Reviews of Katsura Grill - Japan

Read more about Katsura Grill including a link to the menu here:

Counter service eatery with sushi, udon, and teriyaki dishes. Has both indoor and outdoor seating.

Reviewer: PolynesianStitch Review Date: 06/17/2018

Chicken with beef teriyaki was good and a nice change of pace. Good serving size. Tables for two very small and indoor tables crowded quite closely together.

Pros:

fast service

Cons:

limited indoor seating, very small table

Reviewer: DVCabbyberry Review Date: 03/11/2018

We always enjoy going to Katsura Grill every trip. The food is great, especially the teriyaki chicken and the sauce they put on the chicken and rice. The decor there is very nice and pleasant to look at. The only problem is seating. The seating is good if the weather is nice. If the weather is hot and humid (which is typical Florida weather except in Winter), outdoor seating is uncomfortable and hard to enjoy food, or when it is raining, it becomes crowded inside. People will wait over you to get your table after you leave, but this is common in most Disney restaurants like this. If weather is nice, I would suggest sitting outside. Overall, I would recommend Katsura Grill to Disney guests, for it has delectable food and nice scenery and decor, just make sure you have a spot to sit. :)

Pros:

Food, Decor

Cons:

Seating

Reviewer: Donald_13 Review Date: 02/04/2018

It was my first time coming to Katsura Frill, and I was impressed.

As a Chef and a Critic I wanted to try something new and thanks to the Dis Unplugged this was a great recommendation.

I had the chicken and beef teriyaki bowl with rice and salad, and a glass of plum wine. It is a pleasant dish that is light cleanses your palate, broadens your experience with Japanese cuisine and can't be found in any food court in America or Canada.

The plum wine is similar to a ice wine but not overly sweet. It added a nice sensation of flavor to the dish that will leave you with a pleasant smile.

Defiantly coming here again

Pros:

Great Location, good food, great price

Cons:

Reviewer: Rockerchick15 Review Date: 01/29/2018

I ordered the Tokyo Sushi combo and a green tea colada on the new 2018 dining plan. While the sushi had good flavor, it was a little dry for my taste. The fish were sticking to my teeth, if that makes sense to you. The colada was not my thing either, but it tasted exactly like its description...so that was my own fault.

The staff were very friendly and efficient though, so high marks for service!

Pros:

Fast Friendly Service

Cons:

Sushi a little dry

Reviewer: colemamma Review Date: 01/16/2017

This was my first time here and I was quite pleased. I got the shrimp tempura udon and loved it. Shrimp was crispy and the noodle bowl was fantastic. I swear I have dreams of those Udon noodles- best I have ever had.

The seating inside the restaurant is close quarters, you are so close to other diners it isn't very relaxing. Next time I will sit outside. I think this area of Epcot is the most beautifully themed in the park.

Pros:

Udon noodles are wonderful, location is the prettiest in epcot

Cons:

close seating, not a lot of room inside the restaurant

Reviewer: matheked Review Date: 12/20/2016

This has always been a favorite of ours. For some reason they switched the chicken thigh in the chicken dishes to unbreaded chicken tenders. The meat was dry and chewy and had no taste. Why would you do this??? There is a huge difference between white meat and dark meat. I see no reason to return to this place.

Pros:

Easy to get a seat

Cons:

food is horrible

Reviewer: LISAE Review Date: 08/10/2016

The food was fine just much more bland than I had expected. I had the teriyaki beef and chicken platter which was just tasteless although fresh. A nice touch was being able to substitute edamame for a dessert.
The seating here is probably the best kept secret in Epcot. Plentiful indoors and outdoors and very quiet.

Pros:

plentiful quiet seating indoors and outdoors.

Cons:

average food

Reviewer: caltex Review Date: 01/08/2016

For a quick service venue, Katsura Grill is worth considering. A noteworthy entree is the chicken cutlet curry. The chicken (breaded with panko?) was moist in the inside and crispy on the outside. The curry was flavorful and the overall dish was very good. My family and I generally found the friendliest cast members in the world showcase are to be found in the Japan pavilion and the folks in Katsura Grill were no exceptions. The only downside is that seating is limited inside although there are tables outside.

Pros:

Food, service

Cons:

Crowded

Reviewer: KCKAS Review Date: 12/20/2015

We ate the chicken teriyaki. It was good. On par with chicken teriyaki from the mall, but we like that so we were happy. We would eat here again, but not a must do.

Pros:

chicken teriyaki combo

Cons:

Reviewer: memakwed Review Date: 06/28/2015

We didn't plan on eating her this trip but we hadn't had lunch and it looked like rain was coming. We ducked in and while there isn't a lot of seating we were able to find a spot. We were on the dining plan so we ordered 2 cali rolls and 1 spicy roll which is a combo or tuna and salmon. For dessert we got the green tea cheesecake. The sushi was like you'd get any where. The cheesecake didn't really taste like green tea at all. We used a snack credit to get a miso soup and I think that was a good use of a snack credit. We were happy with our lunch and will go again probably in the future. Do to the rain it was standing room only and not enough tables once the storm hit so only plan to sit here either in good weather when you have outside seating options or you get in before a storm hits.