Reviews of Grand Floridian Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Full Service

Lunch Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/grand-floridian-cafe/lunch
Dinner Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/grand-floridian-cafe/dinner
Child's Lunch/Dinner Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/grand-floridian-cafe/child-lunch-dinner

AllEars® review:

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

I am preparing for my 10th trip to Disney World and Grand Floridian Cafe has become a favorite of my over the years. Located in the undeniable opulent Grand Floridian Resort, this restaurant looks like it was plucked directly from a painting of a Grand Victorian resort of the late 19th century. I love how every time I visit I feel like I have found the secret place where the service is outstanding, the food is delicious, and the view and ambiance incredible. On our last visit, my husband couldn't resist the burger with lobster on it. My son, who is insanely picky, had very specific instructions for his steak and his side dishes. Everything came out perfectly cooked and exactly as he expected. Bonus - they had Lea and Perrins Worcestershire Sauce - much to his delight! The Chocolate Fondue dessert was the perfect ending to an outstanding dinner! I would highly recommend trying Grand Floridian Cafe - I know that it is a must on my dining list for every trip.

Pros:

Friendly attentive staff, delicious food cooked to specifications, incredible views, opulent ambiance, a quick monorail ride from the Magic Kingdom

Cons:

none - this place is GREAT!!!!

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

My daughter had multiple food allergies. She has only eaten at a restaurant one time in her 14 years and that was at Disney. This year, we hit 4 different Disney restaurants- with Grand Floridian Café being a double hitter. The chef came out and prepared her the best pork chops and then came back and asked about what she could have for dessert. I told him the only sweet things she eats in Enjoy Life snickerdoodles. I said I had never seem them on site, so we didn't need anything. He asked us to wait a few minutes. He went back and soon came out with a big plate piled high with a dozen cookies- he'd seen them stocking boxes earlier in the day in the store and remember them. It was a new item! She was SO excited. He made hew feel very special- and normal (which is a big deal when you have lots of allergies).She asked to come back later in the trip just to see him again- and get more pork chops.

Pros:

Great food- made especially for my daughter. Wonderful caring chef who went out of his way!

Cons:

Can't think for any- I can't even remember what I ate because I was so happy to see her eating out.

Reviewer: cmoranski Review Date: 03/27/2017

Great service. Beautiful room with view of courtyard. Delicious food. Hubby loved pork chop, soup, chicken was very good. They nicely accommodated my very fussy 96 year old mother. Delicious dessert tray.

Pros:

Great service, excellent food

Reviewer: mawdryn Review Date: 07/14/2016

Let me start by saying that this restaurant was not high on my list after our dining experience here on July 4th of 2013. In my post, I said I wouldn't be "rushing back." We made reservations here, specifically so we could view the fireworks from the MK after dinner...I didn't have high hopes. That being said, I will DEFINITELY be back again in the future.

My family of 6 dined here on July 3rd. We had 6:30 reservations and were seated right away at a corner table overlooking the beautiful gardens of the Grand Floridian. Our waitress was amazing and the food was delicious. We ordered: Caesar Salads, a Seasonal Strawberry Salad, Chilled Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail, Pan-roasted Chicken Breasts, Surf and Turf Burger, Shrimp and Grits, Artisan Made Spinach-Ricotta Ravioli and a New York Strip Steak. We had red wine, Fess Parker Riesling, Santa Barbara County, and a whiskey flight. For dessert, I pre ordered a white chocolate glass slipper for my sister to celebrate her birthday, which we all shared. Our waitress also brought out a cupcake and sang Happy Birthday.

This meal was beyond perfect from start to finish. As I said before, we will return...

Pros:

FOOD and SERVICE

Cons:

NONE

Reviewer: tinkmama60 Review Date: 10/12/2015

This has always been one of our favorite spots to eat! It is one of our "must-dos" on every trip. However, this last visit was enough to keep us from returning for quite sometime. The service we received was simply awful. The server not only served my lunch wrong TWICE, but was not even upset over it. When the sandwich came out wrong a second time, she never came over to ensure that the order was correct. By the time she did come back to our table, my entire party was finished their lunch. When she asked how she could compensate me, I simply said that I would take another drink and not have to pay for it. She complied. However, after waiting much too long for her to come back to give us our check, she handed me a check for 2 drinks and an order of chips placed by another party member at my table. I told her that after getting my sandwich wrong TWICE, I did not expect to pay for 2 drinks and chips that didn't belong to me. She said she couldn't do anything about it. So I asked for the manager, and she told me that "the Manager was in a meeting." We paid but it didn't sit well with me. So I went to the front of the restaurant and asked another waiter for the Manager. The Manager came out and I told her what had transpired. She was mortified, and quickly reimbursed me 2 drinks and an order of chips. The Disney magic in the customer service is slowly disappearing. Thank heavens the Manager had enough grace to be embarrassed about a simple sandwich served wrong TWICE! If you do decide to have a meal at the Grand FL café, you could leave hungry and disappointed.

Pros:

nice restaurant manager

Cons:

Service

Reviewer: clayalex02 Review Date: 09/24/2015

Mom, sister and I ate here at the end of August, even though I had heard that ADR were not normally needed for this restaurant I am glad that I had made one. A tropical storm was in the area and with all the rain the restaurants on the monorail line were busy and I don't think this restaurant is used to being this crowded. Mom had the pork chop, she said it was the best pork chop she has had, however the sides were cold. Sister had the filet, which she enjoyed, but once again the sides were cold. I had the shrimp and grits, which was not cold in the least and very tasty. At the next table, they were getting desserts and I spotted a chocolate Mickey! It comes with the sampler platter, but that did not appeal to us at the table. When I ordered my dessert, which I can't remember now, I jokingly told the waitress "and a chocolate Mickey" She brought me one! It was really too cute to eat, but eventually did a couple of days later. It was solid chocolate. Would come here again

Pros:

Cons:

cold sides

Reviewer: monorailmom Review Date: 05/24/2015

DH and I enjoyed lunch here during our recent stay. We were seated right away, though drinks took longer to arrive than they should have. Our server was quite friendly and attentive once drinks had arrived, so maybe we were just seated at a busy time. We both had Caesar salads, mine with shrimp and his with chicken. Both were excellent. I wouldn't travel to the GF to dine here, but if you're staying here and would like a nice quiet lunch, this is a nice choice.

Pros:

Relaxed atmosphere, great service

Cons:

limited lunch menu

Reviewer: Rosebud Review Date: 10/15/2014

Was at Disney in August at the Poly. Some of the "adults" decided to try a GF restaurant. We had no reservations but there was no problem for late lunch whatsoever. We also went for late dinner and this was maybe a 15 minute wait. Both meals were very good and we liked the desert offerings and how they can be mixed and matched. We would definitely go back here.

Pros:

Food, atmosphere, service

Reviewer: powlen21 Review Date: 09/23/2014

The restaurant was not crowded yet our server seemed to rush us the entire meal. This is not a place where I would return.

Pros:

nice atmosphere, bread at start of meal

Cons:

server rushed us

Reviewer: wattage Review Date: 11/20/2013

We had dinner at the Grand Floridian Café on Monday, November 4, 2013. We did not have reservations, but arrived at 5pm when they opened. We were seated within five minutes of checking in with the hostess. Our server quickly came by and took our drink orders. We asked her what was good, and she said the $30 Char-crusted New York Strip Steak with Red Bliss Mashed Potatoes and Brandy-Green Peppercorn Sauce with Seasonal Vegetables.

My wife and I both got the steak – and if was really good, well worth the price. The sides were also excellent. Service was very good as our servicer never let our sodas get empty. The only bad thing I have to say is that two screaming babies made our meal much more stressful than it should have been, but that’s the price of eating at Disney. Would definitely return and recommend to anyone.

Pros:

Great service and food

Cons:

Can get Loud