Reviews of Garden View Lounge Tea

View Menus at Garden View Tea Room Dining Location

Full Service

Reviewer: Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 01/08/2014

I can't say enough nice things about this place. We arrived almost 45 minutes past our reservation, and past the time they were seating people. Long story short, it took us almost 90 minutes to get from Wilderness Lodge to the Grand Floridian. I had been emailing the manager at the restaurant to let them know we were coming, but her last note said that they could not take us it was too late. However, when we arrived, the hostess was very gracious and told us to relax and come right in and relax.

This was a special thing we were doing for my step mom and kind of a surprise, so I was so happy that they let us in.

The tea was very nice and the food as well. A really nice thing to do with the ladies, although my son enjoyed his Mrs. Potts tea (chocolate milk). I can't wait to go back.

Reviewer: jjcscanlon Review Date: 08/10/2013

My husband and I, along with our teenage daughter enjoyed our Grand Floridian Tea experience. We had reserved a table for 3, but then my picky son decided to join us after he went and picked up some food for himself at Gasparilla Grill. I thought he'd stay at the food court, but he brought it to us - not sure they were happy with that, but didn't say anything to us about it (I wasn't happy he tainted the tea experience LOL).

We all had the Buckingham Palace which was $25 per person, but included a pot of your individual tea choice (kept warm in it's own "blanket" cozy, traditional tea sandwiches (which you could pick and choose from 5 different varieties), a scone and jam tart with fresh strawberry jam, clotted cream and lemon curd and choice of pastries or English Trifle.

The "courses" were spaced nicely and we did not feel rushed, but the amount of goodies you get certainly ensures that this outing can serve as a meal replacement - and looking at it that way, the price of the outing doesn't seem as bad.

the Tea Room was at about 60% capacity, but they do encourage reservations as the room is on the smaller, (yet bright and airy) side overlooking the pool area.

We really enjoyed all the menu offerings we chose and my daughter is still talking about wishing she had gotten the tea we had both had to bring home (a custom blend for the tea room called : Princess Breakfast Tea - A sweet custom blend of South African organic rooibos flavored with vanilla bean and a hint of strawberries. Rich in antioxidants and vitamins, and naturally decaffeinated.)

Since we've been married 19 years ago, we've probably been to Disney over 40 times and we always try to do new things. The Tea was a first time for us and we will most likely do it again.

Pros:

atmosphere, welcomed respite

Reviewer: wendybarrie Review Date: 05/23/2013

This was my second time at tea, and I still love it, and find great value in it. I did not give it an excellent because I still think there is some confusion that comes along with the tea if your server doesn't work to sort and make things clear. We opted for three different tea menus, and we did not understand that one had two courses, one three and the other four, so when my friend received her second course we sat and sat until the server asked why she wasn't eating then explained she was the only one with that course, which was fine I wish he would have better explained. Also, make sure to ask about the sandwich selections and substitute where you find necessary.

Pros:

Different and a nice midday pace