Reviews of La Hacienda de San Angel

View Menus at La Hacienda de San Angel Dining Location

Read more about La Hacienda de San Angel including links to the menus here :

Waterside table service restaurant in Mexico.

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 01/07/2019

My wife and I ordered the Last Hacienda for two (steak, chicken and chorizo) with sides. The sides we're good. The chicken was ok. They steak was horribly tough! It was like chewing gum. We left half of it on the serving platter. I was appalled that they would try to pass of grilled "slim Jim's" as chorizo. OMG! It was literally Slim Jim's!

Someone please explain to me why they won't place salt and pepper on the table? We had to ask for salt and wait for it to arrive (5-7 minutes). When it arrived, we found out you had to ask for pepper, too. We asked for that but ate before it arrived.

Pros:

Quick seating

Cons:

Little value

Reviewer: Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

The food here isn't that much better than La Cantina de San Angel, you just get larger portions. I don't like this place because I came for diner to watch Illuminations. They pipe the music in, I asked for an Illuminations table, said I would wait for a good seat. When we sat down the table seemed like it didn't have a good angle and there were pillars in our way. I said I would wait for a better table but was assured this was a "great location". Well it wasn't a good location, it was bad. It was the worst spot I've had for Illuminations, we ended up going outside the 2nd half to see it.

Pros:

Decent food

Cons:

For me had a really bad view of Illuminations

Reviewer: gullgeorge Review Date: 12/10/2017

We had the Del Mar (grilled shrimp, scallops and fish) for two and the food was excellent and plenty for two people. This was one of the nest meals we have had for sometime at Disney. Excellent service and the only downside was fitting all the food on a table for two.

Pros:

Service, Atmosphere

Reviewer: Gingy160 Review Date: 12/06/2017

Our party was very mixed in its opinions of this restaurant. My dinner and my friend's dinner were probably the best we had over the week; my husband said his was the worst; my mom and cousin said theirs were somewhere in between, mom leaning toward the better side, but cousin leaning toward the worse side. The atmosphere was good, the view is outstanding, the service was great. I would go back, my husband would not ...

Pros:

Location, view, food

Cons:

Quality inconsistencies

Reviewer: jjod25 Review Date: 11/01/2017

Food was delicious and the service was very, very fast. A great place for a sit down dinner to give you some time to relax without giving up too much park time.

Pros:

Food and Service

Reviewer: MelissaStone Review Date: 08/31/2017

We ate at 7:30 and asked for window table. It was amazing seeing firework at 9 inside the restaurant. Steak and taco sampler were good. The salad Ensalada de la Hacienda was very fresh and dressing was so yummy. We also ordered Parrillada - Del Mar but wouldn't order it again because the veggie was too spicy to us.

Pros:

View for firework

Cons:

Mashed potatoes taste weird

Reviewer: Vince Review Date: 04/14/2017

We had the steak with the habenero sauce. We were concerned about the spicyness of the meal but our waitress said it really wasn't spicy. We both had this meal and it was great I wish I could have finished everything. Someway they take the heat out of the habanero pepper and just leave the flavor in.

Pros:

Absolutly fantastic and tasty

Reviewer: MemphisMickey Review Date: 10/21/2016

For the third year in a row we ate at La Hacienda. For the third year the overall experience was great. Great location to see illuminations. The restaurant appearance was very clean. The staff was again friendly and attentive to our needs (3 boys and 4 adults).

The food was excellent (costillas en salsa de chile (ribs), taco's de camarones (shrimpt), taquiza (taco sampler)).

Two adults enjoyed a couple versions of margarita's. The beer was very cold the way I like it.

Looking forward to 2017 visit.

Pros:

Appearance, Location for Illuminations, Food

Reviewer: featheredbuddy Review Date: 09/28/2016

Our food was great. Our waitress was great too. Our steak was tender and cooked to perfection. We had great seats for the fireworks. I was reluctant to try eating here and am so glad I did.

Pros:

Good food Cast members are really nice and helpful.

Reviewer: MBodine Review Date: 04/28/2016

Wonderful food and neat atmosphere! We had an 8:30 seating and were able to sit near the window for Illuminations! We absolutely loved the food and the ability to watch the fireworks from our table.

Pros:

Food and ambience