Reviews of Magical Express

Disney Transportation for Orlando International Airport (MCO) to Walt Disney World resorts.

Reviewer: sand935 Review Date: 10/01/2018

buses are comfortable and the drivers are usually very entertaining. nice not having to rent a car.
having the luggage delivered to you room is fantastic. can check in luggage at the resort, don't have to take it to the airport

Pros:

free service to and from airport

Cons:

pick up and drop offs can be as many as four resorts so very time consuming,

Reviewer: vincent Review Date: 09/30/2018

free, easy

Pros:

free, luggage, comfortable, climate, drop off at hotel

Cons:

wait at airport for bus, early arrival at airport for departure

Reviewer: Georgia G Review Date: 09/29/2018

Our family used the shuttle to going from the resort to the airport and everything went really smoothly. I left the room first, so I had my luggage storaged at the resort so I could leave the room and still go to the parks.

Pros:

The ride to the airport went really fast with the interaction on board and the last sprinkles of magic :')

Cons:

I think if you do things in a rush, chances are you can mess up - so plan and take your time to follow the instructions, read the info and if you have questions, ask to the cast members before jumping on a bus or to double check if you are ok.

Reviewer: ctnbjedi Review Date: 09/29/2018

It's always nice when you do not have to struggle with your luggage. You get your luggage tags about a month in advance, and once you drop your bags at your home airport you fo not see them till they arrive in your room.

Pros:

Luggage handling is the best.

Cons:

Slow loading and unloading of wheelchair passengers.

Reviewer: Jane Buie Review Date: 09/27/2018

Who wouldn't love free transportation and delivery of your bags straight to your resort? It's a no brainer... In the "old days" we used to hire a car to and from the airport, depending on the size of our group. Sometimes it would be $150 each way and then add in the tip. After arriving we had to tote our own bags. I think recent new visitors don't realize what a great deal this service is!

Pros:

Everything done for you and you only have to drop your carry-ons (if you have them) at your resort before running to your first park!

Cons:

Sometimes the buses take longer than usual but that's very infrequent

Reviewer: janiceb402 Review Date: 09/26/2018

It's a free ride from the airport! You used to have to pay $36 or something like that from Mears. They pick up your luggage for you and deliver it to your room. There are cartoons and fun Disney videos on the bus on the way. What's not to like????? Yes, it does sometimes take a while for your luggage to get delivered to your room. So take your medications, your bathing suit, one set of Florida clothes in your carry-on bag and you are in good shape. If you are traveling with small children, this is the way to go: they can be entertained by the videos during the trip. On one trip I was traveling with a person with a mobility disability. I called ahead and they made sure that we got a bus with handicapped lift. That lift and not having to carry your luggage made all the difference in the world on that trip. One time (out of about 50 Magic Express trips)our bus had to pull over to the side of the highway and we had to transfer to a different bus. They managed to make even that seem like an adventure. Only giving a 9 for the long luggage wait. But I can live with that given all the service that you get for FREE.

Pros:

easy, fun, no extra charge

Cons:

sometimes long wait until luggage arrives

Reviewer: Karen Schlaker Review Date: 09/26/2018

great benefit of staying onsite if you are flying to Orlando

Pros:

very easy to use

Cons:

pick up time to return to the airport makes you loose park time; would love to see option where you could check your luggage in the morning before going to the theme park and have the bus to the airport pick you up at the theme parks

Reviewer: bellebookworm9 Review Date: 02/12/2018

I have used Magical Express many times without problems, so I know our experience this time is not the norm. We arrived just after an influx of cheerleaders so the line for the All Star Resorts stretched all the way back to the podium where you first tap your MagicBands. One of our party uses a cane, one has a walking cast, and one has a bad back, but no options were offered other than standing in the long, slow moving line (I did not know about 2/3 of these ailments prior to arrival or I would have made alternative arrangements!). Thankfully, we were able to take advantage of the first row of seats reserved for "those in need". We stopped at Animal Kingdom Lodge before All Star Sports, and the bus was continuing on to All Star Movies as well.

I landed at 4:45 and the other members landed at 5:45. We returned from dinner at the Beach Club close to 10pm and there was no luggage in either of our rooms. I know that with online check in and the ability to bypass the front desk, "3 hours after check in" is a little more in flux than it used to be...but that is still a VERY long time. I attempted to call Bell Services but they didn't answer, so I went to the desk in person. The manager said they got slammed with three trucks of luggage delivery at once (darn those cheerleaders) and she could see my room's bags were at the resort, having arrived two hours ago, but weren't "Ready" for delivery yet. She said I "should" have them by 11pm. They arrived at 11:03.

Our friends had even worse luck. One of them called to bell services when their luggage still hadn't been delivered by about 11:15 and was told the woman was "going to check". She was left on hold for about 15 minutes with no update - after 11pm the phone rings to the DME people instead of the bell services desk. When they finally returned to the line, my friend was told they had no flight information on her and didn't know where the bags were. As their travel agent, I had email confirmation of submitting their flight info and having it approved. Additionally, the got onto the bus in the first place with no trouble, so they clearly existed in the reservation system. The luggage was finally found and delivered after 12:15am. I'll continue to recommend this service and use it myself if not renting a car, but I'm not sure our friends believed me that it really isn't normal for this situation to happen and doubt they would use it again.

Pros:

Free, bus is comfortable

Cons:

Long line due to cheerleaders, very delayed luggage delivery

Reviewer: rowansam Review Date: 12/06/2017

I have used Disney's Magical Express since it began years ago. I love how it's accessible and free to all guests staying on site. They recently changed their pick-up procedure from 3 hours to 4 hours ahead of your scheduled departure time. My flight was due to take off at 6:45 AM and I was picked up at 2:35 AM. Not only did I arrive at MCO at 3 AM I also arrived 45 minutes before TSA opened! Since you cannot proceed to your gate till you go through security I was forced to sit for 45 minutes. Once I was through security at 3:05 AM I still had 2.5 hours till my flight even boarded! I think getting people to the airport early is GREAT! But for a 6:45 AM flight I do not think that I needed to be there prior to TSA enjoying their breakfast. Just be aware of when your flight takes off in the morning you might be better off taking an Uber.

Pros:

Free, Comfortable and Accessible

Cons:

4 Hour Pick up Time

Reviewer: Gingy160 Review Date: 12/06/2017

When we go to WDW we go only to WDW, so the Magical Express is fantastic -- easy, convenient. However, the recent change to picking guests up FOUR HOURS before their flight home is uncool for those of us with TSA PreCheck. It's bad enough that we have to leave WDW, but to sit in the airport for over three hours doing nothing is just adding insult to injury. I'm hoping Disney adds the option of taking a later bus if you have PreCheck ...

Pros:

Easy

Cons:

Pick up is too early