Reviews of Gaston's Tavern

View Menus at Gaston's Tavern Dining Location

All Day Menu

Read more about Gaston's Tavern including a link to the menu here: http://allears.net/dining/location/gastons-tavern

Gaston's Tavern is quick service eating.

Reviewed by brittos Review Date: 07/05/2013

Looking for a hot cinnamon roll on the morning of 6/13. This is the best place for one for breakfast. They are huge, as big as my 3 year old's head. So good that my 3 year old ate one nearly by herself, leaving this hungry mom to do without. Great atmosphere. Love the decor.

Pros:

cinnamon rolls, decor, and atmosphere

Reviewed by samanddean Review Date: 06/15/2013

We stopped in quite early to beat the crowds and get my DS (15) a Lefou's brew. He thought the butter beer at Universal was better, but he did drink it. The cinnamon roll was huge and fed 3 people easily!

Pros:

huge cinnamon roll

Cons:

small seating area

Reviewed by hello12345 Review Date: 06/07/2013

Stopped for a drink one day in between lunch and dinner. They had 3 lines and they all moved at a snails pace. The castmember working in my line spoke broken English and I had to tell her my order 3 times before she got it correct. Not a lot of seating, but not many people were wanting tables inside so we found one easily. This place appears to be too small to handle guests during peak times. I noticed that Disney underconstructs a lot to give the appearance that places are busier than they actually are. LeFou's Brew is good. Good drink to take on the run or have a drink and sit down to relax.

Pros:

Cons:

small, line moves slow

Reviewed by MM from Connecticut Review Date: 05/25/2013

The famous cinnamon roll was dried out. Big portion, but not at all fresh.

Pros:

Cute themed area

Cons:

cinnamon roll dried out/not worth it

Reviewed by tangerinezoe Review Date: 05/11/2013

The theming is fun. The pork shank is a nice alternative to the turkey leg. LeFou's brew is delicious!!

Pros:

LeFou's brew!

Reviewed by LuvsDsnyTrips Review Date: 05/02/2013

Food and servings were good
Seating is hard to find

Pros:

The cinnamon rolls

Cons:

Seating

Reviewed by beccab Review Date: 04/19/2013

We had a quick breakfast here on April 4th. Cinnamon rolls were great, pork shank was very tender and well seasoned. We tried the La Fou's brew....it was ok. Butterbeer at Harry Potter World is much better but it was worth a try.

We'll definitely snack here again but probably won't order the brew.

The tavern is great, very well themed, although it was pretty close quarters. We were there very early, almost no crowds, but still waited for about 10 minutes to order and then had to jockey for a table. Would steer clear when the park was very crowded.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

limited space

Reviewed by thetony45 Review Date: 03/22/2013

I had just finished lunch at Be Our Guest so I wasn't hungry but I did want to try this LeFou's Brew I've heard about.

In front of the Tavern was a fountain of Gaston and LeFou and Gaston himself goes meet and greets at various points in the day.

The inside of the tavern has barrels supposedly filled with various types of drinks. In the very small seating area there was a dart board where a game of darts between Gaston and LeFou was interrupted. Gaston was dominating according to the chalk scoreboard. There was a long line but it moved quickly.

I ordered the drink in a special souvenir goblet with Belle and the Enchanted Rose on it. The drink was frozen apple juice with a hint of marshmallow topped with a mango passion fruit foam.

At first I was unimpressed but then the foam mixed in with the apple juice and turned it into an amazing taste sensation.

I didn't try any of the food so I can't review that but I LOVED the LeFou's Brew. Only complaint I had was the lack of seating.

Pros:

LeFou's Brew

Cons:

very little seating

Reviewed by Disney6Pack Review Date: 03/21/2013

Party of 5 (me, DD15, DD14, DS12, and DD10) at Magic Kingdom during Mardi Gras break. The kids were waiting in line for the new Ariel ride, so I walked over to Gaston’s to grab a LeFou’s Brew. We wanted to try it and wanted the souvenir cup. We all tasted it and thought it was good, but we think the Butter-Beer at Harry Potter’s World at Universal is much better. Gaston’s Tavern is very well themed, but extremely small. I can imagine that it gets quite crowded when people want to purchase food. We were there during an off-time, so there was only one person ahead of me in line. We loved the fountain and statues in front of Gaston’s. It is definitely worth a try.

Pros:

theme, LeFou's Brew

Reviewed by FoodieBearz Review Date: 03/16/2013

Overall a nice addition to Fantasy Land. The pork shank is very tasty. It reminds me of the turkey legs you see at the park only it is pork and more flavorful so a nice change of pace from the standard turkey leg. Also, LeFou's Brew is a nice different drink. Yes it is very sweet, but nice to get a signature drink you cannot find anywhere else and a much nicer change of pace from the typical boring Coca Cola products offered throughout. The pork shank is messy and hard to eat. However, that is the point, this is Gaston's place, a macho/manly place where you can gnaw on a pork shank so it does fit in with the theming nicely.

Pros:

LeFou's Brew and Pork Shank good theming

Cons:

A bit pricey, messy