Reviews of Homecoming: Florida Kitchen and Shine Bar

View Menus at Homecomin' Dining Location

Celebrity Chef Art Smith has brought his brand of Florida-inspired cuisine to Disney Springs. The new restaurant features farm-to-fork cuisine that showcases the bounty of Florida, and design inspired by turn-of-the century Florida architecture of the late 1800s. Homecoming offers traditional Southern favorites with sophisticated, chef-inspired creations.

Watch restaurant review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFNkM5sTBWM

Reviewer: Collette Review Date: 02/13/2017

It was fun to sit out on the screened porch next to the water, and we enjoyed the theming here. My favorite items were the Church Lady Deviled Eggs (creamiest filling ever) for an appetizer and the Hummingbird Cake, which features pineapple and banana flavors in the cake and the best cream cheese frosting ever! However, the main dish portions are huge! Two adults could easily split one entree here. Although my short ribs were very tender, they were a little salty (or else the gravy was), and there also was some off-flavor to the broccoli rabe that came with it ("seasonal vegetable" is what is listed on the menu). It was barely cooked and tasted like it was doused with lighter fluid. It was too oily, too. The mashed sweet potatoes were good. The cake slice is humungous, so that also is easily shared. We even asked them to leave off the ice cream, and we didn't even miss it! I would prefer to pay less money and get smaller portions, because I hate to waste food and want to try lots of things. The wines by the glass definitely are over-priced for the quality.

Reviewer: konslerg Review Date: 12/01/2016

I can't say enough good things about this restaurant. Four of us dines and each had a different entree, so we did a little sampling of each others' plates. Everything was wonderful! Best fried chicken ever and the shrimp and grits was perfect! Don't let fried chicken and donuts scare you off. It was a great pairing and the dark chocolate pecan pie with homemade vanilla ice cream was to die for. Trust me when I tell you this restaurant is NOT overrated; it's wonderful with great servers (Ask for Michelle; she's the best!)and great food.

Pros:

Best Comfort Food Ever

Cons:

Absolutely None

Reviewer: Villeguy Review Date: 11/22/2016

I had to change a few of our dinner reservations to fit Homecoming into our end of September vacation. I am SO glad I did. This was an opportunity to introduce my husband to southern cooking. As soon as we walked through the doors we were greeted with the warm hospitality you expect from a great restaurant. We started our meal with the Bee Haven Bay Fried Green Tomatoes, Bunch of Puppies and Cheddar Cheese Drop Biscuits (as I said this was my husband's first taste of southern cooking and I wanted to sample as much of the menu as possible). Our meal was Art's Fabulous Fried Chicken (my husband only eats white meat and this was not a problem for us our waiter was wonderful) and Shrimp and Grits. Dessert Shine Cake and Aunties Chocolate Cake. I have eaten southern food all my life and let me tell you, this is southern cooking at its BEST! I said to my husband that I wish Art makes this a chain. His response was "babe, we can't move into a restaurant." Art Smith bless you for sharing your God given gift with us. You now have us as customers for life!

Pros:

Wonderful Food and Great Staff

Cons:

N/A

Reviewer: Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 10/07/2016

Service was really great from the moment that we walked up to the door. Food was delicious. Loved the fried chicken. So good! Really enjoyed the whole experience.

Reviewer: Annern1970 Review Date: 08/03/2016

My mom and I ate here for lunch on July 29th. We got there shortly after it opened, so we were seated right away. We chose to sit outside on the water without realizing that the porch was only screened in and not air conditioned. In the fall/winter, it may be okay, but not in the Florida heat during the summer.

The food was delicious! My mom had the pulled pork sandwich, which is really 3 small sliders, along with a side of mac and cheese. It was one of the best mac and cheeses I've ever tasted! I had the fried chicken sandwich. While good, next time I would probably just get a side of mac and cheese. We got the chicken and dumplings as a takeout for my dad to try. It was also very good.

Our server was knowledgable and very helpful when we were asking questions about the menu. I highly recommend eating here!

Pros:

service, food

Cons:

prices, no air conditioning on the porch