out over time.

Reviewed by Beth Review Date: 09/26/2018

Convenient for any guest if you are planning on parkhopping, using FastPasses, using PhotoPass. Even more convenient for guests staying on property, as you can use it as a room key and also link your credit card to it. I loved not having to take anything except my MagicBand when I went to the resort pool. We were able to buy drinks and even rent bikes for the ride between Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter, all at the flick of my wrist! But beware if you have poor impulse control like I do...it's easy to rack up a huge bill when you're not pulling out cash or a credit card.

Pros:

convenient, easy to use, waterproof

Cons:

easy to spend \"invisible\" money

Reviewed by Karen Schlaker Review Date: 09/26/2018

Overall, good

Pros:

Easy to use - can upload tickets to bands, can turn off / deactivate to save battery between trips or when lost

Cons:

It came off my daughters' arm on the last day - checked lost in found - It was never turned in; would love to see them with replaceable batteries

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

have bunches of different colors which is fun to match my outfit..easy to use

Pros:

ease of use

Cons:

sweaty under the band..irritates

Reviewed by bethocindigo Review Date: 10/20/2016

Our family absolutely LOVED this new technological feature of our Disney Vacation. Rather than having to run your debit card at every store & restaurant, simply wave your band at a key station and enter your pin then voila'- everything your need will be added to your resort room's bill if you are staying on property. SO MUCH EASIER and fun to use.

Pros:

secure, quick, and easy!

Reviewed by Swin1989 Review Date: 05/14/2016

This was our first trip using magic bands. We LOVED them! Our room was ready before we got there and our magic bands worked first try. We had vouchers for annual passes so we heading over to Disney Springs to exchange those. We never had any issues with our magic bands trying to get into parks, or using them for fast passes. Actually we had never used fast passes before because I didn't want another thing to have to keep track of. The magic bands along with the app made using fast passes a GOD SEND!! Loved it!! We didn't wait in any lines to speak of. And about a week before our deadline to order them, they came out with purple, my favorite color!!! How PERFECT.

Reviewed by MWS Review Date: 11/18/2015

The bands are great, they are easy to use and you don’t have to worry about digging them out of a bag like you would the cards. I saw several bands that individuals had decorated themselves, which is a great idea over spending money on one of the specialized bands. They can get a little sweaty on hot days. We wanted to use the same bands from a previous trip, but the My Disney Experience app would not allow us to link them, I called and she said to just bring the bands with us, but Disney sent us new bands anyway. Disney needs to work out a way to reuse bands without wasting time and resources sending out new ones.

Pros:

Easy to use

Cons:

Unable to reuse the bands

Reviewed by Cyrnanc Review Date: 07/21/2015

I really liked the magic bands. It was almost too easy to make purchases. I liked it better than the only cards since they are right on your wrist-no digging for cards. Just like the other review I kept looking at it for a watch which was ver annoying. They did sell a slide on clock for it in the gift shop but it was $20. I would have bought it if it was less money. Next time I would be sure to wear a watch along with the magic band. It didn't work a few times when trying to make a purchase so I would also bring a credit card with you. I liked the magic band and what better way to get excited about your upcoming Disney trip than to open your box of magic bands in the mail?

Pros:

Easy to use for purchases

Cons:

Had trouble a few times using-needs a clock

Reviewed by mawdryn Review Date: 06/29/2015

I absolutely love the MagicBands! I have used them 3 times now, the last being in June at POFQ. It's so nice to have all your reservations linked to this bracelet, as well as it being the key to your resort room. I never had to worry about carrying cash, or fumbling in my purse for the room key at the end of a busy day.

The only issue we had was when checking into POR, the bands were trying to link a past trip, so they all had to be reprogrammed. This took about a half hour and many apologies from the cast members assisting us. Because of our inconvenience, we (my party of 4) were all given 2 extra fast passes per person to use as we liked at MK.

I hope this is something Disney keeps for a very long time.

Pros:

Convenient

Reviewed by dreams Review Date: 05/19/2015

It's probably my age but I found the band uncomfortable to wear. I wear a wristwatch on my left arm which is the arm I needed to wear the magic band to have it work on the hotel door and to get into the parks, being right-handed. It fell off my husband's wrist as we were getting off the safari but thankfully a woman behind us noticed and stopped us. I ended up carrying them like the old cards and taking them out when we needed them. They did not seem to help get people in the parks any faster.

Pros:

convenience

Cons:

uncomfortable

Reviewed by MCMod Review Date: 04/17/2015

Originally posted by LFellows

I have issues with FP+, but I actually liked the Magic Bands. We found them to be very convenient. The kids could come and go from the room without having to track us down to get the key. We never had to carry cash as everything can be charged to the magic band. The Magic Band works very well with the FP+ readers in the parks. You can access your room, entry to parks, and use fastpasses with just a tap of the band. Purchases require a tap of the band and a 4-digit passcode.

Just a couple of issues we encountered;
1) If I had a dollar for every time I looked at the band thinking it was a watch, I could have paid for the trip. Maybe a future upgrade could include a cheap digital watch in the band?

2) We got really used to not carrying money - which became a problem. If you want to get a snack and use it as your snack in your meal plan - no problem. If you want to get something cheaper, like a bottle of water, the default is for that to be charged as a snack - not a good value, and a real pain if the cahier has to back the purchase out and charge it like a credit card on the band! Better to carry a little cash for small purchases where you don't want to use a meal plan snack credit. Same goes for tips - these aren't included in the meal plan.

Not sure what the procedure is if you lose the thing. We saw one on the Autopia track so it must happen all of the time. They get knocked off pretty easy if you are digging around in a bag.

Pros:

handy, convenient, somewhat stylish

Cons:

kept looking at it like it was a watch

Other topics in My Disney Experience (MDE) (Magic Bands)