Reviews of Gaston's Tavern

View Menus at Gaston's Tavern Dining Location

All Day Menu

Read more about Gaston's Tavern including a link to the menu here: http://allears.net/dining/location/gastons-tavern

Gaston's Tavern is quick service eating.

Reviewed by tangerinezoe Review Date: 05/11/2013

The theming is fun. The pork shank is a nice alternative to the turkey leg. LeFou's brew is delicious!!

Pros:

LeFou's brew!

Reviewed by beccab Review Date: 04/19/2013

We had a quick breakfast here on April 4th. Cinnamon rolls were great, pork shank was very tender and well seasoned. We tried the La Fou's brew....it was ok. Butterbeer at Harry Potter World is much better but it was worth a try.

We'll definitely snack here again but probably won't order the brew.

The tavern is great, very well themed, although it was pretty close quarters. We were there very early, almost no crowds, but still waited for about 10 minutes to order and then had to jockey for a table. Would steer clear when the park was very crowded.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

limited space

Reviewed by thetony45 Review Date: 03/22/2013

I had just finished lunch at Be Our Guest so I wasn't hungry but I did want to try this LeFou's Brew I've heard about.

In front of the Tavern was a fountain of Gaston and LeFou and Gaston himself goes meet and greets at various points in the day.

The inside of the tavern has barrels supposedly filled with various types of drinks. In the very small seating area there was a dart board where a game of darts between Gaston and LeFou was interrupted. Gaston was dominating according to the chalk scoreboard. There was a long line but it moved quickly.

I ordered the drink in a special souvenir goblet with Belle and the Enchanted Rose on it. The drink was frozen apple juice with a hint of marshmallow topped with a mango passion fruit foam.

At first I was unimpressed but then the foam mixed in with the apple juice and turned it into an amazing taste sensation.

I didn't try any of the food so I can't review that but I LOVED the LeFou's Brew. Only complaint I had was the lack of seating.

Pros:

LeFou's Brew

Cons:

very little seating

Reviewed by FoodieBearz Review Date: 03/16/2013

Overall a nice addition to Fantasy Land. The pork shank is very tasty. It reminds me of the turkey legs you see at the park only it is pork and more flavorful so a nice change of pace from the standard turkey leg. Also, LeFou's Brew is a nice different drink. Yes it is very sweet, but nice to get a signature drink you cannot find anywhere else and a much nicer change of pace from the typical boring Coca Cola products offered throughout. The pork shank is messy and hard to eat. However, that is the point, this is Gaston's place, a macho/manly place where you can gnaw on a pork shank so it does fit in with the theming nicely.

Pros:

LeFou's Brew and Pork Shank good theming

Cons:

A bit pricey, messy

Reviewed by NotMickeyMouse Review Date: 04/17/2019

Go here if you like cinnamon or want to try for your first time, they are the best and you can ask for extra frosting and they put it for you for free, just remember to ask nicely.

Pros:

Cinnamon!!

Cons:

The place is small.

Reviewed by Sandanv1 Review Date: 10/18/2015

We purchased the Lafou's brew, Cinnamon Bun and Chocolate Crossant. The drink was cold and refreshing. The foam on the top was my favorite. The cinnamon bun could easily be shared. A great stop for a quick treat. Seating is an issue and not ECV friendly.

Pros:

Generous servings

Cons:

Seating

Reviewed by hello12345 Review Date: 06/07/2013

Stopped for a drink one day in between lunch and dinner. They had 3 lines and they all moved at a snails pace. The castmember working in my line spoke broken English and I had to tell her my order 3 times before she got it correct. Not a lot of seating, but not many people were wanting tables inside so we found one easily. This place appears to be too small to handle guests during peak times. I noticed that Disney underconstructs a lot to give the appearance that places are busier than they actually are. LeFou's Brew is good. Good drink to take on the run or have a drink and sit down to relax.

Pros:

Cons:

small, line moves slow

Reviewed by Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 03/08/2013

We stopped here for hot chocolate. The place is neat and the hot chocolate was good, but too hot. Generally I find that the hot chocolate at Disney is at a perfect temperature, so that you can actually drink it without having to wait for it to cool down. This was just too hot.

The worst part of this visit and why I rated it a 6 was the lines. We went at an off time and there were not a lot of people there, but the lines moved at a painfully slow pace. Very frustrating when all you want is a couple cups of hot chocolate. The seating is also very limited. It was cold the day we went, so people wanted to be inside and they couldn't be.

I will go back (the cinnamon buns looked great), but hope that the lines move a little faster.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/16/2019

Great atmosphere. Never overcrowded. Nice out of the way spot to sit, relax and cool off. The menu, however, doesn't seem to fit the theme. We regularly visited when they offered the pork shank which made for a wonderful quick hardy lunch or light dinner. The menu seems to change often as though they're not quite sure what to do with it.

Pros:

Lefou's brew, cinnamon rolls, atmosphere.

Cons:

Loss of the pork shank.

Reviewed by John Review Date: 03/24/2015

Maybe it is just me, but the cinnamon rolls are not nearly as good as they were at the Main Street Bakery. Also it is hard to get one when you are leaving the park in the evening. Lack of seating is also a problem, especially when it is raining.

Pros:

Cons:

No seating, cinnamon rolls