Reviews of Homecoming: Florida Kitchen and Shine Bar

View Menus at Homecomin' Dining Location

Celebrity Chef Art Smith has brought his brand of Florida-inspired cuisine to Disney Springs. The new restaurant features farm-to-fork cuisine that showcases the bounty of Florida, and design inspired by turn-of-the century Florida architecture of the late 1800s. Homecoming offers traditional Southern favorites with sophisticated, chef-inspired creations.

Watch restaurant review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFNkM5sTBWM

Read prices, menu items, and more about Homecomin'

Services: Table Service , Take Out or Walk-up Window, Bar/Lounge

Reviewed by mooglish Review Date: 10/04/2017

First thing first, I'm a huge Art Smith fangirl. I've watched every episode of Top Chef and Top Chef Masters that he's been on, love him to bits and pieces. I was looking forward to this most of all our meals, and we visited on Thursday, 09/28/17, for dinner. We had a reservation, and were slightly early, but we were seated right away at a table where I could look right into the kitchen and see how things were being prepared, something that I love.

First thing we were asked is about any allergies-husband has a serious aversion to onions, and mentioned it to them-they confirmed that none of the things he was interested in ordering contained onion, so we were safe there. However, pickles had onions, and that didn't matter in the least because I adore onions and stole all the pickles.

We were on the Deluxe Dining plan, so I had iced tea, husband had a Coke, and I ordered a Watermelon Mash cocktail, which was wonderful. After perusing the menu online, I already knew that I wanted the fried green tomatoes and husband ordered the Jasper board, as he wasn't quite sure what he would like. He found that he loves pimento cheese, the crackers were superb, and that tasso ham (which neither of us had tried before) is like delicious peppery pastrami. Absolutely wonderful, though my cocktail did not arrive until we were almost done with the appetizers.

For our entrees, we ordered the fried chicken, which is something I've looked forward to for quite some time and found it to be quite good-very moist, huge portion, and a bit under-seasoned. The mashed potatoes were fantastic, and we both took the server's suggestion of adding some of their sausage gravy to the potatoes, which was amazing. I could eat those cheddar drop biscuits all day-they outshine Red Lobster by miles.

For dessert, I got the Chocolate Pecan Pie, and I won the jackpot of desserts. It was divine, absolutely delicious, and so rich and lovely. Husband stole a few bites. He got the Auntie's Chocolate Cake, which was wonderful, but I won dessert :)

All in all, a great experience. The music was familiar, and it really felt like home to me (I'm a country girl at heart). It is definitely on the to-do list for the next time we head down to Florida.

Pros:

Service

Cons:

Entree was not up to what I thought of as par

Reviewed by Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 10/07/2016

Service was really great from the moment that we walked up to the door. Food was delicious. Loved the fried chicken. So good! Really enjoyed the whole experience.

Reviewed by GrandMum Review Date: 04/24/2019

My lunch here was fantastic!! Chicken crispy and moist. When we spoke to the server about the menu, he offered to make some changes for me. We were able to swap the donuts for biscuits. My only complaint was way too much food! We wish we had shared the meal.

Pros:

Great food and service.

Reviewed by csfranklin Review Date: 04/24/2019

Hands down the BEST food on property! When I asked our server, why this is, she said it's because everything is made from scratch everyday. My teens now voted this their FAVORITE in all of WDW. The chicken and donuts is so good, and easily split between two people. The mashed potatoes with bacon and cheese in beyond incredible. Any drink made with the Rumshine is super yummy! If you ask to sit on the porch, the views are pretty. Overall, we cannot say enough good things about it!

Pros:

Best food on property Great drinks Pretty views from porch

Cons:

NONE

Reviewed by Roye Ann Review Date: 04/19/2019

Cannot say enough good things about the way the staff took care of us. They specially made a fried chicken breast for my husband who has a dairy allergy and never gets to eat fried chicken anymore. It was delicious. The moonshine drinks are great, too!

Pros:

everything!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/24/2018

Great atmosphere and outstanding food! Shrimp and grits were killer along with the Florida Crush.

Pros:

Great experience all around

Cons:

Pricy if not on the dining plan, then again what isn’t at Disney.

Reviewed by jessicahs Review Date: 11/08/2018

I have to give it a 10 even though no one is perfect - this place comes close! Service was excellent, the manager Kevin Smith was incredibly nice and helpful. Hush puppies app is great, fried chicken is awesome and the mashed potatoes and mac and cheese are incredible! Finally had the hummingbird cake - it is AMAZING. I highly recommend Homecomin' and we will return.

Pros:

Everything!!!!!!!!

Cons:

Not one thing

Reviewed by bookworm269 Review Date: 09/30/2018

I've gone to this restaurant so many times I've lost count. I have so many favorites! The fried green tomatoes, the deviled eggs, the KC greens. You can get a full meal or just put together a few appetizers and sides to make a meal. Either way you won't go wrong.

Pros:

Great food and service

Reviewed by nlg0517 Review Date: 09/29/2018

Amazing!!! This restaurant did not disappoint! My kids are very picky eaters and often only order chicken or burgers when we go out. My DS 14 said, “This is the best chicken I’ve ever had!”. We ordered two chicken and dounuts and a chicken sandwich. We started with the pimento cheese stuffed hush puppies which were also very good. The mixed drinks were interesting and delicious. Then of course we had Hummingbird cake which even my DH liked and he doesn’t eat sweets. It was expensive. I would definitely eat here again

Pros:

Great food Good service Enjoyable atmosphere

Cons:

Price

Reviewed by Karen81969 Review Date: 09/27/2018

My husband and I ate here for the first time earlier this September. We both extremely enjoyed our meals. He had the shrimp and grits and I had the meatloaf. Hummingbird cake and moonshine cake for dessert and both of those also amazing! We will definitely be making this a regular dining spot on future trips!

Pros:

Our waiter was awesome!

Cons:

None!