Reviews of Gasparilla Island Grill

View Menus at Gasparilla Island Grill Dining Location

Counter Service Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner/Snacks

Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/gasparilla-island-grill/all-day

Reviewer: mawdryn Review Date: 03/31/2017

My husband and I popped into Gasparilla Island Grill on March 21st before Wishes to grab a treat. We picked out an almond fruit tart and it was delicious!!! Service was fast and friendly.

Pros:

Fast Service and Great Selection for Counter service

Reviewer: Tanasigirl Review Date: 09/27/2016

We grabbed a snack here on the evening of September 12, 2016. We like to tour the monorail resorts on our first night, so we popped in and shared a Cuban panini with cucumber salad. Very flavorful and plenty for me and my hubby.

The best part about this little gem is the view of Cinderella's castle from your table. You don't have to pay the big bucks to have a nice, relaxing view.

Pros:

Nice view

Reviewer: LISAE Review Date: 08/16/2016

This was so good we ate hear three times in two weeks despite staying over at Caribbean Beach Resort and not at the Grand Floridian.
We stayed at the GF almost ten years ago and liked this quick service restaurant at the time. Since the refurb a few years ago there are far more indoor tables.
I confess I stuck to the create your own salad bar on all three visits. You choose your leaf base (European leaves or Romaine) then add steak or chicken and then a cast member fills your salad bowl along a huge choice of salads from the basic cucumber, tomato etc to the more unusual chick peas, peas and broccoli - finally you choose the dressing you would like. Awesome.
My daughter also had the salad three times but she tried both the chicken and steak.
My son had the salad once and the burger (which he thought was excellent) and the pizza (more bread than pizza).
Dessert choice is not as good as you would expect from here although I did have a very nice German chocolate cake on the first trip; we tended to stick to the generic apples with caramel or fruit salad on the vast majority of trips.
You can reach here easily from the MK and it makes a perfect break whether visiting by boat or monorail.
Finally, we had the most friendly service ever from the delightful Cat and her friend Cindy.
What more could you ask for?

Pros:

Best counter service salad and fabulous service

Reviewer: Jchuges7 Review Date: 11/09/2015

Left Magic Kingdom to get away from the crowds and have lunch here after I did my research and found the menu for Gasparilla Island Grill. Knew I had to try the Grand Gaspy burger and it did not disappoint. The burger with the cheddar and pulled pork was incredible. It was the only burger I had all week but I know this would have been the best even if I had tried others. Came with a side of homemade chips which were crisp and seasoned well. Fiance had the chef's special which was a cajun salmon sandwich. We were both blown away by the quality of food for a QS location. Easily the best QS we have experienced.

Usually the desserts for QS were standard and just ok. Here the cupcakes were something very special! I went with the lemon blueberry while my fiance had German chocolate. Both had moist cakes with plentiful toppings, some of the best desserts we had on our trip. We also brought along our Rapid Refill mugs so we could grab a bottled drink for our DDP credit.

Definitely worth the trip if you are staying at or near Grand Floridian if you need a QS meal that is of a higher caliber. We enjoyed the calm, quiet setting after being at Magic Kingdom all morning. Certainly will be back in the future!

Pros:

Best QS location in WDW, fresh food, cupcakes

Cons:

A little off the beaten path unless staying at resort

Reviewer: monorailmom Review Date: 05/24/2015

DH and I ate here a few times during our recent stay. For breakfast, he had a side order of scrambled eggs and toast (generous portions!) and I had the kids' Mickey waffles which was really good. Dinner one night was a hot dog for him which was fine, and I had the salad with flank steak which was excellent. It was never crowded in there, and we easily found tables and could refill our mugs without waiting.

Pros:

Food was excellent!

Reviewer: lamystreaux Review Date: 01/28/2015

Great qs option at the posh GF resort! We enjoyed the variety and that most everything is still made to order. We enjoyed the pizzas, the strombolis, the create your own salad option, and the breakfast options are great!

Pros:

variety

Reviewer: alexandergirl68 Review Date: 10/13/2014

I made a trip over from the MK by boat to have a quiet lunch and it was great.
I tried the Cuban sandwich on 10/8 which was very good. The dining area was nice and air conditioned on a hot day and I was able to sit and relax for a while without the crowds of the park and with better food.

Pros:

Food and dining area

Reviewer: bellebookworm9 Review Date: 09/27/2014

My friend and I ate here for lunch on 8/19 after a morning at the GF pool. I ordered the cheese flatbread and a dish of soft serve ice cream. He had the Grand Gaspy Burger. I was pleased to see that they had expanded and re-done the seating area since the last time I visited; it looks much nicer now.

The cashier charged me for a chicken caesar salad rather than what I had ordered, but I didn't notice until after I had sat down. It was only a $1.50 difference so I didn't complaint, but that was a bit annoying.

Burger and pizza were good.

Pros:

Good flatbread and burger, revamped seating area

Cons:

Cashier charged me too much for wrong item

Reviewer: Wendy55 Review Date: 01/25/2014

1st - Kim is the best of the best! Kim has been here it seems forever and she always greets one with a warm smile! Nice selection of foods to go. The salads made your way are great.
Open 24hrs - perfect!

Pros:

Selection and staff

Reviewer: DVC Fans Review Date: 12/01/2013

We enjoyed the yummy Margherita Flatbread twice during our Thanksgiving stay. This is prepared fresh and delivered, when ready, to your table. Abundant, clean indoor and outdoor seating is available. Staff is friendly and helpful. Menu options are extensive for a counter service location which is also open 24 hours a day.

We found out that the new refillable drink mugs now have a chip which allows you to use the drink stations for 1, 2, or 3 days, or length of stay (priced accordingly). Most important, we were told that the new chip system allows refills at any WDW hotel drink station across property that is also on this new system.

Pros:

Menu Variety, Atmosphere, Service