Reviews of MagicBand (wristband)

Worn on the wrist, an all-in-one device that connects all the choices you made online. Use it to buy food, enter your Disney hotel room, purchase merchandise and allows you to access FastPass+, connects you to PhotoPass and more.

The program is being rolled out over time.

Reviewed by Ashull Review Date: 04/25/2019

Love the magic band, very comfortable to wear and easy to keep track of park tickets and scanning fast passes are a breeze.

Pros:

Comfortable, easy park access, easy to use for photos

Cons:

Need to make sure it’s on esp on younger kids can fall off the arm and be lost if your not paying attention

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/24/2019

Genious invention!

Pros:

Ease of getting onto Magical Express, into your room, into the parks, using photopass, paying for meals with or without the dining plan.

Cons:

Maybe a little hard to keep it on little ones.

Reviewed by San Review Date: 04/24/2019

Magic bands and small children

Pros:

Hopefully Disney will come up with a solution for this because it is a waste of everyone's time.

Cons:

I come to Disney world once a month with a different subset of Grandchildren. All the smaller children have a problem every time with the fingerprint scanner. I cannot put my fingerprint on their band, since their parents bring them also. I wish there was a better way to do this with the small children.

Reviewed by KimH134 Review Date: 04/21/2019

convenience on your wrist

Pros:

Not having to worry about taking a bunch of money into the parks. Convenient to have everything tied to band.

Cons:

You can spend to much if you are not careful. Also I had a wrist band that didn't want to stay closed, so I lost it temporarily. Had to get a pinable fob for it to go it. (Nobody else in my family had this problem.)

Reviewed by MassMike Review Date: 04/18/2019

Lots of cool options

Pros:

Various designs to choose from, easier than hard tickets

Reviewed by Dave B Review Date: 10/01/2018

I think the Magic Bands are one of the greatest ideas they have come up with, it makes things so convenient and easy to use. It allows you to not need a wallet and makes everything so seemless

Pros:

Easy to use, convenient, many designs and colors

Cons:

I cannot think of one

Reviewed by Janet Review Date: 10/01/2018

Very convient. Never had to worry about having cash, credit cards on you possibly at the risk of loosing.

Pros:

Loaded my granddaughters with her spending money that she was allowed to spend. She loved it

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/01/2018

Up until this last trip, I would have rated the MagicBand much higher. For me, it worked about 99% on the first try when entering the parks. Unfortunately for my husband, it worked once on the first try when entering the parks. We spent 9 days having his band reset, his picture taken, changing the finger he used, and cast members telling him he was pressing to firmly, not firmly enough, move his finger back a little, move his finger forward a little, etc. It was totally frustrating and a little comical by day 9.

Pros:

Great for opening resort doors, paying for food and merchandise.

Cons:

When it doesn't work and there is no solution to fix the issue.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/01/2018

Would take the magic bandsbands over the old tickets. Love them

Pros:

So easy to use

Cons:

No cons

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 09/30/2018

I love the service. I like wearing my a little loose so I slip it off to use. I do not have to
twist my arm around to use.

Pros:

has everything on it, no need for a purse or wallet

Cons:

Other topics in My Disney Experience (MDE) (Magic Bands)